Myanmar Fires on Bangladeshi Ships Towards Saint Martin

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Did I not cover the ample supply of FM-90 SAMs that BA would use to provide air cover?
BD also has a lot of modern MANPADs to deal with even lower flying aircraft and they can also threaten medium altitude planes as well.

Both systems seem to be totally ineffective because Jf17 has standoff weapons like basic glide bombs having 50km+ range.
Mig and Su-30 might also be equipped with something equivalent, BD needs better SAM umbrella.

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Contrary to popular belief, BD is not the densest country in the world.

Not many "countries" above BD. Population is major factor.
Screenshot_20240616_160553_Brave.jpg

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Both systems seem to be totally ineffective because Jf17 has standoff weapons like basic glide bombs having 50km+ range.
Mig and Su-30 might also be equipped with something equivalent, BD needs better SAM umbrella.
Yeah,they mostly rely on FM-90 and manpads.

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 13-41-17 List of equipment of the Bangladesh Army - Wikipedia.png

Bangladeshi Air Force

Screenshot 2024-06-16 at 13-41-29 Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia.png

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

You cannot use these weapons to target BA in the dense forest and hills of Myanmar.

BA will have free reign to engage and destroy the rag-tag Barman "Army" in Arakhan.

Like I say BD needs better SAM umbrella and they should buy a MRSAM system as soon as possible. It won't cost much and really blunt the MAF in any conflict.

Turkish sources say BD has already started talks with Turkey for purchasing the medium range Hisar-O system. Hopefully the deal is concluded soon and some batteries are deployed to protect strategic sites in BD.

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You cannot use these weapons to target BA in the dense forest and hills of Myanmar.
Myanmar doesn't seem to share hilly border with BD. Green= plains.
Dwarf forests don't affect Glide bombs with GPS and INS.
1718535875956.png

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Turkish sources say BD has already started talks with Turkey for purchasing the medium range Hisar-O system. Hopefully the deal is concluded soon and some batteries are deployed to protect strategic sites in BD.

Even Hisar-O has 35km range. Glidebombs still outrange that. Its not qualified to be MRSAM tbh.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Myanmar doesn't seem to share hilly border with BD. Green= plains.
Dwarf forests don't affect Glide bombs with GPS and INS.
View attachment 48699

I think you think they are useful against mobile targets such as an invading army.

They are not and as we can see Russia uses them against fixed targets in Ukraine. They cannot be used to take out small mobile troop concentrations and armoured vehicles, especially in covered areas.

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I believe that,but still 100,000,000+ people in such a small country? :S

Well, yes. You could attribute that to early extreme poverty 50/40 years ago when birth rate was around 6 per women. Now it is around 2. Another reason is how fertile the land is. Probably most fertile land on earth.

Raiden

Feb 26, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
IIRC, BD F-7 is now equipped with Turkish glide bomb as well. So we're talking about both sides exchanging glide bombs towards each other.

Personally can't count much on Bangladesh's air force to sortie far into Myanmar, but those MiG-29s and F-7 would be useful for homeland defense in co-op with their land and sea based air defense missile.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Even Hisar-O has 35km range. Glidebombs still outrange that. Its not qualified to be MRSAM tbh.

Fair enough but it is a step-up from what BD has now and will mean that MAF aircraft do not have free reign to overfly BD.

Again you seem obsessed with Glidebombs that are used to target fixed installations and not a mobile army in the field!

Cryptonian

Dec 31, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think you think they are useful against mobile targets such as an invading army.

They are not and as we can see Russia uses them against fixed targets in Ukraine. They cannot be used to take out small mobile troop concentrations and armoured vehicles, especially in covered areas.
Fair enough but it is a step-up from what BD has now and will mean that MAF aircraft do not have free reign to overfly BD.

Again you seem obsessed with Glidebombs that are used to target fixed installations and not a mobile army in the field!

So you mean to say BD won't defend its strategic assets like powerstations or ammunition depots or fixed military installations??

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That's what I came to write too,that a war between Myanmar and Bangladesh would be very interesting from a defence and military point of view. A humanitarian disaster of course,but from a military point of view,it would be very interesting. Also,let's not forget the huge manpower Bangladesh has. If one country in the world needs Lebensraum,that's Bangladesh :p Look how small that country is for 100,000,000 people! There's no space left!

Realistically, Myanmar has no appetite for war with BD. Military already lost control over half of their own territory. Their soldier fled into BD in hundreds. On the other hand, BD will never be the aggressor.

UKBengali

Elite Member
May 29, 2011
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So you mean to say BD won't defend its strategic assets like powerstations or ammunition depots or fixed military installations??

Not saying that at all.

But my point is that the FM-90 SAM and manpads are enough to provide the required protection for BA to invade Arakhan and defeat the Barmans there.

The rag-tag Barman "Army" will be annihilated by BD's professional infantry forces.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Realistically, Myanmar has no appetite for war with BD. Military already lost control over half of their own territory. Their soldier fled into BD in hundreds. On the other hand, BD will never be the aggressor.
I know,we're just talking completely hypothetically. I don't think BD wants to go to war either. And like you said the Myanmaris have other problems. Unless the junta wants to start a war to try and stay in power somehow.

Raiden

Feb 26, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I'm not saying that at all.

But my point is that the FM-90 SAM and manpads are enough to provide the required protection for BA to invade Arakhan and defeat the Barmans there.

The rag-tag Barman "Army" will be annihilated by BD's professional infantry forces.
Mate, air defense are no replacement for air power. Air defense as the name imply meant that your on the defense. When you are on the defense, that imply that initiative will be on the attackers, while you're compelled to wait for the attack which could come anytime without warning.

The biggest downside for Bangladesh has always been it's understrength air force. If Dhaka could secure just one squadron worth of truly modern 4th gen jet, then the equation will tilt once more to Bangladesh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts