My Visit to Bangladesh: Celebrating Eid-ul-Adha and Exploring the Country

Al-Zakir

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bismillah!

Hello friends,

My family and I are currently visiting Bangladesh. The purpose of my visit is to celebrate Eid-ul-Adha, take a break from work, time spend with extended family and explore the country. I will mostly be spending my time in my hometown Sylhet (Jalalabad) and Cox's Bazaar.

This is my third visit to Bangladesh since I emigrated to the USA in the 1990s. My last visit to Bangladesh was about 12 years ago. I will share my experiences in this thread. I plan to stay in BD for 5 weeks.

Feel free to ask me about Bangladesh if you are interested in visiting this country.

Source:
Not applicable
Some photos from tea garden and country side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240614_101830_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240614_101830_Gallery.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20240614_101733_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240614_101733_Gallery.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20240614_101731_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240614_101731_Gallery.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 38
Enjoy your break bro.
Nice to see your name in yellow!
You must be seeing plenty changes in Bangladesh nowadays….

Enjoy your break bro.
Nice to see your name in yellow!
You must be seeing plenty changes in Bangladesh nowadays….
Thank you, Bhai! Yes, Bangladesh has definitely changed since my last visit. I will share the pros and cons as I get to go out and mingle with the locals. I plan to stay away from cities and spend time in the countryside. My first observation is that smaller cities are not developing as much compared to larger divisional/provincial cities. There are two main noticeable issues- broken traffic and the sanitary system.

If you are visiting Bd and are not used to drink tap water then I recommend this brand. I am using this brand myself. Please do not drink tap water. your stomach will not tolerate it and may end up in Hospital.

water.jpg

If you are visiting Bd and are not used to drink tap water then I recommend this brand. I am using this brand myself. Please do not drink tap water. your stomach will not tolerate it and may end up in Hospital.

When I visited Azad Kashmir about 10 years back I was
drinking bottled water, I can't handle the tap water there.

Curious if you can elaborate

In smaller municipalites, there are no traffic signal, traffic police, lane is not defined and drivers communicate with each other with horns. It's dramatic how they navigate through city. :D

Drainage is built on ground under the sidewalk however covers are either broken or missing throughout the cities causing bad smell, looks dirty and produces insects. 👎

Purchased 2 animals for Quebani. One young goat and a bull. Both are desi breeds and grass fed. Allahu Alam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240616_095416_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20240616_095416_WhatsApp.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240615_152654.jpg
    20240615_152654.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
@Al-Zakir

Zakir sb,

Under Bangabandhobi Sheikh Hasina Devi's watch, BD has made immense progress and is a model for all South Asian countries. May she live long.

Wish you and your loved ones a blessed Eid.

Regards

Fresh coconut milk

Attachments

• 20240616_150751.jpg
    20240616_150751.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Welcome back to Bangladesh Bhai. Desh ta je kun dike jar bhai allah janoin.

Welcome back to Bangladesh Bhai. Desh ta je kun dike jar bhai allah janoin.

Thanks bhai. Eta aar maatia laab nai.
Allah Allah Karo aar chance taakle bhaago. Pura deshta oi ekta garbage er dump. Kaali moila aar moila. Faristha Bangladesh taakiya bhaag se. Astaghfirullah!

Oba post karo na kita laagia? Baqi bhaiyon koi?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back