JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

I had posted the statement which was circulating at the time. Thats why I said initial reports
Other reports said G-loc and wings ripped off

Other reports said G-loc and wings ripped off
And yet some others stated it was due to fbw issues where PAF was testing new weapons. Noone really knows the truth as PAF rarely discloses such information.
But we do know the crash occured at night and it's not inconceivable to lose situational awareness and crash.

I know. Thats why I remained vague as 'initial reports'. We also saw the wing strengtheners placed after that, if I remember correctly

PAF Pilot testing JF-17(PT-3)
escmuyh.jpg

Last edited:
More like Defense fraud looking for engagement to make money off YouTube.
You would remember the jf17 evolution video thread. I want to make an updated one for the new generation with the new updates. Most of the video will revolve around the prototypes etc

Should I place 93ma poster, rd33 vs ws13 or ws15 etc image?

Also any pictures of the blk3 hud including the name, like we have of the radar?

I have not been active for years on the jf17 forums so want to make a video which remains relevant for some years apart from addressing the mig21 upgrade which the koreans keep mentioning. I am not that much video / tech savvy but will give it a try.

Najam's paf wallpapers is converted to a pron site. Will use several of his posts so that they remain on the net for awhile.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: HRK
P 51 mushtang had great potential with a low-drag fuselage and laminar flow wing. But the Allison V12 engine which powered the aircraft struggled above 15,000 ft.
So it was decided to try the aircraft with a Rolls Royce Merlin instead. That aircraft became one of the greatest fighters of the Second World War.....a legend n an icon of u.s air power.

Now imagine the jf 17 instead of p 51,........
Jf 17 has great potential but the engine rd93 is ok n is doing the job but with a more powerful engine which takes it twr above 1 , it can reach its full potential.

Last edited:
P 51 mushtang had great potential with a low-drag fuselage and laminar flow wing. But the Allison V12 engine which powered the aircraft struggled above 15,000 ft.
So it was decided to try the aircraft with a Rolls Royce Merlin instead. That aircraft became one of the greatest fighters of the Second World War.....a legend n an icon of u.s air power.

Now imagine the jf 17 instead of p 51,........
Jf 17 has great potential but the engine rd93 is ok n is doing the job but with a more powerful engine which takes it twr above , it can reach its full potential.
Just too many variables makes it harder to implement technically and economically.
F-16 engine swap meant a bigger intake for the GE equipped birds vs the P,&W ones.
You can put a higher thrust engine of similar dimensions more or less but if the airflow is the same as before, you will not realize those gains with the new engine.

Just too many variables makes it harder to implement technically and economically.
F-16 engine swap meant a bigger intake for the GE equipped birds vs the P,&W ones.
You can put a higher thrust engine of similar dimensions more or less but if the airflow is the same as before, you will not realize those gains with the new engine.
That's the beauty of the jf17 ie we can do things with it thst we can't even dream of doing with other birds in our flock.
If ur not willing to go the extra mile u can never excel

You would remember the jf17 evolution video thread. I want to make an updated one for the new generation with the new updates. Most of the video will revolve around the prototypes etc

Should I place 93ma poster, rd33 vs ws13 or ws15 etc image?

Also any pictures of the blk3 hud including the name, like we have of the radar?

I have not been active for years on the jf17 forums so want to make a video which remains relevant for some years apart from addressing the mig21 upgrade which the koreans keep mentioning. I am not that much video / tech savvy but will give it a try.

Najam's paf wallpapers is converted to a pron site. Will use several of his posts so that they remain on the net for awhile.
Thanks
Oddly - I saw some archived versions of the old forum during a google search so you could have luck picking stuff off there. Forgot how I got there but it does exist - I think you have to specifically search for archived pages.

Oddly - I saw some archived versions of the old forum during a google search so you could have luck picking stuff off there. Forgot how I got there but it does exist - I think you have to specifically search for archived pages.

origins & evolution​

JF-17's various initial design phases & design resemblances​

wasnt able to get anything from cache. Guess I will have to redo it again. On the bright side, I managed to get back my article I published there for which vcheng gave me an earful regarding thrust lol. Guess half of the script for the video is already made.

Last edited:
Under the collaboration of SIFC and NASTP, Pakistan diligently advances towards potential JF-17 Block-III deal.

Recent operationalization of the jet in PAF and its participation in International Exercises is fostering optimism for imminent success within this financial year.
1706727261917.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back