The LARGEST LIBRARY in the World is in China (But Where Are the Books?)

Out of this world library - that is China land of Education and Knowledge

Enjoy free high speed wifi and all other public facilities, hot and cold drinking water, all for free

北京城市图书馆_1_巴啦啦_来自小红书网页版.jpg
北京城市图书馆_3_巴啦啦_来自小红书网页版.jpg
北京城市图书馆_1_玉米_来自小红书网页版.jpg
12.27夜探通州城市图书馆24小时书房_8_我是有痣少女_来自小红书网页版.jpg通州‼️你不宣传这糊涂啊‼️附Citywalk 路线_6_可口可乐de妈咪_来自小红书网页版.jpg

Last edited:
Robot makes coffee for you in this library

北京必打卡|城市图书馆|阅读学习好地方_1_小鱼逛逛逛_来自小红书网页版.jpg
北京 _ 不去图书馆去哪里自习(4_20)_4_木村坨崽_来自小红书网页版.jpg北京必打卡|城市图书馆|阅读学习好地方_8_小鱼逛逛逛_来自小红书网页版.jpg

Which is a shame really, because people aren't going to the physical library anymore. Most are just going to go online and this is probably just a serious waste of funding.,..
Online access to books is great but printed books have a look and feel that is matchless. I personally buy and study printed books. My take is that human knowledge should be preserved online and offline, and a physical library is the best place to preserve human knowledge offline.

Good to see kids reading books. This is very important because kids normally watch lame/useless content on phones these days.

Nobody have that much money to flaunt, that's not how you become rich.......
Public facilities and transport were never designed to make a profit in China. Taxes were collected from the general public and should be spent back on the general public.

Online access to books is great but printed books have a look and feel that is matchless. I personally buy and study printed books. My take is that human knowledge should be preserved online and offline, and a physical library is the best place to preserve human knowledge offline.
A physical place is fine, but putting a lot of money and try to recreate a dying atmosphere is probably not the best idea.

I mean sure, I am against closing down the library of congress (Which is THE BIGGEST library collection in the world) I too think history should be preserved physically but at the same time, I don't want to build a palace around it since that facilities using my tax money. A place to store all those manuscript is just that, a place.

Maybe in your country, here in China they are very popular and well used by tons of readers. libraries also have computers and fast internet, some people just like the study environment in a library, many people in China believe that studying in a library makes them more concentrated and proves to be more effective.

View attachment 63574
View attachment 63575
View attachment 63577
View attachment 63578
View attachment 63579
View attachment 63576

Public facilities and transport were never designed to make a profit in China. Taxes were collected from the general public and should be spent back on the general public.

So, which is which? Is there are enough public interest for Chinese public to warrant such project or the government is going to build it because it was going to use tax money and it was never about money and interest?

Beside, if tax money is in play, shouldn't the right way to spend that tax money is on acquiring the collection instead of getting a biggest place? That's what Library is for, right? As a fountain of knowledge?

I mean sure, if China public library visit is enough to justify that big building, then good on you, but my point is, nobody born after 1980 go to library anymore, my library card expired like decade ago, I mean, when is the last time you visit a library? Even just to use their toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back