New York poised for first South Asian - origin and Muslim mayor as Cuomo concedes to Mamdani

What I enjoyed the most was the "Turn the volume up!" part in Mamdani's victory speech. :D
he should've stopped talking few second earlier. why poke the monster's ego?
deliver 2 or 3 election promises like affordabiltiy etc and survive all the impeachement and smear atempts..
 
Hence DEI policies.

I give you credit for acknowledging racism though - often times in my conversations with Republicans/conservatives there is pushback on this point - their arguments essentially saying that racism no longer exists in America.

In my view though, the bigger problem is class warfare. Racism, bigotry and other culture war issues etc are merely tools to control sections of the masses so that there is no unified cross-demographic movement against the Elite, corporations and oligarchs.
It may comes as a shock to you but 40% of my engineering team is (was, I'm retired now) black. And those guys are smart. Very smart and good at what they do.

We had an issue on the project in MCI. One of the vendors was made up of good ol' boys. You know, the "Deliverance" type you find scattered throughout Missouri. They weren't too keen on taking directions from the one I assigned the project to. I had a little chat with the rep from that vendor and made it clear there would be no more pushback else we'd be looking for a new partner for the project.

Issue went away.
 
There is a huge divide in America and it is only increasing and it is along the lines of ethnicity and movement of $$. And even if this is not the 1850s, it maybe 1830s or 1840s; things take time. Something will have to give. And when that gives, no amount of policing will be able to stop that when considerable numbers created a narrative of 'defunding the police'. But, again, I hope I am wrong. I really do. But I see the very social fabric in America falling apart rapidly. Some WASPs in my circle blame Obama for that. Some blame Trump. But none of them can't stand to have a civil discourse with each other anymore; even minor socio-political topics in my house parties beside a firepit are now a total taboo. It seems like some kind of Psychosis everywhere and I saw that not because I am particularly bad in my socio-economic situation--on the contrary--but I have noticed a lot has changed since the Pandemic started in 2020. A lot has changed. A topic worth several PhDs on its own.
I am not disagreeing with the division in US society, Its hard to miss when you are among group of lower middle class Americans, every time I am with my group of co-workers they often times ended up arguing over politics and everyone is as passionate about what they believe in, But will that passion and rage transformed into a full blown violence that is something I find it hard to believe, Americans have it better than most of the world, why would anyone wants to destroy their own society? I mean despite its ills and issues America is doing good and Americans are living a better comfortable lives, with access to jobs, good administrations, rule or law, law and order etc once the civil war is trigger nobody knows where will it stop, also You may disagree with but I think US is control by people who's interests is to keep US powerful and alive until its their time to shine, US is merely a vessel state, a stepping state for until the chosen ones have enough power to stand up to their own and declare themselves to be only Super power, US collapse will impact the world and it will devastate it, from global economy to global security.
Like I always say to those who often talk about how their lives are so difficult because govt is not allowing drag shows in schools or kids transitions at young age, or those right wing nut jobs who prep for end of the world by hoarding guns and ammo and MRE, you have a good thing going on here, keep it that way many Americans have no idea what it is like to be in a civil war or in some national crisis, they just like play civil war like its some video game like COD.
 
That would depend on two things.

1.) Whether or not the Democratic establishment embraces the changes
2.) Individual states' performance may not be the same as New York City

I wouldn't pin the change back of young men and Latino back, but they did win it back for this time, whether or not they can hold them until 2026 or to a lesser extent in 2028 seriously depends on how Trump performs vs how the Candidate that did the swing back perform (Spanberger and Sherill) if after winning these latino and men voter and it came to shit in 2026 or 2028, this might change back, this changes is no permanent like pre-2020 Dem. simply because Democrats had been taking advantage of these group for so long they don't trust the Democrats' brand.

