Turkish UAV/UCAV Projects

Orhun

May 23, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bayraktar TB3 Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle successfully took off from the land-based test platform simulating the inclined ramp of TCG ANADOLU LHD Ship.

Bayraktar TB3 Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle, which attempted to take off from the Ramp 4 times in the first Ramp Take-off Test, successfully performed all take-offs.

The special runway, which was built with the same specifications as the conditions on the deck of the TCG Anadolu, has a ramp with a 12-degree inclination.

Reactions: HRK

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
excellent news. and since as they said they don't need to do arrested landing, Now the next step left is launching it off TCG Anadolu. Which is the final puzzle for proof of concept.

I suspect mass production to commence after all that testing is completed, after which we will see exports possibly. Lets see how the market is in comparison to the Mojave Drone.

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I'd like to see a landing simulation. Isn't that the actual challenge?

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I'd like to see a landing simulation. Isn't that the actual challenge?

I think they have already been doing short runway landings off the flat runway, they aren't planning on doing arrested landings, so it not too much of a issue for them to do short landings on the very same airstrip they have been doing tests.

unfortunately there is no way to do a simulation of a moving ship, with choppy waves and the ship bobbling up and down, maybe in a computer simulation(Seljuk said something of them doing takeoff and landing on th computer for the last few years). Only way to test is to do it on the real thing.

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bayraktar TB3, which will take off from TCG ANADOLU started testing on the ground ramp where the exact runway was adapted

1717311397319.jpeg

1717311419855.jpeg

1717311380759.jpeg

The next is KIZILELMA İnsaAllah

Oublious

Dec 29, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Baykar will make ther first turbojet engine after 5 years, if you remember Baykar did a JV with Ukrainan company if believ Motorsich before the war. Or they are making from scratch because i remember ther was senior lady what wat a jet engine engineer now working with Baykar. Lets see what will outcome after 5 years. They are playing good as a aerespace company.

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Baykar will make ther first turbojet engine after 5 years, if you remember Baykar did a JV with Ukrainan company if believ Motorsich before the war. Or they are making from scratch because i remember ther was senior lady what wat a jet engine engineer now working with Baykar. Lets see what will outcome after 5 years. They are playing good as a aerespace company.

Maybe Haluk is referencing the TF6000?

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bayraktar TB3, which will take off from TCG ANADOLU continues testing on the ground ramp

TCG ANADOLU can carry 80 UCAVs

President of Defense Industry announced the UCAV capacity of TCG ANADOLU, which will be a great force multiplier for Turkiye: We can operate with 80 UCAVs.
1717539696247.png

Last edited:

Orhun

May 23, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Bayraktar AKINCI TİHA successfully conducted a new firing test of the İHA-230 Supersonic Ballistic Missile developed by Roketsan.

But, this İHA-230 is different from others. The rear winglet count of the İHA-230 has been increased. Additionally, the front canards have been sharpened. As a result, there has been a significant increase in missile stabilization.

The operational range of the İHA-230 Missile is 150+ kilometers, depending on the speed and altitude at which the missile is launched.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Nov 14, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The TurAF is implementing the USAF's CCA (collaborative combat aircraft) concept in verbatim. The important part part of it the manned and unmanned platforms flying in a close proximity for the unbackable ultra secured comms in b/w them....

Users who are viewing this thread