‘Nepal's hydropower can benefit Bangladesh, entire region’

That is somewhat true in terms of Assam and parts of W Bengal with high Muslim population but most BD'shis accept the past is the past. It is time to deal with current realities now.

I really urge you to listen when BD political leaders like BNP and even Jamaat speak about BD-India relations. They all say that BD and India should have friendly relations and both should respect each other.

We have a noisy minority in BD that likes to blame India for everything that goes wrong in BD but they do not represent the majority. Yes the majority may think that India can sometimes be over-bearing but that is to be expected as India is by far the largest country in the region.

Nothing is helped by listening to the fringe who just like to find external enemies when most of your problems are due to your own doing. Focus on the many common interests that both BD and India have.
Pakistanis also celebrated the rise of Taliban in Afghanistan, but now they are accusing the same Taliban of targeting Pakistani citizens under India's influence. Terrorist attacks in Pakistan have significantly increased since Taliban came to power in Afghanistan. They fail to realize that the nature of relations between India and Afghanistan will not change, regardless of who comes to power in either country. same is true for India-Bangladesh relations.

I would hugely prefer that you do the selection of interlocutors. Once that is out of the way, and you have settled how to ask, and what to ask, and whom to ask, I will start the private chapter.
This promises to be very interesting.
Would you like to include some Indians who represent a strongly opposed point of view as well? There are two, with whose views I deeply disagree, whom I can suggest, so as to balance the statement of Indian points of view.
I'd opine our conversation should be open for public, we need not pay attention to offtopic or derailing posts

The nature of a private conversation defeats the purpose of this forum

I'd opine our conversation should be open for public, we need not pay attention to offtopic or derailing posts

Good point. Let's start with an open thread, but I would like to police it strictly. An open thread with barriers to mischief-makers. I'll start it in a few minutes, busy cooking.

You're more than welcome to join us in the discussion! Other interested friends are also welcome to join!
We've already spoken in another thread. After making some tweaks @Joe Shearer, we can continue the discussion openly.

But I hope everyone can discuss it rationally. Under the influence of today's China-India relations, only by remaining calm and rational can we truly bring into play the significance of the discussion.

You're more than welcome to join us in the discussion! Other interested friends are also welcome to join!
We've already spoken in another thread. After making some tweaks @Joe Shearer, we can continue the discussion openly.

But I hope everyone can discuss it rationally. Under the influence of today's China-India relations, only by remaining calm and rational can we truly bring into play the significance of the discussion.
That really shouldn't be a problem. Let's see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back