Vietnam-China relationship at deepest, most comprehensive and substantive level ever

Wang Wenbin who? Sorry no offense but he is a nobody.
I know Xi Jinping, and Wang Yi.
The rest are stooges.
Most people in Vietnam don’t care.

As you know Wang Yi, China's foreign ministers have usually served as secretaries of the State Council's General Office and foreign ministry spokespersons, then moved on to become ambassadors of important countries, then vice-ministers of foreign affairs, and finally ministers of foreign affairs.

Wang Wenbin has served as Secretary of the State Council and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he is like the Wang Yi of 15 years ago, a high-level official whom the Chinese government has focused on trainin.

If it were not for the economic strategy of the Mekong River Basin, Wang Wenbin would not have been able to go to a small country as an ambassador.

As you know Wang Yi, China's foreign ministers have usually served as secretaries of the State Council's General Office and foreign ministry spokespersons, then moved on to become ambassadors of important countries, then vice-ministers of foreign affairs, and finally ministers of foreign affairs.

Wang Wenbin has served as Secretary of the State Council and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, he is like the Wang Yi of 15 years ago, a high-level official whom the Chinese government has focused on trainin.

If it were not for the economic strategy of the Mekong River Basin, Wang Wenbin would not have been able to go to a small country as an ambassador.
Wang Wenbin is a spokesman. He acts as loudspeaker. We want to talk to the men behind the loudspeaker.

Wang Wenbin is a spokesman. He acts as loudspeaker. We want to talk to the men behind the loudspeaker.
In international exchanges, if you want to have an equal dialogue, you need to have enough strength and sincerity. When you don't have the strength and sincerity to talk on an equal footing, you will only get more embarrassment.
8b4d-iytwscc1638999.jpg

Of course, China is a country of etiquette and will never treat Viet Nam's leaders in this way.

However, if we take a closer look at To Lam's visit to China, you will find a lot of subtle things:
1. China has given To Lam the reception specifications and courtesies it deserves.
2. Many agreements have been signed between China and Vietnam. Viet Nam's state media reported in detail, but Chinese state media did not report anything. If you look closely at these agreements, you will be surprised to find that none of them are practical.

As mentioned earlier, the Chinese government sent Wang Wenbin to Southeast Asia with a great mission and at the same time, it also gave him very strong power. This phenomenon is extremely rare in the history of China's diplomacy.

If the Viet Nam government really thinks it is what you think, it wants to ignore Wang Van Bin and talk directly to the people behind him. Then, Viet Nam will miss this opportunity for economic take-off.

In international exchanges, if you want to have an equal dialogue, you need to have enough strength and sincerity. When you don't have the strength and sincerity to talk on an equal footing, you will only get more embarrassment.
View attachment 61018

Of course, China is a country of etiquette and will never treat Viet Nam's leaders in this way.

However, if we take a closer look at To Lam's visit to China, you will find a lot of subtle things:
1. China has given To Lam the reception specifications and courtesies it deserves.
2. Many agreements have been signed between China and Vietnam. Viet Nam's state media reported in detail, but Chinese state media did not report anything. If you look closely at these agreements, you will be surprised to find that none of them are practical.

As mentioned earlier, the Chinese government sent Wang Wenbin to Southeast Asia with a great mission and at the same time, it also gave him very strong power. This phenomenon is extremely rare in the history of China's diplomacy.

If the Viet Nam government really thinks it is what you think, it wants to ignore Wang Van Bin and talk directly to the people behind him. Then, Viet Nam will miss this opportunity for economic take-off.
To Lam received Putin recently to Hanoi. Why Putin was there? The agreements Vietnam und Russia signed off were not worth mentioning. The Vietnamese have something to talk in private, so the Russians. They don’t mention in public.

To Lam received Putin recently to Hanoi. Why Putin was there? The agreements Vietnam und Russia signed off were not worth mentioning. The Vietnamese have something to talk in private, so the Russians. They don’t mention in public.

Yes, Putin visited Viet Nam. Viet Nam and Russia have always been traditional friendly countries. In addition to courtesy and friendly visits, the two sides discussed arms cooperation and monetary payments on substantive issues. According to the current international situation in Russia, he needs such support.

However, thinking from a realistic point of view, what can Russia give Viet Nam? What can Viet Nam give Russia?

Can Russia lead Viet Nam's economy to take-off? Or, can Viet Nam help the Russia economy? Can Viet Nam provide Russia with weapons that could change the tide of the war? Can Russia provide Viet Nam with weapons sufficient to change the situation in the South China Sea?

After calmly thinking about these questions, let's analyze the relationship between Viet Nam and China.............

