Need help finding more data on J-6III.

Flanker1985

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Hi guys. I represent a modding group for the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS). We are currently looking for any information on J-6III.
J-6III is not a mere copy of a MiG-19 variant. It has a redesigned wing. The wing span was shortened, the wing root length increased and the wing swept angle changed. All those led to a change in flight characters and increased performance. It also has a redesigned air intake and a longer fuselage. It also has an improved WP-6A and is the first Chinese jet capable of supercruise.
So suffice it to say, the J-6III is a new design of its own right and the first Chinese-designed jet in the frontline service. If you have any information on this jet that can help us develop a new mod for DCS, please share it with us. Once we complete the mod, we can randomly pick at least one lucky helper and award him/her with $200 (depending on how much funding we have in the future, we may have more money or pick more than one person. But the minimum will be $200 for one).
We are looking for cockpit pictures/diagrams, the pilot's manual and any performance data. J-6III has been retired for over 15 years, I highly doubt that we can get into any trouble with the officials. Once you obtain them, please post them in this thread. Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Note, if you have information on J-7IIM, J-7D, J-7G, J-8E and HQ-61 or any other oldies, feel free to share them too. We may get to mod them too. But currently, J-6III is our top priority.

Note 2: I once heard that the J-6 exported to Pakistan had an omni-aspect radar warning receiver, if that is the case, please give us some photos. Thanks again.

Source:
No source
Hi,

You may definitely find a lot of media on the direct J-6/F-6 with the PAF here along with the J-7G or rather F-7PG variant here.
I’m sure @ghazi52 can provide you will most of the pictures you may need.

@Deino may be a gold source for info on the specific variant you are after.

Hi,

You may definitely find a lot of media on the direct J-6/F-6 with the PAF here along with the J-7G or rather F-7PG variant here.
I’m sure @ghazi52 can provide you will most of the pictures you may need.

@Deino may be a gold source for info on the specific variant you are after.
Hi, Oscar, thanks for the reply.
I don't know those 2 gentlemen you mentioned. Can you ask them to post here, please? Thanks.

Within the same section there is also a F-7 section

Hi guys. I represent a modding group for the Digital Combat Simulator (DCS). We are currently looking for any information on J-6III.
J-6III is not a mere copy of a MiG-19 variant. It has a redesigned wing. The wing span was shortened, the wing root length increased and the wing swept angle changed. All those led to a change in flight characters and increased performance. It also has a redesigned air intake and a longer fuselage. It also has an improved WP-6A and is the first Chinese jet capable of supercruise.
So suffice it to say, the J-6III is a new design of its own right and the first Chinese-designed jet in the frontline service. If you have any information on this jet that can help us develop a new mod for DCS, please share it with us. Once we complete the mod, we can randomly pick at least one lucky helper and award him/her with $200 (depending on how much funding we have in the future, we may have more money or pick more than one person. But the minimum will be $200 for one).
We are looking for cockpit pictures/diagrams, the pilot's manual and any performance data. J-6III has been retired for over 15 years, I highly doubt that we can get into any trouble with the officials. Once you obtain them, please post them in this thread. Thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Note, if you have information on J-7IIM, J-7D, J-7G, J-8E and HQ-61 or any other oldies, feel free to share them too. We may get to mod them too. But currently, J-6III is our top priority.

Note 2: I once heard that the J-6 exported to Pakistan had an omni-aspect radar warning receiver, if that is the case, please give us some photos. Thanks again.

I see your tag is a Chinese living in Australia. If this is true, you can easily find a lot of relevant information on Chinese media, which is very complete.

In China, a large number of decommissioned fighter aircraft are exhibited in museums, parks, schools and other places. If needed, you can ask Chinese friends to go and take actual photos or measure data. They are not confidential information at all.

----------
There is one parked at the gate of the middle school next to my house, which is publicly displayed. However, it is a Q5 fighter aircraft.
1_20151214091220_bqhfv.jpg

I see your tag is a Chinese living in Australia. If this is true, you can easily find a lot of relevant information on Chinese media, which is very complete.

In China, a large number of decommissioned fighter aircraft are exhibited in museums, parks, schools and other places. If needed, you can ask Chinese friends to go and take actual photos or measure data. They are not confidential information at all.

----------
There is one parked at the gate of the middle school next to my house, which is publicly displayed. However, it is a Q5 fighter aircraft.
View attachment 60326
Yes, you can go there and take photos. But I need the jet's flight performance data. Right now, I don't even know what its cockpit looks like.

Yes, you can go there and take photos. But I need the jet's flight performance data. Right now, I don't even know what its cockpit looks like.
This thing has now filled the aprons of multiple military airports in China.

If you have channels in China, it's not a problem to buy one and study it slowly, it's very cheap. Some private enterprises in China specialize in purchasing this to dismantle parts and repurpose them for other purposes. For example, a snow removal machine made with its engine

acnn1nlw.png

This thing has now filled the aprons of multiple military airports in China.

If you have channels in China, it's not a problem to buy one and study it slowly, it's very cheap. Some private enterprises in China specialize in purchasing this to dismantle parts and repurpose them for other purposes. For example, a snow removal machine made with its engine

View attachment 60337
Wow! Where is this? How cheap are we talking about? Do you have the connection to collect one?

Wow! Where is this? How cheap are we talking about? Do you have the connection to collect one?
中国对退役军用物资有非常严格的管控,尤其是中央禁止军队经商以后,通常都是直接拆解销毁、改装为标靶、翻新后转给武警单位、赠送给国防教育用途等等。
但也有部分装备流入民间。
通常,你首先要有足够的人脉,能联系到掌管这些物资的军方管理人员。
然后,你提交申请,需要清晰表明你购买的目的和用途,军方会对你进行非常严格的背景审查。
当军方同意后,会根据你的申请决定是否收取费用?收取多少费用?---------如果华为公司向军方申请购买一些退役战斗机放在总部广场上做展示,军方肯定会免费赠送。
在交易达成后,你自己联系物流公司将这些物资运送到你的地方,之后,军方会严格监控,确保你将这些家伙用于你申请的用途,而不是被你送去它们不该去的地方。
至于价格,军队不在乎,只是象征意义上的。他们更关心这些家伙的目的地和用途。

这些规定和流程,不是一般人能办到的,解放军通常不出售这些东西。但确实有一些民营的无人机公司成功购买到一些J6/J7,他们用来研究和改装。

但也有部分装备流入民间。
当军方同意后,会根据你的申请决定是否收取费用?收取多少费用?---------如果华为公司向军方申请购买一些退役战斗机放在总部广场上做展示,军方肯定会免费赠送。

原来如此。那么这对我就没有意义了。即使他们给我,我拿着也没有用。我不可能通过一架退伍的飞机去反向推测其性能。就不知他们愿不愿意把歼6III的数据参数和驾驶员手册给我们了。这个飞机已经退役二十多年了,应该没啥泄密问题吧。DCS里面现在的米格19现在就是个垃圾,座舱涂装还做得稀烂,和快要发布的米格17比起来看着很卡通,一点儿不真实。真希望沈飞或是空军允许把歼6III的资料分享给我们,让我们能够在模拟飞行里体验我们国家自己的飞机。

但也有部分装备流入民间。

@Flanker1985 gentlemen please use English on the public forum or connect through DM or privately to discuss in a different language.

Thank you for understanding

PAF never operated this J-6III

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back