On the other hand, I will definitely say what Mandani is doing is the right way to lead people into politics, Dem need new voter vote for them, and what they were doing in 2024 is not going to bring new voter in by a way what Mandani did, so the Dem establishment need to embrace this new way of campaigning and new message, so far, I still see Establishment like Schumer and Jefferies not embracing it, in fact I was watching TV yesterday where the host blast Schumer in an interview that he said he voted but he didn't say he support Mandani, a Democrats nominee.

Now on to GOP, they got smack in the face and they pretend everything is still okay, probably wise for the Dem to not say anything and just let the GOP hang themselves with it, but GOP is going down the road the dem did in 2024, I don't have any policy other than what I did, but you can't vote for the Dem because they are radical even if my policy didn't work out. You can literally see it from the NYC race when Trump endorsed Cuomo and not Silwa. I mean what the heck, that's the same thing the Dem did in 2024 by cosying up with Liberal friendly conservatives, which had been proven not working; in fact, it repels their base voter, since you had been demonizing the dem for so long, and now suddenly this Dem (Cuomo) is a good guy? I would be pissed if I am Silwa.

2026 looks like a blue wave is brewing in any factor and indicator available, and the GOP needs to work their arse off to get back on people's good side; they can't win if both latino and young men are abandoning them. And Trump is not going to help them when his name is not on the ballot. And if anything Trump touches turns to shit, then there is no way they can win the 2026 mid-term.
Great analysis; nothing can be taken for granted and voter turnout is key, especially new voters, especially amongst Gen. Z and Millennials, who vote less than their elders.

Btw, the dem party chair has said campaigning will now be coordinated in a national unified command post and go all year and to all parts of the country. IMHO, that sounds like obama’s 50 state strategy but on steroids. Per your analysis, it’s the frame but unless they have a message to hoist on that frame it won’t be enough. For this they need to learn from Zohran.

Republicans are now learning that to now focus on sole deliverables on affordability. My suggestion is start talking about bring back 800-1200 square foot “starter homes”. BTW, it sounds like Trump did “Turn The Volume Up”.







Btw, side note, not to you but for the sake of posterity, this is a good record of how Mamdani visibly Muslim younger supporters watching reacted to Zohran’s win; All American and mainstream culture reaction. For those that judge a book by its cover, these are the well assimilated young Americans, living in a multi-ethnic neighborhood but as American as any other.

 
Last edited:
he should've stopped talking few second earlier. why poke the monster's ego?
deliver 2 or 3 election promises like affordabiltiy etc and survive all the impeachement and smear atempts..
Trump didn’t like that comment, but seems to have begrudgingly respected Mamdani’s energy for the sake of New York.

Mamdani is using reverse psychology. If Trump is provoked and cuts off New York’s resources, Mamdani can blame Trump for his inability to get things done. Making it easier for Dems to win back both houses in congress and Gov. Hochul’s to beat Stefanik in next years governor’s race.

Mamdani’s gamble is to get Trump to give New York resources and then some to call Mamdani’s reverse psychology bluff. It will come down to how Mamdani governs and if he fails Trump can use that in the midterms and in 2028 to support his successor.

 
Last edited:
I am not disagreeing with the division in US society, Its hard to miss when you are among group of lower middle class Americans, every time I am with my group of co-workers they often times ended up arguing over politics and everyone is as passionate about what they believe in, But will that passion and rage transformed into a full blown violence that is something I find it hard to believe, Americans have it better than most of the world, why would anyone wants to destroy their own society? I mean despite its ills and issues America is doing good and Americans are living a better comfortable lives, with access to jobs, good administrations, rule or law, law and order etc once the civil war is trigger nobody knows where will it stop, also You may disagree with but I think US is control by people who's interests is to keep US powerful and alive until its their time to shine, US is merely a vessel state, a stepping state for until the chosen ones have enough power to stand up to their own and declare themselves to be only Super power, US collapse will impact the world and it will devastate it, from global economy to global security.
Like I always say to those who often talk about how their lives are so difficult because govt is not allowing drag shows in schools or kids transitions at young age, or those right wing nut jobs who prep for end of the world by hoarding guns and ammo and MRE, you have a good thing going on here, keep it that way many Americans have no idea what it is like to be in a civil war or in some national crisis, they just like play civil war like its some video game like COD.
The divisions exist up and down the societal spectrum.

