PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

FOOLS_NIGHTMARE

Elite Member
Sep 25, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
A PAF J-10C 4.5+ generation omnirole fighter jet taking off from an airbase in the Northern Air Command AOR, attached to the 33rd Tactical Wing’s No. 15 ‘Cobras’ squadron.
1718044914872.png

MH.Yang

Dec 24, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Whatever delays or issues you foresee with Indian reliance on American engine, Pakistan will have similar issues (if not same) with importing entire planes from other countries. Add to that the financial issues Pakistan is facing, and LCA ip rights are entirely ours, I would say India is more comfortably placed vis a vis j10 and jf17 (not talking about capabilities, just forthcoming production and induction plans).

China has never had a precedent of delaying delivery of equipment to Pakistan. At the time of Pakistan's crisis (1971), China even transferred directly to Pakistan weapons that had already been supplied to the active forces.

As for the United States, it has too many precedents.

studsmart

Mar 19, 2006
PAF J-10CP with "First See - First Shoot Capability" negated any advantage with Rafale inductions across the border.Next 2 - 3 years formal J-31 induction would be matchless in the region.
View attachment 48360
While i like to believe this and make me feel good but Pl15E is just not superior to Meteor or AIM-120D or AIM-260. infect its max range is smaller than either of those missiles unless PAF gets PL15 [without the E]

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Benjamin Davidson

The Chengdu J-10 is a multirole fighter aircraft developed by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group in China. The cockpit of the J-10 features a highly advanced and ergonomic design, with several key components that enhance the pilot's situational awareness and control over the aircraft.

These components include a digital glass cockpit, multi-function display, head-up display, control stick, throttle and rudder pedals, flight control computer, autopilot system, and sensor integration. These features allow for a seamless flying experience and provide pilots with a range of tools and capabilities to help them fly the aircraft effectively and efficiently.

May be an image of aircraft and text

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
While i like to believe this and make me feel good but Pl15E is just not superior to Meteor or AIM-120D or AIM-260. infect its max range is smaller than either of those missiles unless PAF gets PL15 [without the E]
Never know until its tested in combat.. as to both what it can do and what the PAF has sitting in its storage.

Hopefully that never happens

studsmart

Mar 19, 2006
Never know until its tested in combat.. as to both what it can do and what the PAF has sitting in its storage.

Hopefully that never happens
Yes hope it never happens but I still think paf should ask for pl15 without e and show it off as deference . Might as well go for even longer range options if available. By the way do we know what is nez of pl15,?

Awwad

Jan 17, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Yes hope it never happens but I still think paf should ask for pl15 without e and show it off as deference . Might as well go for even longer range options if available. By the way do we know what is nez of pl15,?

In most cases, these missiles (PL15e, meteor, etc) won't be used at their max ranges. Closer you shoot from, more fuel the missile has to chase the hostile aircraft through its evasive maneuvers.

I think NEZ of PL15/e is unknown/confidential. Secondly, the NEZ doesn't mean literally NEZ. Its just high kill probability zone.

Lastly, I don't see any immediate requirement for longer range AAMs for PAF. Plus the geography of two countries and immediate proximity puts us in a situation that further ranged AAMs may not give any significant tactical advantage. Because many of forward airbases of both countries are within 200 km of each other, so as soon as aircrafts takes off and are at ideal altitude they already would be in max-range of their weapons. Unless we change our tactics and physical infrastructure along with it and start making airbases towards west ( in Baluchistan & KP). Which is not the case, most of the bases are still towards east. However, with advancements and longer range weapons available, more major bases should be built at western side. Friendly Borders with Afg / Iran are essential for that to happen.

pairbases.jpg

studsmart

Mar 19, 2006
If that is the case then aim 120c5 and sd10a of PAF should still pose a significant threat to Indian Rafael is this a fair assessment?

Awwad

Jan 17, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If that is the case then aim 120c5 and sd10a of PAF should still pose a significant threat to Indian Rafael is this a fair assessment?

Hell yes, AMRAAMs c5 still pose a serious threat. SD-10a is also still important. Also, the top dogs (J-10Cs & Rafales) can't be everywhere and all the time. In addition to attrition, the fighter jet has to land to re-arm. Leaving the most of the arena to other aircrafts of both airforces F-16s, JF-17s, SU-30s. Mirage2Ks. LCAs, Mig-29s.

Even though first engagement will be done at BVR, but there still will be many scenarios where two fighter jets end up in dog fight situation. There is a reason the aircrafts still carry WVR missiles. Air war at extreme ranges only cannot happen. It will happen at all ranges.

Users who are viewing this thread