AjayGhatak
Trusted Member
My wife is sitting next to me and she is laughing like crazy. Thanks!Do your family know about your pdf kink?
How confused they might get
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
My wife is sitting next to me and she is laughing like crazy. Thanks!Do your family know about your pdf kink?
How confused they might get
Time value of money is so hard to appriciate. I dunno why.
2 million dollars in 2011 =/= 2 million dollars now =/= 150K each year
Because... duh time value of money.
First lesson in any book of finance.
Having 2 million when you are 25 is a bigger blessing than having 5 at 65. Actually for a lot of reasons.
Nothing fixes prodigal stupid (and its not a comment on you my friend or anyone on this thread). Misfortunes, however to a small extent can be managed.I'd rather have $0 at 25 and $2M at 65 than $2M at 25 and $0 at 65.
My wife is sitting next to me and she is laughing like crazy. Thanks!
The family doesn't know, is it?Hey hey hey.... Steady.....I am a conservative guy at core
I thought this was just between me and you
It's called working capital, no one's retiring off of this...unless if you live in the middle of Kansas, don't leave your house, get your groceries from the local food bank and don't have kids to put through college/university.The value of money is the money can make money itself.
Putting it on a term deposit is probably the smallest yield there are, if it was me, I would invest in properties, split it up with 2 mil, and you can buy 4 apartments/condos free and clear, then use that 4 condos and take out a mortgage for another 4. Now you own 8, and you can put it in rental and earn around $12000 a month (Average rent in the US per month is $1592.) Or you can use that income and take out another loan and get another 4.
In the finance field, this is called equity.
You do not report working capital on your income tax return. LOL!It's called working capital
Gramps, when I will be of your age perhaps I will find time, energy and patience to sift through. Till then I have to rely on my instinct rather than wisdom or lack there of.I might invoke two other members of this forum to testify that there are Pakistanis who are treated with the greatest respect and even affection by right-thinking Indians. Those four (two formerly active on the old PDF) are eminent personalities with none of the negative attributes that Pakistanis seem to possess in your outlook.
Then, you are not alone.
I can only thank Providence for having gifted me such an outstanding though small number of people from other backgrounds, who add value to my thinking and refresh and nurture my ideas.
Gramps, when I will be of your age perhaps I will find time, energy and patience to sift through. Till then I have to rely on my instinct rather than wisdom or lack there of.
This is false. Musk full-throatily supported H1-B, going as far as to call MAGAs as "subtards" and "will go on war on this.".
Vivek's point was about "American culture since 90s or so not producing best engineers because everyone in America celebrates jocks over nerds" for which he got massive backlash and now looks like a boot.
Musk since then has figured it out that getting supply of H-1Bs is easier done behind closed doors instead of on twitter. There are rumours of a conflict between Musk's DOGE staff and traditional Republican immigration hawks.
Good evening, Pakistani Americans! I see the intellectual roundtable on how Indians slowly acquiring political power in the West is somehow 'white worshiping' is in full swing. Though this thread is brimming with insults, I have to admit, some of them are actually funny. Just don’t burn the midnight oil—your white masters and your Indian bosses might need their Ubers and DoorDash on time tomorrow!
Anyway, I guess I'll excuse myself before you guys try to lynch me for blasphemy. Carry on, scholars!
![]()
Our neighbors declared 60 days of mourning.Bannon and co will always be closer to Trump.
Vivek is a disposable.
Reminds me of a conversation that I had with them on X, once they found out I am a Chinese then they went rogue mode and started ranting like animals, and they strongly believe I would be starve to death in days.I know a lot of MAGA people where I live and work. They are as racist as you can get. And these are highly educated people. One of my closest “friends” openly tells me that the government and the military has to stay in the hands of the Whites. They see the world as either they’re on top or the world will go to hell, conveniently overlooking the mere fact that they control all levers of power in the U.S. as it is. The irony is Muslims have been very kind to this friend including myself. I was under no illusions on who they are so isn’t shocked at what they actually think. I know for a fact if tomorrow they come for my family (if we were illegal), my “friend” will openly support my deportation to cleanse the US of ethnic minorities specifically Muslims. Reminds me of what the Bosnian Muslims used to say right before the genocide, we used to have tea with these people [Serbs]. I replay that over and over in my head whenever I interact with my maga buddy.
Yeah the amount of brainwashing is surreal. I learned as I get older not to interact with them because they’re literally stupid animals.Reminds me of a conversation that I had with them on X, once they found out I am a Chinese then they went rogue mode and started ranting like animals, and they strongly believe I would be starve to death in days.
Sun tzu used to said “Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated.” they are far far from this standard.
Take a wild guess there. He’s not Indian that’s for sureYour that 'friend' is of what ethnicity?