• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

PAF SAM based Air Defense System - News, Discussion & Updates

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Apart from the new nature of the system - the Turks wanted to charge an arm and a leg( depending upon which side has your sympathies) for the SIPER and it petered out within Pakistan.

Interesting, I didn't know it was considered.

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think SIPER will likely appeal to the PN more than the PAF or PA.

The PN does not need as many launch systems or missiles compared to the PA and PAF, and the SIPER may be better fit for the space constraints onboard surface warships.

That said, I wouldn't discount the possibility of the PN getting a competing Western long-range SAM.

For example, the MBDA CAMM-series is evolving via the CAMM-MR (i.e., 100+ km range). Yes, it would need to work through MBDA UK rather than MBDA Italy, but the UK is overtly engaging the PN (e.g., marketing RR engines for future PN ships, Hensoldt sensor sales, etc).

What do you think is the possibility of Hisar series and Siper induction by Pakistan army and PAF? How would both systems compare to the Chinese systems currently deployed by Pakistan?

Quwa

Research Partner
May 15, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What do you think is the possibility of Hisar series and Siper induction by Pakistan army and PAF? How would both systems compare to the Chinese systems currently deployed by Pakistan?
IMO the best scenario would be for NESCOM to engage Tubitak SAGE, Roketsan, and Aselsan for help with the LoMADS and FAAZ programs. That way, some of the Super and Hisar know-how could be leveraged to build good SAMs and AAMs at home.

Users who are viewing this thread