Indian Economy: News, Updates and Discussions

Uh huh sure,

I looked up their market cap (Dixon), its about 9 billion USD.

Not too shabby...but talk of manufacturing superpower needs proof in 10 year time scales over very large array of producers and consumers.

My only point- once there is proof that money can be made, others join in. Like how Infosys proved money can be made in outsourcing and we now do 170 billion in exports.

Everything else is just theory, money talks. To make the money they'll lobby govt. , train people in industrial scale, move money on massive scale and get what needs to be done.

My only point- once there is proof that money can be made, others join in. Like how Infosys proved money can be made in outsourcing and we now do 170 billion in exports.

Everything else is just theory, money talks. To make the money they'll lobby govt. , train people in industrial scale, move money on massive scale and get what needs to be done.

I heard this 10 years ago, 20 years ago etc....and results have been below average.

Proof is in the pudding and in hindsight.

I heard this 10 years ago, 20 years ago etc....and results have been below average.

Proof is in the pudding and in hindsight.
10 years ago you didn't have a 10 billion market cap company dude.

People think these things happen because 'India wants to become manufacturing power' or 'Govt launched a policy' or 'education and training was done this way' and so on.

not the case. If money is there then the companies force govt to change laws, training ecosystem comes up (NIIT provided more software engineers than any University) and stock markets give the required capital.

Don't trust govt plans. But definitely trust the money.

10 years ago you didn't have a 10 billion market cap company dude.

People think these things happen because 'India wants to become manufacturing power' or 'Govt launched a policy' or 'education and training was done this way' and so on.

not the case. If money is there then the companies force govt to change laws, training ecosystem comes up (NIIT provided more software engineers than any University) and stock markets give the required capital.

Don't trust govt plans. But definitely trust the money.

I already have spreadsheets showing what actual equity and capital materialises for a relevant current block of years w.r.t market cap in India.

GCF/market cap, P/E ratios and so much more.

i.e specific lag here and why (i.e ramp1 vs ramp2 when it comes to something as basic as corporate credit as %of GDP when comparing the largest peer competitor most similar earlier phase to India)

i.e the structural reasons supporting and determining each ramp, and the underlying weights of those and both govt and corporate role in that (and their relative misunderstanding, status quo and dereliction of it w.r.t the basic subtractive analysis between the ramps)

The overall larger psyche and realised propensity of large caps and large govt policy levers and thus the proven void % they so far abscond on to its large degree....as it is phenomenon that likes to match the 1% to 1% and then the 10% to the 10% (to some economy/society outside of India) to its degree .....but leaves the 90% to rot and fend for itself....rather than tending appropriately there first to get a much more concrete cohesive basis for trajectory and inertia as proven by other populations efforts here.

....so a novice's stale opinion (I've seen umpteen times before) on the matter really means very little to me.

Even listening to a fairly pro-BJP perspective, the larger scale and what could be done right now (but is "ongoing"/slow) is just very different to your flash in pan selectivism/feel good:

Simply the reason why I will wait and see what next 10 years actually are before blabbing "superpower" feel good.

I already have spreadsheets showing what actual equity and capital materialises for a relevant current block of years w.r.t market cap in India.

GCF/market cap, P/E ratios and so much more.

i.e specific lag here and why (i.e ramp1 vs ramp2 when it comes to something as basic as corporate credit as %of GDP when comparing the largest peer competitor most similar earlier phase to India)

i.e the structural reasons supporting and determining each ramp, and the underlying weights of those and both govt and corporate role in that (and their relative misunderstanding, status quo and dereliction of it w.r.t the basic subtractive analysis between the ramps)

The overall larger psyche and realised propensity of large caps and large govt policy levers and thus the proven void % they so far abscond on to its large degree....as it is phenomenon that likes to match the 1% to 1% and then the 10% to the 10% (to some economy/society outside of India) to its degree .....but leaves the 90% to rot and fend for itself....rather than tending appropriately there first to get a much more concrete cohesive basis for trajectory and inertia as proven by other populations efforts here.

....so a novice's stale opinion (I've seen umpteen times before) on the matter really means very little to me.

Even listening to a fairly pro-BJP perspective, the larger scale and what could be done right now (but is "ongoing"/slow) is just very different to your flash in pan selectivism/feel good:

Simply the reason why I will wait and see what next 10 years actually are before blabbing "superpower" feel good.

You shuld've smoked pot instad of doing this stuff.

Using P/E ratio HDFC must be one of the best companies to invsest in (losses to investors over years). Suzlon should be down in the dumps (gaining strength every year).

a) There are very few opportunities for building 10+ billion companies
b) easy to get approval and support from govt at this time
c) Secure revenue- support for both domestic and export markets
d) Capital markets ready to support multi-billion dollar raises if needed (as proved by Dixon only)

You shuld've smoked pot instad of doing this stuff.

Using P/E ratio HDFC must be one of the best companies to invsest in (losses to investors over years). Suzlon should be down in the dumps (gaining strength every year).

a) There are very few opportunities for building 10+ billion companies
b) easy to get approval and support from govt at this time
c) Secure revenue- support for both domestic and export markets
d) Capital markets ready to support multi-billion dollar raises if needed (as proved by Dixon only)

"Using P/E ratio". I have my own portfolio strategy for India and other countries...P/E is only a part of the whole there.

Completely separate thing to the larger proven picture of the lag phenomenon from market cap to hard number realisation to become anything resembling a superpower downstream...and where P/E collectively fits into that as rule of thumb to explain that larger phenomena (it is not anything resembling an individual investment strategy).

The FDI/GDP ramps were around 4% for East Asia during their earlier equivalent phases, India dawdles at 1% for a reason.

i.e why UP and massive population concentrations of India will take their sweet time to get to the deployed capital per capita of TN (which is already way behind what it could have been).....and why UP/Bihar et al are simply not interested in bringing their bureaucracy up to speed on the matter...... both from their low IQ politics and the cover afforded by deluded feel good blankets like yours, worlds away from that.

Last edited:
"Using P/E ratio". I have my own portfolio strategy for India and other countries...P/E is only a part of the whole there.

Completely separate thing to the larger proven picture of the lag phenomenon from market cap to hard number realisation to become anything resembling a superpower downstream...and where P/E collectively fits into that as rule of thumb to explain that larger phenomena (it is not anything resembling an individual investment strategy).

The FDI/GDP ramps were around 4% for East Asia during their earlier equivalent phases, India dawdles at 1% for a reason.

i.e why UP and massive population concentrations of India will take their sweet time to get to the deployed capital per capita of TN (which is already way behind what it could have been).....and why UP/Bihar et al are simply not interested in bringing their bureaucracy up to speed on the matter...... both from their low IQ politics and the cover afforded by deluded feel good blankets like yours, worlds away from that.

Stop wasting my time. Shoo.
We will see in 10 years. I guess. Nobody is loosing sleep over your analysis though.

Question when will India hit 10 trillion gdp
And 1,0 trillion manufactory gdp

ST Telemedia Global Data Centers (STT GDC) has announced an investment of Rs 26,000 crores (US$ 3.2 billion) into expanding data center capacity by 550 MW across India over the next five to six years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back