Rafale Fighter Jets To Roll Out From Mihan-SEZ In Nagpur 🇮🇳, says Gadkari

@FuturePAF tagging along you too
There was a famous picture of the Tejas, brought to an air show where the build quality looked terrible. Can’t seem to find the pictures but if anyone has them, please share (they use to be on the old pdf). The French were smart to insist Indian contractors/sub-contractors up their game. Time will tell if Indian companies catch up or undue others aerospace products.

Whenever the Rafale is manufactured in India, it will be made in a facility completely controlled by Dassault , however they will have to share certain technologies with India as part of the offset clause.
Dassault doesn’t want local Indian companies sinking their most prized defense product and the basis for future sales of the Rafale and eventually the FCAS.

There was a famous picture of the Tejas, brought to an air show where the build quality looked terrible. Can’t seem to find the pictures but if anyone has them, please share (they use to be on the old pdf). The French were smart to insist Indian contractors/sub-contractors up their game. Time will tell if Indian companies catch up or undue others aerospace products.

What does Boeing news has anything to do with it ? Did Boeing paid to Indian aerospace expert firms. I can read that they did not.

What does Boeing news has anything to do with it ? Did Boeing paid to Indian aerospace expert firms. I can read that they did not.
My point is, Indian defense contractors are found wanting in quality control, hence foreign JV either are avoided or done with heavier oversight.

Boeing didn’t, and the Indian sub-contractor’s software developers wrote crappy code, which undercut the 737’s safety.

My point is, Indian defense contractors are found wanting in quality control, hence foreign JV either are avoided or done with heavier oversight.
Some other systems are already being manufactured by Indian companies under license production from Israel.
20240128_234919.jpg
20240128_234921.jpg

Last edited:

Boeing didn’t, and the Indian sub-contractor’s software developers wrote crappy code, which undercut the 737’s safety.

You point ignores the fact that Boeing went for the cheap unknown contractor instead of tieing with world-class bigwigs like Reliance, Tata , Infosys or Mahindra .

France was long reluctant (during the original MRFA competition) to build in India, hence only 36 jets sold to India, because they feared the quality wouldn’t be as good as the made in France / OEM Rafales. They thought it will hurt their reputation should defects or poor build quality arise, and especially if there are excessive crashes. France is betting on India (to try to make a buck), let’s see if their bets pan out or they face palm.
SMH. Once again trolls are unable to understand how far Indian manufacturing ecosystem has progressed. These kinds of troll comments are being made when Airbus is already making hundreds of critical parts in India and large companies like L&T have built critical components for the world fusion reactor - both wedded into European supply chain. One look at Pune’s industrial clusters and it can be easily seen how many European manufacturers are producing top quality stuff in India for domestic use and exports.

What a bunch of nonsense!

Is there a timeline on this i.e. jets rolled out?
One thing about the French they do deliver to customers. They are the best bet when it comes to India's own engine project.

Overall if this all go well then and on time especially from Indian side we can expect around 176 Rafales ( including Marine version) in few years..... great news.....
So what about TEDBF and other local projects - it seems that there are 2-3 camps constantly at oods with one another and possibly sabotaging each other too.
One wants to build and make everything in India
One wants to do JVs and build existing products in India
One just wants to buy everything off the shelf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back