Yes, Putin visited Viet Nam. Viet Nam and Russia have always been traditional friendly countries. In addition to courtesy and friendly visits, the two sides discussed arms cooperation and monetary payments on substantive issues. According to the current international situation in Russia, he needs such support.

However, thinking from a realistic point of view, what can Russia give Viet Nam? What can Viet Nam give Russia?

Can Russia lead Viet Nam's economy to take-off? Or, can Viet Nam help the Russia economy? Can Viet Nam provide Russia with weapons that could change the tide of the war? Can Russia provide Viet Nam with weapons sufficient to change the situation in the South China Sea?

After calmly thinking about these questions, let's analyze the relationship between Viet Nam and China.............
It’s complicated. About economics, Vietnam-Russia trades is about 1% if compared to Vietnam-China trrade. That’s an embarrassment. About weapon, that’s too little to count since Putin starts the invasion of Ukraine. I don’t know if you know what the Vietnamese want from Russians and vice versa. No of course I don’t know. However I willing to bet, China is a topic what else. We must know what the Russians really think of China.
Putin probably wants to know what we think of the US.

It’s complicated. About economics, Vietnam-Russia trades is about 1% if compared to Vietnam-China trrade. That’s an embarrassment. About weapon, that’s too little to count since Putin starts the invasion of Ukraine. I don’t know if you know what the Vietnamese want from Russians and vice versa. No of course I don’t know. However I willing to bet, China is a topic what else. We must know what the Russians really think of China.
Putin probably wants to know what we think of the US.
We will never know the full extent of what has been discussed.

But with our analysis of the current situation, Russia and Viet Nam, there are not many cards that can be used.

Promoting local currency settlement between the two sides is a realistic and feasible topic, but it is limited to a topic, and there really isn't much to trade between the two sides.

In terms of arms cooperation, at most, Viet Nam provides Russia with some traditional weapons and ammunition, just as North Korea supplies artillery shells to Russia, Viet Nam has no other better weapons to provide to Russia. Russia is in the middle of a war and Viet Nam wants Russia fighters, Russia not enough for themselves............

If Viet Nam wants to communicate cooperation with China through Russia, it will be meaningless, and Viet Nam can communicate directly with China. If Viet Nam wants to put pressure on China through Russia, it makes no sense, Russia is now desperate for China to help Russia improve its economy, and there is no possibility of provoking China at this time.

In contrast, Viet Nam understands China better than Russia. The cultural ties between Viet Nam and China far exceed those between Russia and China.

We will never know the full extent of what has been discussed.

But with our analysis of the current situation, Russia and Viet Nam, there are not many cards that can be used.

Promoting local currency settlement between the two sides is a realistic and feasible topic, but it is limited to a topic, and there really isn't much to trade between the two sides.

In terms of arms cooperation, at most, Viet Nam provides Russia with some traditional weapons and ammunition, just as North Korea supplies artillery shells to Russia, Viet Nam has no other better weapons to provide to Russia. Russia is in the middle of a war and Viet Nam wants Russia fighters, Russia not enough for themselves............

If Viet Nam wants to communicate cooperation with China through Russia, it will be meaningless, and Viet Nam can communicate directly with China. If Viet Nam wants to put pressure on China through Russia, it makes no sense, Russia is now desperate for China to help Russia improve its economy, and there is no possibility of provoking China at this time.

In contrast, Viet Nam understands China better than Russia. The cultural ties between Viet Nam and China far exceed those between Russia and China.
Of course the Vietnamese know you better anyone else on earth. We even know what you dream of at night. However always interesting to learn how other nations view China. I know what Germans or French people think about China. Russia is a Chinese colony I say it multiple times in another thread. Russia is of limited use. But Russia is one of only 2 countries that can contain Chinese military. the other is US military. interesting to learn what the Russians think of China. Then we can adapt a strategy.

I am always for close cooperation between Vietnam and China. The more the better. we are not stupid though. a minimum of military is necessary to maintain a deterrent.

Russia is a Chinese colony I say it multiple times in another thread. But Russia is one of only 2 countries that can contain Chinese military. the other is US military.
Are you dreaming as a Vietnamese to use Russia against China again as in the Soviet era ? Why would Russians or Putin fulfills Vietnamese own wish ? No one is able to contain any other among the three. Otherwise, there would be no Ukraine war, and Taiwan would be independent. And I say again, Russia is no Chinese colony.

Last edited:
Of course the Vietnamese know you better anyone else on earth. We even know what you dream of at night. However always interesting to learn how other nations view China. I know what Germans or French people think about China. Russia is a Chinese colony I say it multiple times in another thread. Russia is of limited use. But Russia is one of only 2 countries that can contain Chinese military. the other is US military. interesting to learn what the Russians think of China. Then we can adapt a strategy.