FWIW, I know a number of people on the left who own firearms. Some may even fit your definition of a hoarder / prepper.
 
Sadeeq Khan in London and now Mandani in New York.. the internet Hindus must be upset for sure. posing as white suprimacists raging over this result
More than likely. Big issues for them being in positions of power, but complete applause for Kash Patel....one of the most mediocre FBI directors ever....
 
View attachment 157959
25 years ago I compared riding the subway in New York City to riding a train in Beirut. Tonight, the city, in great disgrace, elected a muslim socialist to be the next mayor. NEW YORK HAS OFFICIALLY FALLEN.
— John Rocker

I love the meltdown. What an enormous satisfaction.
 
I love the meltdown. What an enormous satisfaction.

Funny thing is, these clowns wouldn't have had similar meltdowns had a zionist prostitute, in service of a parasitic entity got into power.

You know that tall senator, Fetterman:

NYPICHPDPICT000072329236.jpg

His staff actually quit because all he did was work for Israel all day. Spent no time working for the people he was SUPPOSED to serve unless he had to.


But pindrop silence when it comes to that from these fascist cucks
 
Such a Desi mom (who is also a director) thing to say ;) “I’m the producer of the candidate”



On a more serious note, Mamdani connected with people on non-political things during the election; such as the scavenger hunt. A lesson for politicians everywhere, as long as the effort is sincere and not manipulative.

 
Last edited:
Great analysis; nothing can be taken for granted and voter turnout is key, especially new voters, especially amongst Gen. Z and Millennials, who vote less than their elders.

Btw, the dem party chair has said campaigning will now be coordinated in a national unified command post and go all year and to all parts of the country. IMHO, that sounds like obama’s 50 state strategy but on steroids. Per your analysis, it’s the frame but unless they have a message to hoist on that frame it won’t be enough. For this they need to learn from Zohran.

Republicans are now learning that to now focus on sole deliverables on affordability. My suggestion is start talking about bring back 800-1200 square foot “starter homes”. BTW, it sounds like Trump did “Turn The Volume Up”.







Btw, side note, not to you but for the sake of posterity, this is a good record of how Mamdani visibly Muslim younger supporters watching reacted to Zohran’s win; All American and mainstream culture reaction. For those that judge a book by its cover, these are the well assimilated young Americans, living in a multi-ethnic neighborhood but as American as any other.


Yes, that is largely the case here. As I mentioned before, Mandani show the Dem how this can be done basically by beating the GOP and the Dem esatablishment at the same time, this can be done even if people throw million of dollars against you, but whether or not the Dem takes this up from Mandani campaign remain to be seen, we will see it in the next 365 days (364 now) because we would know if the Dem continue on their current strategy and inhabit Mandani and basically sideline him, or they started to embrace his ideology, and by embracing I don't mean they all turn to further left, but instead welcome Mandani as part of the change, they can stay left to the center but they would need to give up some of their "Billionaire Trait" because that is the reason why peope hate the Demcratic party now.

On the other hand, I will add that there is a hidden danger for the GOP, if they now copy what Mandani did and started to go back and focus on affordability, that would mean they had to admit whatever they did so far is not working, and is in the wrong direction, you can't have Trump said one day "Price are down, inflation is gone, we had more tariff revenue than never, etc" and on the other side the Congressional GOP admit houses is not afforable, price are out of control. You can't have that conflict, and as of yesterday, I still see Trump going on Social media saying "Everything is low, we have all the money"...... That's not going to work if you have the head of state saying that and the Congress saying soemthing opposite, now, it depends on who cave first, at this moment it's the congress, because we saw Mike Johnson et el still think everything is A-OK even when they got smack in the face in these 4 (well, 2 essentially) race, and a collection of minor race, including Dem now had supermajority in Virginia, after Nov 4 that will push Virginia further into the Blue, even Mississippi and Georgia had democratic friendly result (Think Mississippi elected its first dem woman as senator and Dem won 2 state worker seats in Georgia). That is a problem, and again, as I said before, I guess we will find out in the next 364 days whether or not GOP backtracks their policy and solely focuses on the economy.
 
