Pakistan General Elections 2024

Except it's the Biden administration that initiated this fiasco in the hole place. Complaining to the mob boss (Biden) that his goons (Donald Lu) are causing a ruckus in Pakistan. Very smart...

Check Michael Kugelman's discussions with WSK on this. He pretty much laid bare the Biden admin's view on the situation.

Pakistani-Americans are making a grave mistake by alerting privileged US congressmen. These goons don't give a damn about the Pakistani public - that's why they coup'd IK out of office in the first place ffs....
It’s all about trades in Washington - whoever is speaking for Pakistan right now is going to find ways to trade it for something else later.

Anyways the future of the new govt. will be decided in America.

1) Trump needs to win in November.

2) Pakistani-Americans pile on the pressure on Democrats to stop supporting this nonsense.
Deep state runs US foreign policy and to them IK is a threat to the empire hence a persona non grata. Biden and Trump are just useless figure heads, they get in line when the deep state dictates it.

It’s all about trades in Washington - whoever is speaking for Pakistan right now is going to find ways to trade it for something else later.

Yes but trade at whose expense? I don't think it's even a question of intentions because of how so many (well-intentioned) pakistanis are unfortunately trying to the Biden admin to intervene. That will lead to sanctions and the sanctions won't hurt the 'generals' or what not. They are well beyond the touch of that....

It is almost as if these people completely ignored the cypher details. Completely ignored the articles posted by intercept (not 1, not 2 but 3!!!! 3x articles confirming Biden admin interference that lead to this).

What are these pakistanis in the US thinking?!?

Deep state runs US foreign policy and to them IK is a threat to the empire hence a persona non grata. Biden and Trump are just useless figure heads, they get in line when the deep state dictates it.

Agreed. So what can you realistically do about it?

Yes but trade at whose expense? I don't think it's even a question of intentions because of how so many (well-intentioned) pakistanis are unfortunately trying to the Biden admin to intervene. That will lead to sanctions and the sanctions won't hurt the 'generals' or what not. They are well beyond the touch of that....

It is almost as if these people completely ignored the cypher details. Completely ignored the articles posted by intercept (not 1, not 2 but 3!!!! 3x articles confirming Biden admin interference that lead to this).

Probably not of their skins because most have none in the game.

Honestly a good many Pakistanis (especially those living in the West) need a reality check on the state under which Pakistan's politics operate.

First up after recent events one should seriously ask if democracy is worth it in a country like Pakistan (it isn't...). For democracy to function you need a population that is enough agency to look beyond short term again and accept vsionary/ideological proposals on how a country should be run. No such environment exists - when you think about it as it stands the only ideological party remaining in Pakistan is JI (which also suprisingly has the most robust democratic tradition/intra party elections and the like).

What is the point of practicing democracy in a framework where the majority of the voter base has no ideological leaning?

What is PPP/PMLN's ideology -if any? IK has a big tent prospective that worked for Pakistan (sort-of) but the world powers won't allow an upstart into the arena. That is simply out of our control.

I don't know where these people get the idea that Pakistan will transform into a western democracy at the snap of a finger. They really need to take a good look at the country and look at it through the lens of the poor, downtrodden majority of the country that make up the populace.

I’ve deleted more than 10 posts from Indian members about Indian election on here. This is Pakistan General Elections, don’t derail the thread by posting off topic content here.

Also please refrain from using offensive language like F****/Ch******** etc please.

Last edited:
PTI if it is allowed to come to power would only take power in the center if it has the power to carry out reforms and allow them to play out.

Everyone seeks all the credit and none of the blame. If economic reforms are to actually work they can’t be allowed to be reversed at the first sign of pain or their inevitable slowing down of unproductive parts of the economy.

IK said he wouldn’t take power unless he was allowed to actually have the power to carry out real change.
everyone would have to work together for economic reforms - PPP, PTI, PMLN or else we are screwed
Even if PTI sits in the opposition, they still have to approve economic agenda from the PDM 2.0(provided they come up with a professional FM that is...)
PPP would serve as kingmakers - PDM 2.0 or PTI+PPP
(As I predicated PTI closing in on 100 mark )
Screenshot 2024-02-09 231004.png

Honestly, I am somewhat hopeful no matter who forms the gov, they'll have to agree on a neutral professional FM, if not then at the very least I am hoping that if they are together, they can atleast stop the OTT shenanigans of a political FM that comes with a full-blown majority party
lets see how it goes, I don't think it should be that bad.... 🤞

Last edited:
This elections confirms 2 things for me

IK popularity was no joke, he has backing of more than 2/3 of the population. This is a huge uniting factor.

Those in charge and their burger eating assets have always underestimated the awaam and continue to do so. They are infact delusional to reality which shows they are unfit to serve.

We aren't thinking we are laughing, always entertainment in a banana republic.

MQM-P convener Dr Khalid Maqbool Siddiqui secured a comfortable victory with 103,082 votes, triumphing over PTI-backed Arsalan Khalid, who garnered 86,342 votes.

In another boost for MQM-P, Dr Farooq Sattar further fortified the party's presence in Karachi with 20,048 votes, surpassing PTI-backed Aftab Jahangir's 14,073 votes.
Bro both are altered results .... Aftab Jhangir secured above 120k or 130k votes as per form 45.

MQM LOST AT EVERY SINGLE SEAT IN KARACHI ........ I REPEAT NOT A SINGLE SEAT IS SECURED BY MQM IN KARACHI ACCORDING TO FORM 45.

So a humble request whichever site or account you are using for election results is not reliable and posting altered result therefore please ignore it

Altaf Bhai summarize the election

Except it's the Biden administration that initiated this fiasco in the hole place. Complaining to the mob boss (Biden) that his goons (Donald Lu) are causing a ruckus in Pakistan. Very smart...

Check Michael Kugelman's discussions with WSK on this. He pretty much laid bare the Biden admin's view on the situation.

Pakistani-Americans are making a grave mistake by alerting privileged US congressmen. These goons don't give a damn about the Pakistani public - that's why they coup'd IK out of office in the first place ffs....

They don't give a damn but they do care about votes.

Hence you see members of Parliament in the Western World react.

Biden has this old view of the world where the Muslim World is some backward sh!thole only manageable by corrupt despots.

That view is propagated by militaries like Egypt and Pakistan.

Making noise is better than doing nothing.

It could be ultimately futile but don't understand the logic of it being a grave mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back