Stryker AFVs and its advantages to Indian Army

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Dear friends,
As we all know that India is set to close Stryker Armoured fighting vehicles deal with USA and we may soon see a direct production of these deadly vehicles in India.....

I want to know what kind of advantages it can provide us especially against China in Himalayan terrain..... or say Thar desert against Pakistan.....

What will be its roll? Will it be the first to storm inside enemy territory clearing path for tanks and walking infantry??

What are its actual strengths?

@DDG-80 , @CallSignMaverick , @vkdindian , @MirageBlue , @kambhakt
And sorry if I'm missing other fellow Indians names....

Can we discuss on this?

Source:
Stryker

Attachments

• Stryker_ICV_front_q.jpg
    Stryker_ICV_front_q.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 15

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
These will get lit up in Kashmir and urban settings, but great for conventional warfare as they are quiet.

The US purposefully didn’t deploy them in combat situation in the Sunni triangle, but instead chose to keep them in Kurdistan during the 2003-2011 occupation of Iraq.

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
These will get lit up in Kashmir and urban settings, but great for conventional warfare as they are quiet.

The US purposefully didn’t deploy them in combat situation in the Sunni triangle, but instead chose to keep them in Kurdistan during the 2003-2011 occupation of Iraq.
So you think that these are more useful in urban setting than actual war front settings?
If that's the case we should save precious dollars and ask Tata Mahindra to deliver something similar.....

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
So you think that these are more useful in urban setting than actual war front settings?
If that's the case we should save precious dollars and ask Tata Mahindra to deliver something similar.....
No, they are more useful in conventional warfare where insurgency and other ambushes aren’t as common. They are for large conventional warfare in open grounds, not urban setting. The US deployed in Kurdistan because the Kurds were pro US and the insurgency there was non existent compared to rest of Iraq.

Operating in urban settings negates the stealthiness of the Strykers

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No, they are more useful in conventional warfare where insurgency and other ambushes aren’t as common. They are for large conventional warfare in open grounds, not urban setting. The US deployed in Kurdistan because the Kurds were pro US and the insurgency there was non existent compared to rest of Iraq.

Operating in urban settings negates the stealthiness of the Strykers

Thanks bro for this valuable information.... I didn't research much do you know how many units we will deploy?
And off course what are the counter options our enemies have against these? I am not talking about drones but similar types of vehicles in their services....

CPTPLANET

Jun 27, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Thanks bro for this valuable information.... I didn't research much do you know how many units we will deploy?
And off course what are the counter options our enemies have against these? I am not talking about drones but similar types of vehicles in their services....
I just want to add, I’m not indian. I’m Pakistani. I don’t know much about the indian military

Pingle

Banned
Dec 20, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I just want to add, I’m not indian. I’m Pakistani. I don’t know much about the indian military
I'm sorry I didn't know but thanks for your valuable information and patience you showed while answering my questions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest