Turkish Foreign Policy and Geopolitics

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Thank you, Armenia, I guess, lol.

Pashinyan is aggravating Russia in every single international conflict. That's not going to end well for them.

Pashinyan is a fool, they are going to leave him holding the bag just like they left Georgia and Ukraine holding the bag. They told Georgia it can be a NATO member, what followed next was the Georgian War, they told Ukraine the same thing, and now Ukraine looks like its about to get get demolished as the weapons supply has dried up. Pashinyan has decided no let me try to antagonize Russia, this time it will be different. lol

gangsta_rap

Nov 2, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Thank you, Armenia, I guess, lol.

Pashinyan is aggravating Russia in every single international conflict. That's not going to end well for them.
1713711455056.png

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Türkiye and Elláda - a honeymoon vacation after every fight. No wonder both are broke. Talk about toxic relationships.

Meanwhile,Turkey now has a problem with Greece building some weird..."water parks" here:

doc-20240408plf-1080x1080.jpg

At the Cyclades and Ionian islands out of all places. Turkey's like "you can't do that,you can't do that,we will not let it happen,it's not your sea". Now,I don't know what kind of water parks and where exactly they want to build them at the Ionian and the Cyclades and how big they will be...but it's not your own part of the sea. It's not your 3 miles from the coast of Asia Minor,it's not under Antalya,it's not in the Black Sea,it's not even close to the Dardanelles.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No one in Türkiye cares about Greek "Water Parks" - whatever that might be. If the Greek government wants to visit a Water Park there are plenty in Türkiye. We could also chip in for a visit of Sea World in the US. Good friends and neighbors do stuff like that to each other.

However, we do know in Türkiye that your government wants to create facts on the ground the minute Ankara soften its stance just a notch which is why this entire conflict is as much Greece' fault as it is Türkiye's.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
However, we do know in Türkiye that your government wants to create facts on the ground the minute Ankara soften its stance just a notch which is why this entire conflict is as much Greece' fault as it is Türkiye's.
Facts on the ground like the Cyclades islands being part of Greece,let's say? :rolleyes:

Mehmed Bey

Mar 4, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
No one in Türkiye cares about Greek "Water Parks" - whatever that might be. If the Greek government wants to visit a Water Park there are plenty in Türkiye. We could also chip in for a visit of Sea World in the US. Good friends and neighbors do stuff like that to each other.

My friend this nobody just wants to start any conversation with anyone. Just likes to provoke and instigate.
Just ignore him. He is like a woman, just turn your head from him and he will jogg off.

Foinikas

Elite Member
Aug 1, 2021
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
My friend this nobody just wants to start any conversation with anyone. Just likes to provoke and instigate.
Just ignore him. He is like a woman, just turn your head from him and he will jogg off.
Why do you always jump to talk about me?

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Erdogan arrives in Erbil, and is personally welcomed by the president the Iraqi Kurdistan Nechervan Barzani

GoatsMilk

May 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

That trade route via Iraq considering the geopolitical situation between Turkiye and Iran looks unlikely. I sometimes wonder if its just a Turkish move to gain some kind of leverage concerning what's happening in other places.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Nov 14, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That trade route via Iraq considering the geopolitical situation between Turkiye and Iran looks unlikely. I sometimes wonder if its just a Turkish move to gain some kind of leverage concerning what's happening in other places.
The Turkish folks love to milk the bulls. The greater is the improbability, the higher is their resolve....

As for Iran, Turkey fully knows how to handle her as she's been doing since the time of Shah Ismail....

As for Iraq, either they'll cooperate with Turkey for their utmost benefit, or oppose Turkey to see their country being torn apart, thanks to the usual suspects who've been scavenging on her since the Gulf War 1&2. The Iraqi folks are nationalist enough to fathom the difference b/w development and destruction. They again want to be strongest Arab country. Interestingly, Pakistan is also on-board to help her....

According to the Turkish planners, given the perennial Russia - West dichotomy, a China/CA to Europe alternative trade route bypassing Russia, Iran (and, all of their proxies appertaining thereunto) etc. is China/CA - Gwadar - Basra - Turkey - Europe.....

Last edited:

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I don't think so. Why should Iran prefer the establishment of a route from the Gulf of Basra to Israel over an Iraq-Türkiye alternative?

There are many stakeholders in Iraq who want to see this project happening, some of them are even Iranian proxies.

Users who are viewing this thread