Z-10 ME/P deliveries Updates

Take the previous record and see whenever there is a N-League government, Pakistan's exports have decreased, even during global golden economic period from 2015 to 2018, Pakistan's exports did not grow.
It fell and only recovered to 5 year old level in the last year.

Last edited:
Just to get things again in perspective “In December 2023, SBP Governor Jameel Ahmad stated that Pakistan was scheduled to pay $24.6 billion in foreign debt and debt servicing by the end of June 2024. This figure includes a rollover of $12.4 billion, with $9.3 billion of this amount already confirmed by creditors.” In short taking more loans and paying the old loan off and asking for debt roll overs is not a sane of a prudent strategy and is certainly not a long term workable solution. Need to boost exports, cut down expenditures, and imports of non essential and substitutable goods with local manufacture.

The Circular Debt, PSDP and new big ticket defence procurement in the current economic situation is not sustainable unless supported by more loans. With our negative GDP growth, if we factor in our population growth rates, and narrow tax base, we have little to no hope of repaying our debt.

If Pakistan was a private corp there would have been serious going concern and gearing ratio issues!

My 2c worth

Pakistan debt to gdp is 70% Indian is around 80 US 100+ UK 100+

There is no crisis only mismanagement

And we had a perfect self loathing psychotic to do that

Google the stats than make knowledgeable arguments

... The Circular Debt, PSDP and new big ticket defence procurement in the current economic situation is not sustainable unless supported by more loans. With our negative GDP growth, if we factor in our population growth rates, and narrow tax base, we have little to no hope of repaying our debt.

If Pakistan was a private corp there would have been serious going concern and gearing ratio issues!

My 2c worth
Pakistani GDP growth fluctuates like it does with rest of the world. Its not like it's been minus 3-4% year-after-year for a decade or so.

Mayoosi is haraam.

The biggest and the most experienced political party in Pakistan is the military. Considering that Pakistan is the sole Muslim nuclear power, it has made many many enemies because a certain part of the world can't stand the fact how a dirt poor Muslim country can master nuclear fusion. Many of these enemies also always appear friendly towards Pakistan but behind closed doors, they're all always plotting and planning against the Islamic Republic. It is for that reason Pakistan never shows it's true strengths. It's a long-term game and the main political party has been playing this game since the 1970s.

An example, when NATO entered Afghanistan in 2001, did you notice the silent proliferation of guns in the civilian sector all over the country? Nobody raised an eyebrow.

That's just my own humble opinion. Nothing more.

Yes you are right GDP growth has not been in the negative (average GDP is 4.0% for the last decade versus 4.3% in the region but if u factor in average 0.6% population growth the figure is 3.4%. In the same period external debt has averaged about 29% of our GDP which has now climbed to 34%) since last ten years.

The above financial indicators of the country does not support massive induction of big ticket military items nor war mongering.

Speaking the truth is paramount in any society or religion.

The gun culture in Pakistan did not start with NATO it started with our adventure in Afghanistan back in the 80’s.

As far as who is running what and why the less said the better. We are our own biggest enemies.

My 2c worth

Pakistan debt to gdp is 70% Indian is around 80 US 100+ UK 100+

There is no crisis only mismanagement

And we had a perfect self loathing psychotic to do that

Google the stats than make knowledgeable arguments
Pakistans Debt to GDP ratio is 75% and not 70% in 2022. India’s Debt to GDP ratio is 57% in 2023. As far as US.. PKR is not a global currency of exchange.

Thank you for the “mismanagement” bit. This is exactly what I was pointing in my argument that policy, fiscal, economic, foreign n defence, should be aligned with the health of the country. We, at present, can not and should not dabble our fingers in buying big ticket military equipment.

Pakistans Debt to GDP ratio is 75% and not 70% in 2022. India’s Debt to GDP ratio is 57% in 2023. As far as US.. PKR is not a global currency of exchange.

Thank you for the “mismanagement” bit. This is exactly what I was pointing in my argument that policy, fiscal, economic, foreign n defence, should be aligned with the health of the country. We, at present, can not and should not dabble our fingers in buying big ticket military equipment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240421_060348_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240421_060348_Google.jpg
    441.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
@Mods
Thread may be renamed to
"Pakistan's overall economy , exports and debt repayment challenges ."

---------------------------------------------

Z-10ME - Chinese Answer to US Apache -64

China is displaying the export version of its domestically developed attack helicopter, the Z-10ME, for the first time at the Singapore Air Show, which will be held between February 20 and 25.

In service with the People’s Liberation Army’s (PLA) aviation units, it has extensively been seen in exercises and drills and featured frequently in official publicity material.

The medium-class attack helicopter is seen flying in large formations during training maneuvers on both China’s eastern and western fronts – Taiwan and India. The helicopter is also set to be inducted by the Pakistan military, which was supposed to begin receiving deliveries of the Z-10ME in late 2023.

1713669378284.png

Reports said that the Chinese aircraft was a substitute for the Turkish T129 ATAK helicopter that Islamabad could not acquire due to the lack of approval from the US since it is powered by an American engine.

Pakistan later canceled the project in January 2022.

Interestingly, China is also displaying its first indigenously developed narrow-body commercial airliner, the COMAC C919, for the first time outside the mainland. The plane would also perform a flying display for spectators, among the eight others that also includes an aerial performance by the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) Sarang helicopter aerobatic team.

The Chinese passenger plane’s entry into the global civilian aviation market comes at a time when leading airline manufacturers Boeing and Airbus are “struggling to ramp up production and meet demand for new planes, and Boeing struggling with a string of crises,” Reuters said.

Z-10ME In Singapore Air Show’s Static Display

Handles on X (formerly Twitter) showed the Z-10ME at the static display in a desert light-brown and green color scheme. While the Z-10 would not be participating in a flying display, its primary competitor at the air show appears to be the AH-64E Apache, two of which would also be placed in a static display.

One aircraft would be from the US Army, while the other Apache is an AH-64D from the Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF).

The show’s website does not mention the Apaches either to be taking part in a flying display. However, Boeing would certainly have a massive pavilion and exhibit with possibly a mockup of the Apache, with its executives actively pitching the helicopter to military delegations.

1713669648791.png

The Z-10ME is the export variant of China’s latest attack helicopter, which is already in service with the People’s Liberation Army. It has a range of roughly 1,120 kilometers and an empty weight of around roughly 5,100 kg.

The six-tonne attack helicopter, which occupies pride of place on the outdoor static display, has been brought to the show by the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) and the China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC). We are targeting sales in Middle East, Southeast Asia and South America, a company official who did not wish to be named told AMR. The official added that the helicopter carried an affordable price tag with an offer for Transfer of Technology (ToT) if needed. The Z-10ME made its first public appearance in China in 2018 but at that time did not feature the millimetre-wave fire control radar or extensive self-protection systems now on display.

The unit on display also appears to be bristling with sensors and defensive equipment, including a mast-mounted fire control radar, nose-mounted electro-optical/infrared sensor turret, an infrared exhaust suppressor and other devices that may represent countermeasure dispensers.

1713669298205.png

The helicopter being shown at the airshow carries the Serial No. Z10ME-02 and appears to be the second company owned prototype. The Z-10ME is being displayed alongside a wide-variety Chinese produced munitions, including FS70B aerial blast fragmentation rockets, GR5 guided rockets, TY-90 air-to-air missile, CM-502KG air-to-surface missiles. The helicopter is fitted with a chin-mounted 23mm cannon and a nose-mounted EO pod, in addition to a millimetre-wave fire control radar.

The helicopter on display featured two-rocket pods which can together accommodate 14 rockets on the inner stub wings, followed four TY-90 air-to-air missiles and CM-502KG air-to-surface missiles on the underwing pylons. It can also be configured to carry 16 Anti-Tank missiles or four seven-barrel rocket launcher or two 19-barrel rocket launchers.

It fires a 23-millimeter chin-mounted cannon and four external hardpoints that can hold air-to-ground, air-to-air, and rocket launchers. Both the left and the right-hand-side weapons stubs can carry up to 16 anti-tank guided missiles (ATGM), four multiple 7-barrel rocket launchers, or two multiple 32-barrel rocket launcher pods, depending on the nature of the mission.

Together with the Z-10ME, a wide selection of compatible munitions, including the CM-502KG air-to-surface missiles, TY-90 air-to-air missiles, GR-5 guided rockets, FS70B aerial blast fragmentation rockets, and 23mm high explosive incendiary ammunitions, were displayed at the Singapore Airshow.

1713670361981.png

The Z-10ME also features what looks like missile approach warning sensors on the side chin, under the weapons stubs, a sand filter for the engine intakes, and heavier armor to withstand small arms fire.

The Z-10ME exhibited in Singapore was fitted with the Yu Huo millimetre wave fire-control radar mounted over the rotor, providing an all-weather capability.

1713670383606.png

Competitor To AH-64 Apache?

Chinese media claims the Z-10 is easier to maintain, has greater range, and is faster and more maneuverable than the Eurocopter Tiger. As of 2022, some of the Z-10s stationed in the border facing India were reported to be flying with an engine developed in cooperation with French engine maker Safran Helicopter Engines.

1713669560346.png
1713669587557.png

The power plant is capable of supporting operations in high-altitude and ratified atmosphere. It is not clear if the rest of the Z-10s with the PLA or the export-oriented Z-10ME also fly with the same power plant.

Nevertheless, the presence of a millimeter wave radar on the mast, above the main rotors, suggests the Z-10 is somewhere largely designed to be comparable to the American AH-64 Apache’s Longbow variant.

The systems are fire-control radars that target and guide many of the long-range anti-tank missiles and other air-to-ground munitions.

1713669471700.png

Zhao DaShuai, a member of China’s People’s Armed Police (PAP) Propaganda Bureau on X (formerly Twitter said in a post, “Components made from better materials that can withstand more heat and pressure are all factors in squeezing more power into an engine.”

This hints that China, like India, is struggling with the niche metallurgical sciences that make successful aero engines – a technology mastered by the US, UK, France, and Russia.

Beijing, however, is still largely ahead of India in possessing a diverse series of operational jet engines like the WS-10 and WS-12 for fighters and the WZ-16 turboshaft engines for helicopters.

Last edited:
Stay on topic guys

Yes you are right GDP growth has not been in the negative (average GDP is 4.0% for the last decade versus 4.3% in the region but if u factor in average 0.6% population growth the figure is 3.4%. In the same period external debt has averaged about 29% of our GDP which has now climbed to 34%) since last ten years.

The above financial indicators of the country does not support massive induction of big ticket military items nor war mongering.

Speaking the truth is paramount in any society or religion.

The gun culture in Pakistan did not start with NATO it started with our adventure in Afghanistan back in the 80’s.

As far as who is running what and why the less said the better. We are our own biggest enemies.

My 2c worth
Pakistan has to defend itself especially when on one side of the border the enemy screams akhand bharat while on the other side, they want KPK and Balochistan as their own provinces.

Political instability, and a refocus on domestic consumption over export growth, which is a hallmark of PMLN.
These turds are asking people to export and then saying get full advance payment…

Regardless, the Z-10s coming or not is more on the side of being able to accommodate additional Chinese loans and their payments

Does anyone of you know more??

I must admit, I got similar „rumours“ or at least hints that the first Z-10MEs have been secretly delivered in April I think, but so far I did not hear any credible confirmation - as such this would be the first - and even more, no images are available. And you all know, only "seeing is believing"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back