"NVIDIA" overtakes Apple and Microsoft to become the most valuable company in the world

You got Gen AI wrong dude! That’s not how it works.

In essence, Gen AI has the ability to extrapolate and deduce things. More data you give it - the more it can infer.

Previous versions of AI could only follow a programmable path. Call centre stupid chatbots are a classic example.

My company is doing some clever stuff with Gen AI.

As for coding - it has a habit of over engineering. I use it mainly to get an idea of how a particular SDK works. Especially, if I am new to it.

Think of Gen AI like a highly intelligent autistic child 😂

Nah I think you are confusing with General AI.

Yes there is a bit more to it than statistical predictions but I have chatted enough with these models over the last nearly 2 years to have a good understanding what it really fundamentally is.

This is from the horses mouth:

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 10.43.38.png

If you visit those large modern garment factories in China, you will find that there are not many workers left. A large number of automated machines and equipment have replaced them, with only a handful of highly educated people monitoring and maintaining these machines. These factories also produce far more garments per day than the old factory models of the past.

Are you talking about producing fabric or stitching clothes?

Machines are only efficient when mass producing roughly the same items.

There are literally millions of different designs and sizes of clothing.

It’s just not economical to use robotic arms to stitch clothing.

Nah I think you are confusing with General AI.

Yes there is a bit more to it than statistical predictions but I have chatted enough with these models over the last nearly 2 years to have a good understanding what it really fundamentally is.

This is from the horses mouth:

View attachment 64051

That’s chat GPT giving you an autistic answer lol

Are you talking about producing fabric or stitching clothes?
Machines are only efficient when mass producing roughly the same items.
There are literally millions of different designs and sizes of clothing.
It’s just not economical to use robotic arms to stitch clothing.
It does fit your ideal state.
They can produce different products on the same line, not just the exact same product. And, a final product rather than a semi-finished product.

86e315da181b46748bebca5b78062b67.gif

I don't know if you can open this GIF.I was unable to transmit the video due to internet platform issues. You can try to find some videos on Youtube with a full description.

They are also continuing to improve and promote these smart production lines. In the future, these smart production lines will be even more advanced.

It does fit your ideal state.
They can produce different products on the same line, not just the exact same product. And, a final product rather than a semi-finished product.

86e315da181b46748bebca5b78062b67.gif

I don't know if you can open this GIF.I was unable to transmit the video due to internet platform issues. You can try to find some videos on Youtube with a full description.

They are also continuing to improve and promote these smart production lines. In the future, these smart production lines will be even more advanced.

I will Google this. I will be shocked if a single production line can produce thousands of lines that a single shop sells.

I will Google this. I will be shocked if a single production line can produce thousands of lines that a single shop sells.
It can produce different products. But usually a factory will have many production lines. It is more reasonable to produce one product (with different specifications) in one production line, both in terms of productivity and material management. Because different products require different equipment to handle. During the equipment switching period, it will seriously affect the production efficiency.
However, when we need to produce other products, it will be adjusted in a very short event.

AI programming assistants are actually over-rated as they cannot even fully write anything but the most basic code samples.

You are talking about tech that is in its infancy. You may as well say the clunky cars of the year 1900 prove autos have no future.

We are seeing AI at its absolute worst..not anywhere near its best.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back