Lt Gen Asim Malik Apponted DG ISI

How many Asim’s do they have.. from Asim Bajwa to Asim Munir and now Asim Malik :)

Welcome to the club, General. Your legacy will be defined by your actions. The entire nation will remember you as a hero if you follow the example of Raheel Sharif and concentrate on military affairs, though his reputation has recently been unfairly tarnished.

Otherwise, the country will curse you even in year 2100 if you follow the path of the former DG ISI, Nadeem Anjum, who is likely to be remembered negatively for the rest of his life.

PS: I am in no position to offer my opinion, as he is more educated, wiser, and understands the situation better than we do. However, the actions of his predecessors have undeniably brought shame to the country, with widespread allegations of rigged elections, abductions, and the torture of civilians affiliated with political parties they disfavoured. Preserve your legacy by steering clear of personal egos, extensions, and matters outside the military domain.

What sort of credentials you are looking forward to?

Like any other state. For example head of MI6:

Richard Moore is the Chief of MI6, the UK Secret Intelligence Service.

Richard was Director General for Political Affairs at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office from April 2018 to August 2020. He served as British Ambassador to Turkey from January 2014 to December 2017. Previously he was Director for Europe, Latin America and Globalisation (2010 to 2012) and Director for Programmes and Change (2008 to 2010). He has had postings in Vietnam, Turkey (1990 to 1992), Pakistan and Malaysia.

What are his credentials?
If you will ask some military fan guy, they will say "He is the greatest General and spy chief the country has ever got" :LOL:

All jokes aside, here is a bit about this new spy chief from DAWN news:

"During the course of his military career, Gen Malik has served in the Balochistan infantry division and commanded the infantry brigade in Waziristan, PTV News said."

"Other than that, Gen Malik has also served as the chief instructor at the National Defence University in Islamabad and as an instructor at the Command and Staff College Quetta."

"The military officer is a graduate of Fort Leavenworth in the United States and Royal College of Defence Studies in London, the statement added."

Yeah, I think there is a weakness in having a serving army officer as head of ISI.

You can go from a Corps Commander or Head of PMA to head of one of the best intelligence agencies in the world? With very little prior experiance of intelligence?

CIA, Mossad, MI6 all have people who have lived and breathed that world for many years before taking charge.

Yeah, I think there is a weakness in having a serving army officer as head of ISI.

You can go from a Corps Commander or Head of PMA to head of one of the best intelligence agencies in the world? With very little prior experiance of intelligence?

CIA, Mossad, MI6 all have people who have lived and breathed that world for many years before taking charge.
Incompetency and outdated thinking. Unless this guy was an intelligence officer, which sounds like he wasn’t.

If they’re too busy political engineering, who’s in charge of the actual defense and intel? A poor country like Pakistan doesn’t have unlimited resources to deal with external threats and internal political opponents. I suspect this is a large reason the country is unsafe for the foreign dignitaries.

If you will ask some military fan guy, they will say "He is the greatest General and spy chief the country has ever got" :LOL:

All jokes aside, here is a bit about this new spy chief from DAWN news:

"During the course of his military career, Gen Malik has served in the Balochistan infantry division and commanded the infantry brigade in Waziristan, PTV News said."

"Other than that, Gen Malik has also served as the chief instructor at the National Defence University in Islamabad and as an instructor at the Command and Staff College Quetta."

"The military officer is a graduate of Fort Leavenworth in the United States and Royal College of Defence Studies in London, the statement added."

I see
A loyal bootlicker.
Will serve America and Israel well.

Mubarak. Hope he makes a big change within the ISI to concentrate on external threats and improves the agencies image within Pakistan which has been hit hard due to political engineering, kidnapping, fake cases, blunders. He must realise harming own population will not go well, it's best to work with them, encourage major reforms so people get justice.

"During the course of his military career, Gen Malik has served in the Balochistan infantry division and commanded the infantry brigade in Waziristan"

By now, the List of officers who haven't served in Balochistan and Ex FATA is shorter.

The only real question is who is he here to serve. Pakistan under siege, or Asim Munir. We I'll know soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back