JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

Here is the official statement saying that the Iraqi delegation has expressed strong interest in buying JF-17 jets and additional Super Mushak aircraft."The delegation expressed admiration for PAF's indigenization initiatives and expressed a strong interest in acquiring JF-17 Thunder fighter jets, as well as an additional 12 Super Mushak Trainer aircraft, along with maintenance and lifecycle support from PAF, emphasizing the potential for enhanced collaboration."
1724263965867.png

So it is still a "strong interest" and you guys jump every time that this country, that country is going to buy 12, 30, 60 jets 🙄🙄🙄
JF-17 Block 3 is a very formidable jet and soon Insha Allah will get orders from multiple countries but I don't think it is a good thing to jump every time before the meal is cooked.
Here is the official statement saying that the Iraqi delegation has expressed strong interest in buying JF-17 jets and additional Super Mushak aircraft."The delegation expressed admiration for PAF's indigenization initiatives and expressed a strong interest in acquiring JF-17 Thunder fighter jets, as well as an additional 12 Super Mushak Trainer aircraft, along with maintenance and lifecycle support from PAF, emphasizing the potential for enhanced collaboration."
View attachment 60556

So it is still a "strong interest" and you guys jump every time that this country, that country is going to buy 12, 30, 60 jets 🙄🙄🙄
JF-17 Block 3 is a very formidable jet and soon Insha Allah will get orders from multiple countries but I don't think it is a good thing to jump every time before the meal is cooked.
A valid point, and I must add into this that just like before many defence related accounts on Twitter/X are hyping and spreading this news. I also made the same point that, there is a difference between showing "interest in buying" and the actual buying. For e.g. I have a strong interest in buying an iphone, but I haven't actually bought one yet. Unless there are official statements from MoD's of both countries, its hard to believe as of now. One of such accounts even wrote that Azerbaijan and Malaysia also bought JF-17, without mentioning any sources (although there are some speculative news about the Azerbaijan sale).

The problem is that such news hype creates a bad and laughing impression of Pakistan defence industry. Defence enthusiast and fans will get angry on my comments, but we all have to understand this and in the end we all want to see JF-17 exports.

This is the closest we have come to an official confirmation, the PAF saying the IrAF expressing a strong interest in buying JF-17 means the deal may not be done yet, but we are very close.
But it not confirmation but ONLY SHOWING INTEREST TO PURCHASE JF-17

THIS IS NOT A CONFIRMATION BY IRAQI AIRFORCE

How many countries airforces want JF-17 according to Pakistani defence accounts and blogs on social media:

1. Serbia
Serbia.png

2. Turkey
Turkey.png

3. Argentina => Although Argentina later denied that it allocated funds for JF17
Argentine.png

4. Malaysia
Malaysia.png

@AbdulQadir7 don't post misleading post where your DGISPR X video shows Iraq purchasing JF-17 from Pakistan? Is deal done (contract signed)? Showing the interest doesn't means it's confirmed that IrAF buying JF-17 from Pakistan, so avoid click bait posts in JF-17 thread

There was lots of threads on old PDF and this forum that Iraq buying JF-17 but outcome of these threads is nothing

Last edited:
It would be really interesting to see what the Turks could do with the JF-17...essentially a lightweight Ozgur equivalent.

This is the closest we have come to an official confirmation, the PAF saying the IrAF expressing a strong interest in buying JF-17 means the deal may not be done yet, but we are very close.
It seems after 3 years of getting worst abuses, DGISPR is finally getting some love here !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back