JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

I've never seen this picture before. The plane looks a little different... sleeker..... or is it the camera angle? When is this from? Is it an early prototype?
In China. Yes, very early image.

For an aircraft that you guys claim is fourth generation and equal to F16 block 52 or mirage 2000 or mig 29 heck some even claim equal to su30mki with price of just 30 million each so much claimed capability
Why has there been no takers for this plane ...you would think based on price and claimed technology it would sell globally .

I'm aware of the token half dozen sales in three or four minor states but over ten years of service that's not much up take at all.

Chinese arms do sell.but this has been shall I say nominal interest
You will be in a position to comment or critisie once if you make a Tejas sale , which you Indians boast as next generation aircraft.
Ask yourself how many new single engine jets are currently in the market.
JF-17 covers PAF'S doctorine well, reason it has gone from Block-1 to Block-3.
It was tested in combat and held more than it's own.

You will be in a position to comment or critisie once if you make a Tejas sale , which you Indians boast as next generation aircraft.
Remove China's geopolitical influence over puny little debt ridden ghettos, How many functional countries bought Jf17.

Remove China's geopolitical influence over puny little debt ridden ghettos, How many functional countries bought Jf17.
If that was the case, China would enforce something like J-10 sole product rather than a JV.
It's another thing Tejas is being forced down IAFs throat merely for the pride .

If that was the case, China would enforce something like J-10 sole product rather than a JV.
It's another thing Tejas is being forced down IAFs throat merely for the pride .
J-10 costs 80-90% more than jf17.
As I said there is reason why handful jf17 could only be sold to economically and politically failed ghetto states.
No well to do- middle income country will by it. As we saw with failed rumours of Azb, Egypt etc sales.

Last edited:
Who knows the BAF may be after the JF-17s too! Then it'll be like two "PAF"s vs one IAF....

J-10 costs 80-90% more than jf17.
As I said there is reason why handful jf17 could only be sold to economically and politically failed ghetto states.
No well to do- middle income country will by it. As we saw with failed rumours of Azb, Egypt etc sales.
OK so let's see, China has geopolitically influenced say Nigeria to purchase 3 JF-17s but some how same has managed to purchase 24 M-346 from Italy which roughly cost same per unit as JF-17.
Not to mention other types from other sources....maybe mega rich Indians provided the funds to the so called ghetto state.

OK so let's see, China has geopolitically influenced say Nigeria to purchase 3 JF-17s but some how same has managed to purchase 24 M-346 from Italy which roughly cost same per unit as JF-17.
Not to mention other types from other sources....maybe mega rich Indians provided the funds to the so called ghetto state.

LoL selfgoal. thanks for reminding about M346. When Nigeria ordered jf17 There was no armed variant of M346 . It was purely trainer aircraft back then.
Once M346 got armed variant, Even Chinese influence couldn't make them make them buy apart from 3 Jf17 .

For an aircraft that you guys claim is fourth generation and equal to F16 block 52 or mirage 2000 or mig 29 heck some even claim equal to su30mki with price of just 30 million each so much claimed capability
Why has there been no takers for this plane ...you would think based on price and claimed technology it would sell globally .

I'm aware of the token half dozen sales in three or four minor states but over ten years of service that's not much up take at all.

Chinese arms do sell.but this has been shall I say nominal interest
The biggest / overwhelming factor in major arms sales is politics. The US fully understands the leverage it gets when it supplies to countries, for starters all of them follow its foreign policy agenda, soon to be joined by India. Where they feel their interests are threatened by China gaining such influence they just use all levers available to scupper any deal including offering almost free refurbished F-16’s. Countries within the US sphere of control are more free to export their fighters and given the direction India is moving in, that should give the Tejas a big advantage but let’s see if anyone wants the Tejas ‘which you guys claim is fourth generation and equal to F-16 block 52 or mirage 2000 or mig 29’😉

LoL selfgoal. thanks for reminding about M346. When Nigeria ordered jf17 There was no armed variant of M346 . It was purely trainer aircraft back then.
Once M346 got armed variant, Even Chinese influence couldn't make them make them buy apart from 3 Jf17 .
Keep changing goal posts if it helps your burns. 😆
Now tell me, with over 250 SU-30s and dozens of MiG-29s and MK2s in inventory, why was Modi crying out for a few Rafales.
Know the difference between different roles that different aircraft are designed for . There's something called COIN operations, Nigeria had been using Alpha jets for training and COIN and inducted the M346 for same purpose. JF-17 is delivering for what it's intended for.
Here read and weep and watch this space.

Keep changing goal posts if it helps your burns. 😆
Now tell me, with over 250 SU-30s and dozens of MiG-29s and MK2s in inventory, why was Modi crying out for a few Rafales.
Know the difference between different roles that different aircraft are designed for . There's something called COIN operations, Nigeria had been using Alpha jets for training and COIN and inducted the M346 for same purpose. JF-17 is delivering for what it's intended for.
Here read and weep and watch this space.

Jf17 is delivering what ?? Only 3 were bought. And they learnt it's not worth it.

So is there Chinese influence or not? What are you saying? It's there when u want it and not effective when it suits your argument?

Jf17 is delivering what ?? Only 3 were bought. And they learnt it's not worth it.
Man u keep talking shit about jf-17 while no country has shown interest in tejas. Like show me a list of countries that have bought Tejas mk1a and how many of em have been delivered To the iaf. Do I need to remind you. Lol at the end of the day, jf-17 is a working product and India has no indigenous equivalent until I see them in active service. All empty words mean jack ."the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has revealed which models of armed unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) it will soon be receiving from China. It will receive eight Wing Loong II, CH-4 and CH-3 aircraft" that might be the reason for only 3 jf-17.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back