Pakistan and China to conduct joint police and paramilitary drills in border region

Asfandyar Bhittani

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and China have agreed to conduct joint police and paramilitary exercises in the border region, an official statement said on Saturday, while also pledging to boost bilateral cooperation in various security fields.

Pakistan’s Gilgit-Baltistan and China’s Xinjiang share a 600-kilometer-long border that holds strategic significance for both countries, especially in the context of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a flagship project of Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative.

These areas serve as critical trade routes, fostering deeper economic ties between the two nations. However, China remains concerned about the security situation in Xinjiang, where it has been dealing with militancy, and the flow of narcotics in the region.

These issues came up for discussion during a meeting between Pakistan’s Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi and Chinese Minister for Political and Legal Affairs Chen Mingguo in Islamabad.

During the meeting, it was agreed to enhance cooperation in various fields, including counter-terrorism, cross-border cooperation, anti-smuggling, and anti-narcotics efforts,” said a statement circulated by the interior ministry said.

It was also agreed to conduct joint police and paramilitary forces exercises in Gilgit-Baltistan or Xinjiang and train Gilgit-Baltistan police officers at the Xinjiang Police Academy,” it added.

Naqvi emphasized Pakistan wanted to completely eliminate smuggling of drugs, arms and all other goods to China.

The Chinese minister also expressed the desire to enhance relations with Pakistan in all fields, according to the interior ministry’s statement.

He also invited Naqvi to visit Xinjiang.

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan and China have agreed to conduct joint police and paramilitary exercises in the border region, an official statement said on Saturday, while also pledging to boost bilateral cooperation in various security fields.

Pakistan’s Gilgit-Baltistan and China’s Xinjiang share a 600-kilometer-long border that holds strategic significance for both countries, especially in the context of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), a flagship project of Beijing’s Belt and Road Initiative.

These areas serve as critical trade routes, fostering deeper economic ties between the two nations. However, China remains concerned about the security situation in Xinjiang, where it has been dealing with militancy, and the flow of narcotics in the region.

These issues came up for discussion during a meeting between Pakistan’s Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi and Chinese Minister for Political and Legal Affairs Chen Mingguo in Islamabad.

During the meeting, it was agreed to enhance cooperation in various fields, including counter-terrorism, cross-border cooperation, anti-smuggling, and anti-narcotics efforts,” said a statement circulated by the interior ministry said.

It was also agreed to conduct joint police and paramilitary forces exercises in Gilgit-Baltistan or Xinjiang and train Gilgit-Baltistan police officers at the Xinjiang Police Academy,” it added.

Naqvi emphasized Pakistan wanted to completely eliminate smuggling of drugs, arms and all other goods to China.

The Chinese minister also expressed the desire to enhance relations with Pakistan in all fields, according to the interior ministry’s statement.

What ?

Can't they have capabilities to patrol own borders?

Still I can understand about the unprotected countries or investing less on own army but Pakistan is one of the country that spend much money on military

We've heard such claims and statements made a hundred times before yet nothing improves.

What ?

Can't they have capabilities to patrol own borders?

Still I can understand about the unprotected countries or investing less on own army but Pakistan is one of the country that spend much money on military

Looks like your ass is on fire.

Looks like your ass is on fire.
No, you will asked the same question if India will allow USA or Russia, to patrol indian borders to safeguard indians... Because it's means, indian army is not capable enough

I don't think - I said anything wrong

No, you will asked the same question if India will allow USA or Russia, to patrol indian borders to safeguard indians... Because it's means, indian army is not capable enough

I don't think - I said anything wrong
Lol, Russia and US don't border India, the case with Pakistan and China is different, what are you talking about.

Lol, Russia and US don't border India, the case with Pakistan and China is different, what are you talking about.
When any attack happened in china that done by those people?

Don't tell me that china is fear that they will come to china and attack on them.

I would rather say that china does not trust on Pakistani army that they can secure the life of Chinese workers in Pakistan

When any attack happened in china that done by those people?

Don't tell me that china is fear that they will come to china and attack on them.

I would rather say that china does not trust on Pakistani army that they can secure the life of Chinese workers in Pakistan
On the contrary, it's good practice and cooperation for both countries and who know all the details happened in the borders.

Not patrolling the borders but joint police and paramilitary forces training and exercises to enhance the level of skill in their fields of operation similarly pakistan has done many times in the past joint exercises with other countries including RUSSIA also inside and out side the pakistan and this is not an abnormal phenomenon in the world .

Not patrolling the borders but joint police and paramilitary forces training and exercises to enhance the level of skill in their fields of operation similarly pakistan has done many times in the past joint exercises with other countries including RUSSIA also inside and out side the pakistan and this is not an abnormal phenomenon in the world .
I don't ashamed if my understanding was wrong and I did mistake...

If it's just exercise than nothing wrong... I admit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back