Relationship between India & China will turn combative, says Indian former foreign secretary

Beijingwalker

Elite Member
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Relationship between India & China will turn combative, says former foreign secretary​

TNN / Sep 11, 2024, 00:12 IST
Chennai: Former foreign secretary Vijay Keshav Gokhale on Tuesday said in the next decade, there would be more wars between India and China, and the relationship would turn combative.

Addressing a gathering at Raj Bhavan, Gokhale said, "In the next 10 years, the situation will become tense. The combat between India and China will not just be on land but will also be on waters as China's presence in the Indian Ocean is becoming visible.

Armed co-existence will become the norm."

Gokhale added, "Grey-zone warfare (a military operation falling short of conventional warfare), like the Galwan clash in 2020, will increase substantially between the two countries." Earlier, governor R N Ravi, in his address, called China a "disease" and India's "enemy".

Gokhale said China was trying to erode India's stature in South Asia. "China is creating an impression among our friendly countries that the ties between India and the USA, Japan, and Australia are nothing but NATO in the making in Asia. Like NATO's intrusion in Europe, which resulted in the Russia-Ukraine war, China is propagating that India's relationship with the Quad countries will result in a war in this region," Gokhale said.

Speaking about China's perception of Indo-American ties, Gokhale said China in the past did not recognise India as a power, but now their perception is changing.
"China considers only two countries, the USA and Russia, as countries on a par with it and did not even consider India as its competitor. But now, according to me, the perception is changing. China thinks that India has tilted towards the U.S. and thinks that no more is India a neutral country. China thinks that India is becoming a threat to them and so there will be a completely different approach towards India," Gokhale said.

The supa powa is asking for conflicts and wars obviously, lol.

Speaking about China's perception of Indo-American ties, Gokhale said China in the past did not recognise India as a power, but now their perception is changing.
"China considers only two countries, the USA and Russia, as countries on a par with it and did not even consider India as its competitor. But now, according to me, the perception is changing. China thinks that India has tilted towards the U.S. and thinks that no more is India a neutral country. China thinks that India is becoming a threat to them and so there will be a completely different approach towards India," Gokhale said.
After Modi, the bilateral relations had passed the point of no return, the public opinions have also changed dramatically.

When US collapses, which I think is bound to happen, China will definitely tear India apart. Given what India had done to China when China was in hard time from 2020 to today, India deserves to be destroyed.

When US collapses, which I think is bound to happen, China will definitely tear India apart. Given what India had done to China when China was in hard time from 2020 to today, India deserves to be destroyed.
Only if China has the balls to act boldly. The historical account need to be settled all the way goes back to last century since 1950s the Korean war, not only 2020s.

Last edited:
Only if China has the balls to act boldly.
I didn't say China will declare war to India. China will use all measures except war to disintegrate India. India has too many states that want to get independent.

Do you really think India is Taiwan or Hongkong? 😄

Taiwan and Hongkong in 2019 is/was backed by USA. Imagine if Punjab or mannipuer get support from China.
You are already supporting mischievous elements in India. Don't pretend you are so naive.

You are already supporting mischievous elements in India. Don't pretend you are so naive.
You watched too much fake news from Indian media. If China ever supported Indian separatists, India was in civil war already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back