What the hell is going on with Harley Davidson ?

Too rigid, conservative and old. Motor Bikes are seen as death machines in the US and the young ones don't buy this boomer bike. Competition is high, company is not innovating and not doing much. It's still running on legacy.
I tried street 750, it was okayish certainly won't buy one or dream of owning one. That's the only harley I tried.

Harleys suck. Constantly breaking down and they also discontinued what I considered to be their best bike. the V-Rod. Unless you know how to fix bikes, never even think about getting a Harley. Furthermore, they are far better cruisers being offered by companies such as Indian, BMW, Honda and Yamaha. Even Royal Enfield's bikes are more reliable than Harley Davidson these days and that is saying something.

Too rigid, conservative and old. Motor Bikes are seen as death machines in the US and the young ones don't buy this boomer bike. Competition is high, company is not innovating and not doing much. It's still running on legacy.
I tried street 750, it was okayish certainly won't buy one or dream of owning one. That's the only harley I tried.
The motorcycle industry is still growing in the US. It's just that far superior options are being offered by bike manufacturers. Also, the negative stereotypes of Harley riders don't help them either.

That was never a real Harley. They came up with it for not as wealthy markets in Asia etc exclusively iinw.. anyway, been discontinued for a while. HD is all lowriders, choppers etc .. a man's machine.

and biking is very alive in the US, wtf man.. its a whole subculture.. beer, music, tattoos, and general badassery.

I think its part of a concerted effort by western leftists in general, and American ones in particular, to go for all things masculine. SO they went after beers and bikes..

You can't do that to your core customer base.. like if KFC went vegan, or Kalashnikov came out with a range of lipsticks and mascara :LOL:

That was never a real Harley. They came up with it for not as wealthy markets in Asia etc exclusively iinw.. anyway, been discontinued for a while. HD is all lowriders, choppers etc .. a man's machine.

and biking is very alive in the US, wtf man.. its a whole subculture.. beer, music, tattoos, and general badassery.

I think its part of a concerted effort by western leftists in general, and American ones in particular, to go for all things masculine. SO they went after beers and bikes..

You can't do that to your core customer base.. like if KFC went vegan, or Kalashnikov came out with a range of lipsticks and mascara :LOL:
I personally would never associate cruisers with manliness but I am also biased against cruisers so there's that. In my opinion, if you have balls, you would ride either superbikes, hypernakeds, dirt bikes or adventure bikes.

I personally would never associate cruisers with manliness but I am also biased against cruisers so there's that. In my opinion, if you have balls, you would ride either superbikes, hypernakeds, dirt bikes or adventure bikes.
Kya baat can ra re ho, bro !

Lemmy type log chalate hain cruisers. You'll crack your back if you do cross country on a sports with that awkward riding position.. legs out front cruising is the way for long highway rides.. adventure and dirt are a whole other scene.

Kya baat can ra re ho, bro !

Lemmy type log chalate hain cruisers. You'll crack your back if you do cross country on a sports with that awkward riding position.. legs out front cruising is the way for long highway rides.. adventure and dirt are a whole other scene.
If I want to go on very long rides on highways then I would a litre naked bike like CB1000R, ZH2, Streetfighter or MT-10 or a high performance and sporty touring bike like the new Hayabusa. The point is that I can do much more on these bikes whereas I can't do much on boring cruisers apart from taking them on long rides.

If I want to go on very long rides on highways then I would a litre naked bike like CB1000R, ZH2, Streetfighter or MT-10 or a high performance and sporty touring bike like the new Hayabusa. The point is that I can do much more on these bikes whereas I can't do much on boring cruisers apart from taking them on long rides.
Fair, I prefer the neutral riding position too.. not leant forward like on sports/track ones, and not too lazyboy level relaxed like a full on cruiser.

Classic looking ones good but, love these aesthetics.. fairings bad !

Royal-Enfield-Classic-350-Action-128939.jpg

Fair, I prefer the neutral riding position too.. not leant forward like on sports/track ones, and not too lazyboy level relaxed like a full on cruiser.

Classic looking ones good but, love these aesthetics.. fairings bad !

Royal-Enfield-Classic-350-Action-128939.jpg
I never stated that Cruisers don't look badass. V-Rod is one of the most badass looking bikes on the planet. Whoever gets the privilege to ride must feel like the most badass person on Earth. Just look at this beast.

1723922140668.png

Always liked the 1995 bullet bobber in natural metal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back