Rafale Fighter Jets To Roll Out From Mihan-SEZ In Nagpur 🇮🇳, says Gadkari

UAE'S first Rafale from the order of 80, is planned to be delivered after 5 years of signing(2022), ie. in 2027.

I think there might be some backend collaboration to peoduce somewhat 70 Rafale for India + UAE's Rafales.

In this way we can bring assembly line without ordering 110 aircrafts .

Great news that means something is fixed with France behind the closed doors on 26th Jan when macron was here..... sorry for my poor understanding but does it mean we are going for assembly line to avoid delays in delivery but dassult team will be manufacturing jets here in Nagpur?

France was long reluctant (during the original MRFA competition) to build in India, hence only 36 jets sold to India, because they feared the quality wouldn’t be as good as the made in France / OEM Rafales. They thought it will hurt their reputation should defects or poor build quality arise, and especially if there are excessive crashes. France is betting on India (to try to make a buck), let’s see if their bets pan out or they face palm.

France was long reluctant (during the original MRFA competition) to build in India, hence only 36 jets sold to India, because they feared the quality wouldn’t be as good as the made in France / OEM Rafales. They thought it will hurt their reputation should defects or poor build quality arise, and especially if there are excessive crashes. France is betting on India (to try to make a buck), let’s see if their bets pan out or they face palm.
India's PTC Industries to supply full range of Titanium Cast parts for the Rafales and Falcon business jets
IMG-20240117-WA0001.jpg

Last edited:
UAE'S first Rafale from the order of 80, is planned to be delivered after 5 years of signing(2022), ie. in 2027.

I think there might be some backend collaboration to peoduce somewhat 70 Rafale for India + UAE's Rafales.

In this way we can bring assembly line without ordering 110 aircrafts .

No way UAE will want India assembled planes!!! What ever is "Made In India" will stay in India ... whatever business case India can make to make the project viable will be for India. India may well go big on Rafale, and not repeat the mistake of not setting up a Mirage 2000 assembly line as they did before.

The announcement of the procurement of the J-31 is in my view, a reaction to India going big on Rafale, and PAF wanting to offset the numerical Rafale advantage that India may well look to build up, with Stealth. I think that PAF thinks(or knows), that India will go big on Rafale now.

Last edited:
Overall if this all go well then and on time especially from Indian side we can expect around 176 Rafales ( including Marine version) in few years..... great news.....

I hope to hear further good news on 3 additional scorpeans and really wish somehow we bring back France on their shortfin barracuda submarines instead of going to Germany.....

I think that PAF thinks(or knows), that India will go big on Rafale now.
That's a lot of thinking.

You seem to be an authority in the fields of UAE airforce requirements, quality of made in India products, what must be going on in the minds of Indian policy makers (and PAF officials, too).

Lots of caps for a single person to wear simultaneously. Borderline unbelievable.

My dear sir, if I ever came across sombody truly deserving to be a thicktank analist, it has to you at the foremost.

Let me take liberties to gently admonish you for depriving the august members of this forum from the fullest of your capabilities till now.

That's a lot of thinking.

You seem to be an authority in the fields of UAE airforce requirements, quality of made in India products, what must be going on in the minds of Indian policy makers (and PAF officials, too).

Lots of caps for a single person to wear simultaneously. Borderline unbelievable.

My dear sir, if I ever came across sombody truly deserving to be a thicktank analist, it has to you at the foremost.

Let me take liberties to gently admonish you for depriving the august members of this forum from the fullest of your capabilities till now.

This is a discussion forum - so lets discuss. Is that not the whole point ?? If you have points of contradiction to the viewpoints, write them. Lets discuss.

I think the Rafale procurement and J31 procurements are linked, i have put pen to paper on my thoughts. The J31 announcement was a shock to everyone, and Macron was at the Annual Indian Parade. He would not have made the effort, unless he thinks there is a big payoff in place ... I think the two are linked, if you disagree, then fine. That is what "you think" ...

As for the quality of Indian Products. When the original MMRCA was floated, the IAF wanted HAL assembled Rafales to be "guaranteed" by Dassualt, and Dassault declined. So, neither the IAF has much faith in the quality of Indian assembled aircraft, and neither did Dassault ... The question is, has that pre-condition now been dropped ?!

Last edited:
No way UAE will want India assembled planes!!! What ever is "Made In India" will stay in India ... whatever business case India can make to make the project viable will be for India. India may well go big on Rafale, and not repeat the mistake of not setting up a Mirage 2000 assembly line as they did before.

The announcement of the procurement of the J-31 is in my view, a reaction to India going big on Rafale, and PAF wanting to offset the numerical Rafale advantage that India may well look to build up, with Stealth. I think that PAF thinks(or knows), that India will go big on Rafale now.

You should not worry about "made in India".
India has been supplying plenty of world class aviation components.

Eg 250 fuselage for Apache-64. (All exported) (Ironically Pakistan would've gotten some of these had US approved for it🤣)

Components for For commercial airliners.

Cargo-military plane coming out of production line in 2026.

This is a discussion forum - so lets discuss. Is that not the whole point ?? If you have points of contradiction to the viewpoints, write them. Lets discuss.

I think the Rafale procurement and J31 procurements are linked, i have put pen to paper on my thoughts. The J31 announcement was a shock to everyone, and Macron was at the Annual Indian Parade. He would not have made the effort, unless he thinks there is a big payoff in place ...
I agree with you. On the point of this being a discussion forum.

Invitation to Macron for the republic day parade in India was directed more towards the denial from Biden. There are many news articles including opinions from learned peoples. So, it's unlikely that Macron was as a direct result of J31 deal.

Just to remind you, IAF Rafale deal predates J31 by few years. Indian Navy Rafale procurement deliberations are also going on for some time.

IAF will definitely take steps to counter J31 if it deems it to be a significant challenge to itself. (Hopefully, it'll not repeat mistakes that it has made in past, while doing so.)

But you my friend are reading too much in this.

Last edited:
If anyone doesn't know

Nagpur already has a Facility called Dassault Reliance Aerospace Limited which manufactures airframe and cockpit assemblies of The Falcon Business Jet for the Global market.

Withh 100% FDI now allowed in defence, Dassault is looking acquire the Shares of Reliance in their JV .
Whenever the Rafale is manufactured in India, it will be made in a facility completely controlled by Dassault , however they will have to share certain technologies with India as part of the offset clause.

Once Indian Parliamentary elections get over and Modi gets a third term

You might see a formal announcement of 72+26 Rafale Domestic production contract with Dassault for IAF and Navy With a follow on option clause of 42 aircrafts for IAF and 31 Aircraft for Navy

It all depends on Modi coming to power , since his friendship with Macron will be critical in India getting a good deal

Or France now believe Indian manufactures have upped their game.

You should not worry about "made in India".
India has been supplying plenty of world class aviation components.

Eg 250 fuselage for Apache-64. (All exported) (Ironically Pakistan would've gotten some of these had US approved for it🤣)

Components for For commercial airliners.

Cargo-military plane coming out of production line in 2026.

@FuturePAF tagging along you too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back