NRIs moving from the US to India: How much salary to expect

ST1976

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

NRIs moving from the US to India: How much salary to expect​

That story probably made news only because of its star power. The fact that NRIs from the US are moving back to India is no shocking development. NRIs have, in the last few years, been relocating to India in large numbers, in search of better personal and professional lives. And if you are an NRI considering that move, there is one important thing that you must understand very well: the salary you will get in India.
< ..

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Last edited:
Mumbai: If you're wondering why the property rates in Mumbai aren't going down, blame it on Non Residential Indians (NRIs). With the rupee falling against the dollar every day, Indians living abroad have increased their investment in the country and especially in Mumbai, meaning that the expected fall in property rates following the recent dry period in the real estate market has not materialised.

Can't buy a home in Mumbai? Blame the NRIs (ndtv.com)

When statistical adjustments are used to convert the backward digit span results to full-scale IQ scores, Indian Americans place at about 112 on a bell-shaped IQ distribution, with white Americans at 100. 112 is the 79th percentile of the white distribution. For more context, consider that Ashkenazi Jews are a famously intelligent ethnic group, and their mean IQ is somewhere around 110.

There is nothing inevitable about immigration. Who immigrates each year is a policy decision, free to be modified at any time by Congress. Constructing new legislation is always difficult, but I propose a simple starting point for immigration selection: Anyone who can spell guerdon is in!

Jason Richwine is a National Research Initiative fellow at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington.

Indian Americans: The New Model Minority (forbes.com)
Indian Americans: The New Model Minority (forbes.com)

Court Sentences Spy Who Sold Stealth Bomber Secrets to China
Jason Mick (Blog)

A US engineer who sold military secrets to China has been sentenced to 32 years in prison.

Indian-born Noshir Gowadia, 66, had helped to design the propulsion system for the B-2 bomber.

Mr. Gowadia helped designed the stealth and propulsion systems of the B-2 bomber , while at Northrop Grumman. But in 1999 he found a consulting firm and began selling his secrets to foreign nations, including China.
coffee.gif

18425 bombers b2 0004

The Cold War may be over, but the art of spying is far from dead. If the recent case of Anna Chapman -- a Russian vixen turned super-spy -- wasn't reminder enough, we have the case of Noshir Gowadia, a convicted Hawaiian-based spy who sold U.S. Air Force secrets to China.

I. From Top Engineer to Dangerous Spy

This man, now 66 years old, was born in India but immigrated to the U.S., starting a new life as a professional engineer. At his new work he gained access to some our nation's most valuable secrets. The man in fact designed those secrets while working with top military contractor Northrop Grumman.

Mr. Gowadia, billed himself as "father of the technology that protects the B-2 stealth bomber from heat-seeking missiles" . He was among the principle design engineers working on the B-2's propulsion system during his career with Northrop that lasted from 1968 to 1986.
yH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAIBRAA7

US spy for China Noshir Gowadia jailed for 32 years - BBC News

NRIs moving from the US to India: How much salary to expect​

That story probably made news only because of its star power. The fact that NRIs from the US are moving back to India is no shocking development. NRIs have, in the last few years, been relocating to India in large numbers, in search of better personal and professional lives. And if you are an NRI considering that move, there is one important thing that you must understand very well: the salary you will get in India.
< ..

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
Brah! What are you doing! This is 13 year old article! All these are more than a decade old articles!

What happened? Are you all right? Last I remembered you were posting all your personal information (passport copies etc) on the internet and suffering from some kind of mental issue.

if you earn enough to stay here, for most people it will be upgrade from US life

I beg to differ. My 1950s house is more comfortable than this, has better location and has a front yard and a real back yard. Not to mention ocean views.

This is nothing but concrete abomination and even air is pathetic to boot.

I beg to differ. My 1950s house is more comfortable than this, has better location and has a front yard and a real back yard. Not to mention ocean views.

This is nothing but concrete abomination and even air is pathetic to boot.

Tosh.

if you're house is in India, I will give you a pass for sentimentality. But if it's in the US, no. And this is an exceptional property.

The area near North Bangalore has good air quality and is not too far from Harrow school (the UK school has an extension here).

Or maybe you are more of the Total Environment kind of guy

Maybe a duplex penthouse apartment

or maybe a Villa

if you're house is in India, I will give you a pass for sentimentality. But if it's in the US, no. And this is an exceptional property.
No property in India is ever worth buying or even living in. They still sell paint made with lead in India. Asbestos is still a thing in Indian construction. The bloody country gets hotter than hell. There is no central water supply and water is provided by tankers in most of "gated communities". You can not drink tap water and have to buy bloody bottles. There is no concept of bylaws. There is nothing called garbage pickup. Air smells of burning shit all the time. Who knows how much smoke it is carrying.

And no, this property is a simple waste! Such a big waste! You wanna see REAL properties, look here :

This property is up for sale near my house. Its god damn classy! Remember this is a 1980s house!

1727085279214.png

1727085317824.png

1727085348100.png

1727085379677.png

1727085410666.png

The neighbourhood (no gated community needed) :
1727085445626.png

NO property in India is EVER worth buying for the kind of shit you have to deal with it.

No property in India is ever worth buying or even living in. They still sell paint made with lead in India. Asbestos is still a thing in Indian construction. The bloody country gets hotter than hell. There is no central water supply and water is provided by tankers in most of "gated communities". You can not drink tap water and have to buy bloody bottles. There is no concept of bylaws. There is nothing called garbage pickup. Air smells of burning shit all the time. Who knows how much smoke it is carrying.

And no, this property is a simple waste! Such a big waste! You wanna see REAL properties, look here :

This property is up for sale near my house. Its god damn classy! Remember this is a 1980s house!

View attachment 66520

View attachment 66521

View attachment 66522

View attachment 66523

View attachment 66524

The neighbourhood (no gated community needed) :
View attachment 66525

NO property in India is EVER worth buying for the kind of shit you have to deal with it.

Oh my god I feel like getting a tetanus shot after looking at these pictures.

Modern constructions don't use Asbestos and several of them are word class (like TE)

I guess people have to live somewhere so this house is probably right for you.

I hope good things happen to you in life.

Modern constructions don't use Asbestos and several of them are word class (like TE)
False!

US has dealt final blow to asbestos. But this carcinogen is still widely used in India​

India accounted for nearly half of global asbestos imports in 2021. While India banned asbestos mining in 1993, there is no law to restrict its use in construction, import or trade.

Lead in paints in India

Over 90% of 51 paints used to paint houses, which are available in the Indian market, analysed by two research and advocacy groups contain lead concentrations above the Central government’s permissible limit of 90 parts per million (ppm). Also, 76.4% of these paints contained lead more than 111 times the permissible limit, according to the analysis.

----

No one tests for lead and asbestos in India so all the "beautiful" houses you have shown are very likely to be choke full of that.

Enjoy living in your cancer homes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back