Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaa’n

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Official Announcement:
Past few weeks have been quite challenging and stressful for the forum management and moderation team. All a lot of rumors, gossips are roaming around different circles, spewing venom and hate against institutions of Pakistan. We hope that this official announcement will put those rumors to rest.
A month ago, an Anti-Pakistan content was posted on Defence.pk, making false accusations on the instructions of foreign elements. The content was deleted and the user was banned, but not without a delay. Forum links were spread on social media and the story ultimately caught the eye of mainstream media. Carrying on its legacy, Pakistan Defence Forum cooperated with the authorities conducting the investigation and The issue has been resolved peacefully for the forum administration.
This event brought undue stress on the Forum Management and Moderation team, thus after careful consideration and heavy heart, it was decided to close the original forum - Defence.pk and part ways with it.
The Defence.pk as we once knew is gone, it is no longer with the previous team, thus members are urged not to continue with the site anymore, this includes social media platforms.

What's for the future:
We can't beat around the bush again and again. It has been made loud and clear to everyone that we do not support the suppression of speech but there is zero tolerance for hate against Pakistan or its institutions. There must be an understanding on what is criticism and what is hate or insults. You are responsible for what you post or share on this forum.

With this, we hope Pakistan Defence Forum will continue its legacy of being the most authoritative platform on Pakistan Defence Forces and stands for it.
Pakistan Zindabad.
Regards

P.S : this is not a Q&A thread. we have shared what we could

So this forum will continue?

Its not difficult to make out if its Waz man.

He will start talking about his younger thug days beating up goras and Indians alike.

Then how everyone loves everyone from all Muslim countries in the local mosques.

Then dogs. And boxing. And MMA.

And to confirm, double check, talk about Kashmir and Article 370 and wait for a mass ban (running for cover). 😘

Cheers, Doc

The Defence.pk as we once knew is gone, it is no longer with the previous team, thus members are urged not to continue with the site anymore, this includes social media platforms.
What does this mean? The old forum will continue under a different owner?

What does this mean? The old forum will continue under a different owner?
People keep asking the same question so let me clarify something. This is our last contact with the WebMaster of that site

webmaster - Copy.png

After this message, we decided to launch a new website to safeguard the community/forum. I apologize for blacking-out the text, as Amaa'n pointed out we've shared sufficient information, and the issue is now resolved

We're excited to see the vibrant discussions and contributions within our community! As we engage in dialogue about our defense forces, let's ensure our conversations uphold a positive and respectful tone, adhering to the forum rules. The active moderation by our dedicated moderators plays a crucial role in maintaining the integrity of our discussions.

Let's focus on constructive exchanges that contribute to the richness of our community. Additionally, we appreciate your understanding in not inquiring about past circumstances. Instead, let's move forward with a positive outlook, and extend our well wishes to the previous admins for their contributions.

Old site is still up. Is it going to a death match between Old site vs new site?

Last edited:
This is quite the transition , Full of Drama and Adventure
I initially thought the old site was being fully turned off for some odd reason , not fully clear

However at end of the day , it is the "People" who make the community and it is important that Free Speech must be protected
I don't mind the new site but my Advice is that site should be backed up properly so in future we don't have to recreate articles.

I will admit the old website had tremendous amount of wonderful articles covering all topics

I think real heart of the Community and website are the people who really take the time to write the articles about various defense topics and current events

Last edited:
People keep asking the same question so let me clarify something. This is our last contact with the WebMaster of that site

View attachment 382

After this message, we decided to launch a new website to safeguard the community/forum. I apologize for blacking-out the text, as Amaa'n pointed out we've shared sufficient information, and the issue is now resolved

I pray and I hope he himself and his family are all safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back