The LARGEST LIBRARY in the World is in China (But Where Are the Books?)

I am not sure why the content in this thread is leading to an argument. China probably has a culture that value study and existence of advanced libraries. This is something that I respect in person and I believe that any civilized society should attempt to promote. An advanced library can have both offline and online services, this is an area where taxpayer money is not wasted.

Last edited:
I am not sure why the content in this thread is leading to an argument. China probably has a culture that value study and existence of advanced libraries. This is something that I respect in person and I believe that any civilized society should attempt to promote. An advanced library can have both offline and online services, this is an area where taxpayer money is not wasted.
You need to ask him.

My original post wasn't even for him, he jumps in and start accusing me of this and that.

I mean, I don't have an issue with what he posted, that's why I didn't quote him, he could have keep going and post alI those picture, I am just stating my own opinion on the issue you raise, seems like that was what he had issue with.

Last edited:
You need to ask him.

My original post wasn't even for him, he jumps in and start accusing me of this and that.

I mean, I don't have an issue with what he posted, that's why I didn't quote him, I am just stating my own opinion on the issue you raise, seems like that was what he had issue with.
I said that just say it for yourself, but not everyone else, what you stated was not true, at least not here in China , in Beijing. and in China we would rather to spend more on public facilities instead of overseas wars.
Next time you can say in the west people don't like to go to libraries, which I won't argue, but don't include we Chinese here.

For some reason he is not happy with our library.

An advanced library can have both offline and online services, this is an area where taxpayer money is not wasted.
Exactly, many go to this library to read online. they just like the environment.

bei-jing-cheng-shi-tu-shu-guan-mian-feiwifi-re-shui-hai-you-sheng-jiang-zhuoface-screaming-in-fear_4_chi-yu-detropical-fish-jin-hua-ri-ji_lai-zi-xiao-hong-shu-wang-ye-ban-jpg.63578

I said that just say it for yourself, but not everyone else, what you stated was not true, at least not here in China , in Beijing. and in China we would rather to spend more on public facilities instead of overseas wars.
Next time you can say in the west people don't like to go to libraries, which I won't argue, but don't include we Chinese here.
There are NOTHING for you to argue. Because that's what I said, that's my opinion, no amount of arguing can change what I believe, and change my opinion, I don't care what do you think of China, and I wasn't specifically talking about China (and even if I was, I have lived in China long enough and studied in China so don't tell me what I know and didn't know about China)

I can have my opinion and you can have yours, did I argue with you for what you think? If I do, I would have quote you in the first place, the point I made is for @LeGenD and his opinion. If you have an issue with people with different opinion, then posting on a public forum probably not the best way for you

Many Chinese people paid money to go to read in self study rooms, which is a booming industry in China. A library is actually better , they are all free with more facilities and services.

v2_1185ad4cee2a4499ae0b2c445e420ddc_img_000

643d5d3af2d8981e5e834834.jpeg

7f5378899e32f67d7d8c5532dcbf5e5a.jpg

For some reason he is not happy with our library.
I wasn't even talking about China or "your" library when I make that post.
Which is a shame really, because people aren't going to the physical library anymore. Most are just going to go online and this is probably just a serious waste of funding.,..

Tell me where did I mention China in this post?

I wasn't even talking about China or "your" library when I make that post.

Tell me where did I mention China in this post?
So people from where don't go to physical library anymore? this thread is about a Chinese library, if you are not talking about China, you posted in the wrong thread.

So people from where don't go to physical library anymore? this thread is about a Chinese library, if you are not talking about China, you posted in the wrong thread.
So Library is not a Library when it is outside China??

I AM TALKING ABOUT LIBRARY IN GENERAL, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A LIBRARY. (i ADDED THIS INCASE YOU ARE TOO DENSE TO UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT)

So Library is not a Library when it is outside China??

I AM TALKING ABOUT LIBRARY IN GENERAL, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A LIBRARY.
This thread is about a Chinese library, and we Chinese people always go to libraries, if you like to talk about how in the west people ditched physical libraries, you can start a new thread. Chinese people pay money to go to read in paid self study rooms, what you said dosen't apply in China.

If you claim that you can read Chinese, can you traslate the words in this photo in English?

搜狗截图20240908225942.png
8月14日九点十分国图排队盛况_2_不松弛下来不改名字_来自小红书网页版.jpg

This thread is about a Chinese library, and we Chinese people always go to libraries, if you like to talk about how in the west people ditched physical libraries, you can start a new thread. Chinese people pay money to go to read in paid self study rooms, what you said dosen't apply in China.
Again, you can say whatever you want, as much as I can say whatever I wanted

And if you think Chinese Library is somehow insulated from the online surge, I mean, sure, why not?

On the other hand, judging from what you see and apply the standard to ALL Chinese is the definition of generalisation. Which is what you accuse me of doing.

And finally, wasn't it was you who say this?

Public facilities and transport were never designed to make a profit in China. Taxes were collected from the general public and should be spent back on the general public.

So you still hasn't answer my question, if interest is enough, then why worry about making a profit? It can only be one way or another, it can't be both, so is it your point that Library is popular as ever in China? or It's just public service that was never designed to make profit?

That's not a lot of people there to be called "a long queue" I have seen longer queue in a coffee shop....
Can you translate please? at least to show that you know Chinese.

搜狗截图20240908225942.png
8月14日九点十分国图排队盛况_2_不松弛下来不改名字_来自小红书网页版.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back