Z-10 ME/P deliveries Updates

Yes, I think the PAA may prefer a larger design, not just in response to Ukraine, but that the standard was the AH-1Z.

I know an engineer at Bell, and he was saying that the PAA gave top marks to the Viper's performance in hot temperatures, deserts, and high altitudes. Moreover, Bell was also confident of a cross-sell opportunity in the UH-1Y (85% commonality with the AH-1Z) and Bell-412M (building on the Bell-412EP).

IMO, something like the Z-21, T929, or AH249 would not only provide the extra armor protection and payload, but some additional versatility. You can carry more EW/ECM equipment, possibly small cruise missiles, a greater sensor load (mmW), etc.

For anything smaller (5-7-ton-range), one's likely better off investing in a rotary UCAV that can be cheaper to build and easier to replace at scale.
For the time being - I think we should hold off seeing anything in Pakistan until 2026-7

Or the bigger helo?
I feel like both due to funds, some dithering or rather changing priorities for leadership along with changing dynamics the PA is in a wait and watch situation.

The massacres of choppers in Ukraine and the otherwise cost effective nature of UCAVs and FPVs may have them rethinking the investment.
Doubt they have that brains
I don't see much utility of choppers in era of drones and loitering ammunition

They are expensive assets, their scouting and targeting role can easily be done by expandables assets like drones

China Z-10ME would likely to have a Combo Operating Force :
- One Force multiplier with Mast Mounted MWR & other sensors
-Networked with 4-6 units carrying ATGMs e.g CM-502KG.

Now If we add Attack UAVs in equation - the close air support theater scenario becomes interesting.

1712840436298.png

China Z-10ME would likely to have a Combo Operating Force :
- One Force multiplier with Mast Mounted MWR & other sensors
-Networked with 4-6 units carrying ATGMs e.g CM-502KG.

Now If we add Attack UAVs in equation - the close air support theater scenario becomes interesting.

View attachment 32910
Could be drones like the one from Leonardo where the drone helicopters have radars in their nose as well as FLIR turrets, to be able to go forward to attacking targets unmanned; hovering hunters

1l-image-AWHERO.jpg

Need about 100-150 of these machine for Country size of Pakistan
These machines do make a difference

Hopefully Pakistan will get some machines in their inventory in future

Hi,

What is happening in Gaza would have opened the eyes of many a muslim nations---.

Paf may not be the only air force going for the J31---maybe quite a few others---.

Paf will spearhead the procurement and possibly GCC / Saudi arabia etc will follow thru---.

5th gen has changed all aspects of air combat---. Without it---you are better off submitting---.

Hi,

What is happening in Gaza would have opened the eyes of many a muslim nations---.

Paf may not be the only air force going for the J31---maybe quite a few others---.

Paf will spearhead the procurement and possibly GCC / Saudi arabia etc will follow thru---.

5th gen has changed all aspects of air combat---. Without it---you are better off submitting---.
Nah... I feel if Gaza has shown anything, the Arab states are more entrenched with western interests than the interests of their own nations. Pakistan needs to figure out how to completely extricate itself from dependence on GCC ASAP. The dependence on them already showed it was a severe handicap when the forced IK to skip Kuala Lampur conference for their own benefits. They are fully in Indias camp along with US and Israel and have sold Palestinians down the river. They will/have also sold Kashmir. That is the lesson Pakistan should drawn from Gaza.

From Economic stand point Middle east is focused on "Trade & Commerce"
  • Saudia Arabia is focused on their 2030-2034 agenda
  • UAE was ok to Normalize relation with Israel (Against most GCC nations)
  • Qatar is smaller nation
  • Kuwait is smaller nation
  • Bahrain is smaller nation
  • Jordan is well , you know ....smart people know
  • Egypt is racking in 5 Billion to 50 Billion in Aid and focused on mega projects
From a Trade and commerce view point , India has bigger potential to buy oil and gas from GCC countries

Pakistan with our , not so great "Planning" is completely out of picture
We are literally a "No Factor" in 2024 a far cry from 1965 or even 1980's

If you don't have "Status" in world , you will be always neglected when global decisions are made

The tunnel vision is more apparent as we are fully on board to shut doors on PIA an engineering base / company which is the first real introduction to Aviation for many children in Pakistan

We are lucky if we can close this Chopper deal with China and fill the gap where it exist

Last edited:
Nah... I feel if Gaza has shown anything, the Arab states are more entrenched with western interests than the interests of their own nations. Pakistan needs to figure out how to completely extricate itself from dependence on GCC ASAP. The dependence on them already showed it was a severe handicap when the forced IK to skip Kuala Lampur conference for their own benefits. They are fully in Indias camp along with US and Israel and have sold Palestinians down the river. They will/have also sold Kashmir. That is the lesson Pakistan should drawn from Gaza.
How have the GCC compromised the interests of their own nations?

Are they in debt?
Do they lack access to basic facilities?
Do they lack modern amenities?
Are their people unable to find employment?
Are their people afraid of leaving their houses in worry if they will come back alive or not?

Please provide any evidence and not opinion on the above.

Because so far the GCC is prospering - their own citizens are happy and thriving and their own defense is so far stable.

Part of me hopes that the military leadership perceives foreign powers as a threat to its interests (of ruling Pakistan). Hence, they're using some of their shady revenue sources to foot the bill for these arms. I'm not saying this is happening, but given the state of Pakistan's wider economy, I really can't see any other way.
Like Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto's rich friends funded the nuclear weapons program.

They are fully in Indias camp along with US and Israel and have sold Palestinians down the river. They will/have also sold Kashmir. That is the lesson Pakistan should drawn from Gaza.
Hi,

They were always in pakistan's camp---. They trusted pakistan and yet pakistan failed them---.

People critics stated---fight your own wars---.

Otoh---british east india company soldier loved to fight the war for the weaklings in india and never complained---.

Sir---don't blame the gcc for your failures to defend them when THEY FELT they were under threat---.

Everlasting bonds are formed when you send your sons to protect your neighbors property---.

Building relationships amongst neighbors in the world has not changed since our existence on this earth---.

Last edited:
The same way India will pay back it's external debt amounting to $648 billion, Turkeyi with its $500 billion and Egypt with its $168 billion, to name some.
Why did you list out things related to India to me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back