I am always for close cooperation between Vietnam and China. The more the better. we are not stupid though. a minimum of military is necessary to maintain a deterrent.
I can understand what you said as a Viet Nam. But your statement is biased, and this is not an appropriate way to discuss it.

In fact, China's attitude towards Russia and Viet Nam is completely different from what you described.

China's attitude towards Viet Nam:
History is not entangled, we only talk about modern times. China has always regarded Viet Nam as its little brother. Even at the lowest point in Sino-Vietnamese relations (the Sino-Vietnamese War), Deng Xiaoping described Viet Nam as "a naughty little brother." China has never regarded Viet Nam as an imaginary enemy in its national military strategy. On the Sino-Vietnamese border and in China's Guangxi province, there are also only a small number of border guards.

China's attitude towards Russia:
In fact, it's completely different from what many people perceive. At the military-strategic level, China has always regarded Russia as its greatest enemy, even in the years when Sino-Soviet relations were at their closest.
Now, on the surface, the relationship between China and Russia is very close, but at the national strategic level, the two sides are still on alert. In this regard, I am Chinese, I can't say much.

In studying international issues, we should not only look at the surface, still less should we look at them with emotions.

Russia is a Chinese colony I say it multiple times in another thread. Russia is of limited use. But Russia is one of only 2 countries that can contain Chinese military. the other is US military.
If Russia is a Chinese colony according to you, then China would be able to control Russia completely like US controlling Japan, Germany and South Korea, but that's not the case, then Russia should not be able to contain China militarily, but you said otherwise. You just contradict yourself.

I can understand what you said as a Viet Nam. But your statement is biased, and this is not an appropriate way to discuss it.

In fact, China's attitude towards Russia and Viet Nam is completely different from what you described.

China's attitude towards Viet Nam:
History is not entangled, we only talk about modern times. China has always regarded Viet Nam as its little brother. Even at the lowest point in Sino-Vietnamese relations (the Sino-Vietnamese War), Deng Xiaoping described Viet Nam as "a naughty little brother." China has never regarded Viet Nam as an imaginary enemy in its national military strategy. On the Sino-Vietnamese border and in China's Guangxi province, there are also only a small number of border guards.

China's attitude towards Russia:
In fact, it's completely different from what many people perceive. At the military-strategic level, China has always regarded Russia as its greatest enemy, even in the years when Sino-Soviet relations were at their closest.
Now, on the surface, the relationship between China and Russia is very close, but at the national strategic level, the two sides are still on alert. In this regard, I am Chinese, I can't say much.

In studying international issues, we should not only look at the surface, still less should we look at them with emotions.
The war with China was useless, totally avoidable, very unfortunate event, avoidable same for the war with the US and Cambodia. Honestly I don’t want to indulge the past. That brings nothing good.
Here root of the conflict. The Vietnamese resentment towards China goes back in much older days in the 1950s. During the Geneva peace negotiation where the fate of Vietnam was decided the Chinese colluded with the French, with the western power. Pham van Dong, then the government chief of North Vietnam. The Vietnamese were very angry, feeling betrayed.

The war with China was useless, totally avoidable, very unfortunate event, avoidable same for the war with the US and Cambodia. Honestly I don’t want to indulge the past. That brings nothing good.
Here root of the conflict. The Vietnamese resentment towards China goes back in much older days in the 1950s. During the Geneva peace negotiation where the fate of Vietnam was decided the Chinese colluded with the French, with the western power. Pham van Dong, then the government chief of North Vietnam. The Vietnamese were very angry, feeling betrayed.
Yes, the feud between China and Vietnam has been settled.

The vast majority of Chinese have no grudges against Viet Nam, let alone hatred. But many Viet Nam don't seem to have let go of their resentment, which requires VCP to do something.

I went to look up some data.
Viet Nam's GDP is roughly the same as that of China's Guangxi province
Viet Nam's population is twice the total population of China's Guangxi Province
Guangxi Province ranks 19th in China in terms of GDP...............

Viet Nam needs to work hard!

Yes, the feud between China and Vietnam has been settled.

The vast majority of Chinese have no grudges against Viet Nam, let alone hatred. But many Viet Nam don't seem to have let go of their resentment, which requires VCP to do something.

I went to look up some data.
Viet Nam's GDP is roughly the same as that of China's Guangxi province
Viet Nam's population is twice the total population of China's Guangxi Province
Guangxi Province ranks 19th in China in terms of GDP...............

Viet Nam needs to work hard!
You can google translate, die Herrschaft des weißen Mannes ist vorbei. I wish China all the best, I hope as well we will catch up. But I am realistic, catching up with the Chinese that’s hopeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back