Turks celebrate 50th anniversary of Cyprus Peace Operation

Eşbah

INT'L MOD
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

The Cyprus Peace Operation - 1974.

1️⃣ Stopped the attempted genocide of the Turkish Cypriot people.

2️⃣ Ended 19 years of conflict on the island and has maintained peace in Cyprus for the last 50 years.

3️⃣ Prevented the mass killing of 10,000 Greek Cypriots imprisoned as “enemies of the Greek state.”

4️⃣ Stopped Enosis - Cyprus’s unification with Greece.

5️⃣ Ended 11 years of ethnic cleansing against the Turkish Cypriot people.

6️⃣ Ended the 3 year long Greek Cypriot civil war (EOKA-B V Makarios).

7️⃣ Restored democracy to Greece by causing the collapse of the Greek military junta.

8️⃣ Established 50 years of peace on the island.

We thank Türkiye for saving us on this day 50 years ago and allowing us to finally live freely again in our homeland.

Divided island anniversary. Hopeful for a peaceful future.

The Cyprus Peace Operation - 1974.

1️⃣ Stopped the attempted genocide of the Turkish Cypriot people.

2️⃣ Ended 19 years of conflict on the island and has maintained peace in Cyprus for the last 50 years.

3️⃣ Prevented the mass killing of 10,000 Greek Cypriots imprisoned as “enemies of the Greek state.”

4️⃣ Stopped Enosis - Cyprus’s unification with Greece.

5️⃣ Ended 11 years of ethnic cleansing against the Turkish Cypriot people.

6️⃣ Ended the 3 year long Greek Cypriot civil war (EOKA-B V Makarios).

7️⃣ Restored democracy to Greece by causing the collapse of the Greek military junta.

8️⃣ Established 50 years of peace on the island.
Allow me to have a different opinion on some of the points you mentioned,without turning this thread into a chaotic flame war,like in previous years with certain other members.

1.There was no attempted "genocide" of the Turkish Cypriots,clashes,skirmishes,tensions and many incidents since the 50's to 1974,yes. But no attempted genocide,this word has become way too easy to use nowadays.

2.Not entirely,there has been an uneasy peace and a lot of tensions since then. Don't forget the heavy militarization of the island by both sides.

3.Don't tell me that the Turkish government cared for the Greek "political prisoners"...come on.

4.I honestly don't think Enosis would have happened. The Ioannides junta was bound to collapse. Even without the events of Cyprus. At least,that's what I think. There were a lot of factors to take into account. An unstable junta by Ioannides in the mainland with many protests by leftists,the British in Cyprus and generally on the whole picture,the Turkish side,the Americans,the civil war in Cyprus etc.

5.Again,my reply on the first point.

6.As if Turkey actually cared about Greeks fighting a civil war,come on.

7.Already replied to that.

8.That's basically repeating the second point.

Now putting that aside,here's a very interesting video:

Cyprus Peace Operation with Songs

Greeks
before the operation: "I waited but you didn't come."

Turks' answer: "I can come suddenly one night."
Turks said after the operation
"We connected the road to Anatolia from Girne-Cyprus."

Turkish Armed Forces
Don't call me so heartily,
I may come suddenly one night

Last edited:
July 20, 1974

Greeks =
If you are brave, come and get it;
Turks = We are Turks, we are brave, we came and took!

1721544933767.png

What is the status of "North Cyprus" under international law?

The first piece of the lands gained after losing them for 200 years.....

What is the status of "North Cyprus" under international law?

cluster ****, they recognise if we agree on paper :p . Both parties need to accept each other terms, believe me waste of time. They believe in onakis fuse with Greece so they started to kill Turks in cyprus 1974. But it did not end good for them, if they accepted Turks in Cyprus we would not talking about it.

2024 and they still thinking about it.

There is a very simple way to decisively end this issue. Greeks will keep demanding a unification of the Island with them being in charge and the Turkish Cypriots being their subjects. As they attempted to do with the Akritas Plan.

There is a very simple solution that will fix everything, without any conflict at all.. There are around 700,000 Greeks on the Island, and 350,000 Turkish Cypriots in the North. There are around 650,000 diaspora Cypriot Turks living in Turkey and about 130,000 TRNC nationals in the UK, and if you include diaspora without TRNC citizenship its like 400,000.

The solution is simple, get the diaspora Cypriot Turks from Anatolia and the UK to move back to Cyprus, The moment the population of Turks on the Island becomes larger and not even necessarily significantly larger, watch how quickly the Greeks change their tune on the idea of "Unification". They only want to do unification if they are in the majority and in complete control of the Island. The moment that dynamic changes, they will change their tune.

Expand the airport to expand travel and commerce with the rest of Anatolia, which will encourage population growth. set up a fund to buy land and facilitate development and industry, and to build houses to facilitate the diaspora turks to move back, in 10-15 years this problem is decisively solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back