The divisions exist up and down the societal spectrum.

FWIW, I know a number of people on the left who own firearms. Some may even fit your definition of a hoarder / prepper.
oh i bet, I know a bunch here in Tampa who are leftists and still owns a gun, their argument is that Republicans and their Govt, so its both sides. But I still don't think America is heading towards a civil war because people have comfortable lives, America and Americans haven't seen any major conflict/war in their homeland, last big incident that happen was 9/11 and that was a terrorists organization not a proper army or invasion, civil war is too much for Americans to give up for plus any chance or instigators will be held by FBI/CIA or homeland as they now monitor everything, we may even not know how many such incidents FBI might have stopped secretly to instigate civil unrest in USA. Also USA has strong institutions which is a good thing for any country, of course this administration trying best to F'd those institutions up and they may even succeed in their mission but that is something that will require 2-3 back to back republican govts with equally crazy leadership like Trump/Ted/JD.
 
Mamdani connected with people on non-political things during the election; such as the scavenger hunt

Mamdani sort of looks like VP J.D. Vance and he doesn't have a name with 'Mohammad' or 'Khan' or 'Bin XYZ' in his name. To the fleeting attention span of Americans, he doesn't look too 'alien' while Ramaswami does.
Everything counts in America--especially the visuals!
 
I am not disagreeing with the division in US society, Its hard to miss when you are among group of lower middle class Americans, every time I am with my group of co-workers they often times ended up arguing over politics and everyone is as passionate about what they believe in, But will that passion and rage transformed into a full blown violence that is something I find it hard to believe, Americans have it better than most of the world, why would anyone wants to destroy their own society? I mean despite its ills and issues America is doing good and Americans are living a better comfortable lives, with access to jobs, good administrations, rule or law, law and order etc once the civil war is trigger nobody knows where will it stop, also You may disagree with but I think US is control by people who's interests is to keep US powerful and alive until its their time to shine, US is merely a vessel state, a stepping state for until the chosen ones have enough power to stand up to their own and declare themselves to be only Super power, US collapse will impact the world and it will devastate it, from global economy to global security.
Like I always say to those who often talk about how their lives are so difficult because govt is not allowing drag shows in schools or kids transitions at young age, or those right wing nut jobs who prep for end of the world by hoarding guns and ammo and MRE, you have a good thing going on here, keep it that way many Americans have no idea what it is like to be in a civil war or in some national crisis, they just like play civil war like its some video game like COD.
Civil war is not in this equation unless some sort of fundamental civil liberty is taken out of the Citizens. Things like 2A to the Conservative and 1A to the Leftist, if you take away those rights, then we will have a civil war on our hands

On the other hand, I would argue we are already in some sort of civil war; we just weren't violent at this point (apart from individual incidents). This war is fought in courts, public opinion, and Political Ideology. We aren't a united nation, that much is for sure; we are divided, anyone will tell you that. At this point, this "war" is being fought privately; you don't hear your neighbor who said he hates you because you are on a different political spectrum, but this already happens at home, where political divide rips families apart. Father is not talking to their children because they believe in one ideology, and he, on the other, has people who hate the other side, even tho we are all American (you can see this even here in this forum) that is what apart means. This wasn't the case 20 or 30 years ago when we solved the issue at hand, even if you believed in a different ideology, today? We would rather get piss off than just try to meet people in the middle. I don't know what you had in your definition of civil war, for mine, it had already begun. I left the US in 2010 when I realized the political landscape is simply for parties to "Win" and ignore the people they were supposed to serve.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top