Turkish UAV/UCAV Projects

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
MAM-T IIR will make AKINCI and AKSUNGUR UCAVs more lethal Platforms from much longer distances with a much larger warhead

MAM-L IIR smart Munition

Range : 25+ km
Weight : 23 kg
Warhead : 10 kg
Guidance : IIR , RF , Datalink
Man-in-the-loop capability
1718715188361.jpeg

MAM-T IIR smart Munition
Range : 50+ km
Weight : 100 kg
Warhead : 70 kg
Guidance : IIR , RF , Datalink
Man-in-the-loop capability
1718714371571.jpeg

AKINCI UCAV can carry 8 MAM-T IIR smart munitions

Frigates-Corvettes armed with 35-40 km ASTER-30/MICA-NG Air Defense Missiles

Tanks , Howitzers , MLRS , Mobile Air Defense Systems are easy targets from safe distance

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Haluk Bayraktar CEO of BAYKAR

So far, BAYKAR has spent 1 billion Dollars for KIZILELMA

We aim to produce 12 KIZILELMA this year. We plan to reach 48 units in 2026.

After 4 years, Kızılelma will have its domestic engine
1718890844626.png

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
BAYKAR currently produces 250 TB2 and 50 AKINCI UCAVs per year!

View attachment 49585

Who is doing the Engine supply for the Akinci, is it still Ukraine?Or are they using the Canadian engine. I think there might be a need to diversify, I sense some BS ahead with those two options with Russia either potentially taking over the factory in Zaporizhzhia that produces it, or destroying it with bombings. Or a Canadian embargo. Might be worth looking into either that Czech/GE engine or a Chinese alternative potentially.

BaburKhan

Dec 23, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Haluk Bayraktar CEO of BAYKAR

So far, BAYKAR has spent 1 billion Dollars for KIZILELMA

We aim to produce 12 KIZILELMA this year. We plan to reach 48 units in 2026.

After 4 years, Kızılelma will have its domestic engine
View attachment 49563
The first Kizilelma will have ukrainian Engine. Fot the TF-6000 I expect it will be ready in arround two Years, in that Time Baykar will rely on ukrainian Engine. After four Years Kizilelma will get the Engine developed by Baykar. There will also be B and C Variants from Kizilelma, B will have single Engine TF-10000 with Afterburner and C Variant will have twin Engine with two TF-10000 Engines. Both are capable to reach Supersonic Speeds.

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Nov 14, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Who is doing the Engine supply for the Akinci, is it still Ukraine?Or are they using the Canadian engine. I think there might be a need to diversify, I sense some BS ahead with those two options with Russia either potentially taking over the factory in Zaporizhzhia that produces it, or destroying it with bombings. Or a Canadian embargo. Might be worth looking into either that Czech/GE engine or a Chinese alternative potentially.
My gut feelings is Baykar, TAI etc. have some other arrangements with the Ukrainian engine companies to cater for the requirements at all eventualities. The Ukrainian War has been going on for the last two years.....

hyperman

INT'L MOD
Jan 6, 2020
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This is very very interesting, I don't think there is another Aircraft makes that makes its own engine in the world, or atleast none that I can think of. Seljuk really taking this nationalization thing to another level, not just being dependent on TAI to supply a domestic engine, he is making the engine in house in the same company? lol

@Deino do you know of any Aircraft makers that make their own engine? Maybe Lockheed or something?

edit: yep, nothing recent, the last time Lockheed built its own engine it was in 1946 with the Lockheed J37, outside of State corporations that have aircraft and engine subunits like Rostec, there doesn't seem to be any.

Last edited:

Hakikat ve Hikmet

Think Tank Analyst
Nov 14, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

They are spending $300 million on engine development.

There may be some Ukrainian involvement as well.

In fact Baykar and Ukrspecexport engine company has made a JV named Blacksea Shield...

2YVsGQFLvmdMPi3A8JyJ3N7nut5tPi8g.jpg

Turbine Engines for UAS​

Due to the changing aspects of conventional warfare and the security conceptions, unmanned aerial systems had obtained a critical role within the doctrines embodied by modern militaries. In order to fulfil these needs, BAYKAR Defence and Ukrspecexport are eager to cooperate and develop a Tirbune Engine Supplier, which would be utilized for unmanned aerial systems. The indigenous designs which would be developed, would not only become a suitable alternative for different systems but also it would be one of the most competitive engines over the market. In addition, both companies are determined to create a harmonized synergy and benefit from the mutual Know/How that both parties had gained during their past experiences.

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
This is very very interesting, I don't think there is another Aircraft makes that makes its own engine in the world, or atleast none that I can think of. Seljuk really taking this nationalization thing to another level, not just being dependent on TAI to supply a domestic engine, he is making the engine in house in the same company? lol

BAYKAR will spend $300 million to develop Engines in the next 5 years

BAYKAR doesnt trust CHP
In case of a possible change of power in Turkiye, they will impose a political embargo on BAYKAR

BAYKAR does not want to be dependent on anyone at home or abroad.
therefor BAYKAR create its own ecosystem from E/O Systems to Engines

Electro-Optical Systems Hardware Design Engineer

Last edited:

MMM-E

Elite Member
Jul 6, 2017
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Does it publish any figures of where they are going? I mean surely all aren't being inducted into Turkish military. As a Pakistani I am curious about what are true order of akinci is.

Detailed information was not given by BAYKAR on how many units the Countries purchased

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts