US Perspective on the Iran - Israel / US War

I wonder what the "threat" really was that necessitated a rapid scramble of the planes back to CONUS.

If it was the threat of Iranian missiles, then that tells me the missile threat has not been sufficiently neutralized.

does iran really have missiles that can reach UK? Even if they did, i don't think they will try lobbing at the UK, let alone US

Probably there is alternate plan so maybe those r not needed, and for safety they were sent back, maybe uk is not safe (domestic)

Refuelers were aplenty parked in mideast/israel and they did not get targetted either recently.

i think they really want a deal from trump right now, theyre squeezed economically and these new sanctions are hurting them alot
 
I wonder what the "threat" really was that necessitated a rapid scramble of the planes back to CONUS.

If it was the threat of Iranian missiles, then that tells me the missile threat has not been sufficiently neutralized.
Let's look at the facts...

What does it suggest to you that Iran has repaired and reinforced the entrances to its underground missile bases?

What is the significance of the visual confirmation that at least two new underground missile bases have been built during these months of war?

What are the implications of the fact that, since the end of hostilities, there has been visual confirmation of only two flights over Iranian airspace—one being the famous Israeli R06 (a stealth UAV) near Tehran, and a single Super Hornet over Chabahar (a port city)?

What are the consequences of Iran replacing all its radar-guided anti-aircraft systems with passive infrared systems—such as the AD08, Azarakash, or Qaem118?

What is glaringly obvious from outside the United States is that Donald J. Trump didn't stage a coup; you elected him yourselves, and you are heading for disaster. But hey, don't let that spoil the party. They're unarmed—go right in!
 
Frankly, I've given up and so have quite a few in my other circles:

View attachment 218504
To be fair i think we were fairly safe and quiet for the past 20 years or so after the height of the Iraq war and unless im wrong sounds like Vance is speaking for the White House again telling the Iranians they can keep enriching uranium as long as its not 60 percent I think at this point Iranians will say hey we weren’t seeking a nuclear weapon anyway but drop all sanctions release our funds and we can go back what are quiet nonexistent relationship we had from before honestly sounds like a white flag face saving from the White House
 
Since I seem to have been perma-banned from the Iranian thread for some reason, I'll post this latest update here:

Crude oil Gulf exports have now fully rebounded to pre-war levels, even exceeding them by some reports, despite Iranian oil not being allowed to pass through at all.


However, other products such as LNG and other oil derivatives are still much lower than pre-conflict levels, and that likely has more to do with the refineries and gas installation being damaged by Iranian attacks than anything related to the straits.

What strategic benefit does choking off the Hormuz strait provide Iran going forwards if this keeps up? It seems like that leverage is becoming less and less consequential as time passes by.
 
Also, since Iran's ships have been barred from going through, only the remaining float oil they have currently at sea which passed through the strait before the blockade was reimposed in July, is left for them to sell, and that supply is set to completely be gone this month.

Once the remaining barrels are sold, they won't have anymore oil money coming in, and those sales are their biggest source of income and provides more than a third of their total budget. Payments usually clears within 2months, so they'll still have injection of payments until December, if they can actually transfer the money from China, which I'm not sure if they can right now according to their president.

Looks like the Hormuz strategy may backfire, Trump's reverse UNO card play will matter much more in the coming months as the Iranian regime runs out of cash.
 
Other interesting facts I ran across while going through some articles,

-UAE is constructing two new port terminals in Fujairah to bypass Hormuz and significantly expand container handling capacity, but those won't be complete for another 2 years.
-Oil producers outside the Gulf have increased their output by 2.5mbd in the past few weeks and climbing, mostly from Brazil and USA, and a few other smaller players.

Looks like the biggest crunch is mostly increasing diesel refinement capacity, that's the the most pertinent problem to solve right now.
 
Since I seem to have been perma-banned from the Iranian thread for some reason, I'll post this latest update here:

Crude oil Gulf exports have now fully rebounded to pre-war levels, even exceeding them by some reports, despite Iranian oil not being allowed to pass through at all.


However, other products such as LNG and other oil derivatives are still much lower than pre-conflict levels, and that likely has more to do with the refineries and gas installation being damaged by Iranian attacks than anything related to the straits.

What strategic benefit does choking off the Hormuz strait provide Iran going forwards if this keeps up? It seems like that leverage is becoming less and less consequential as time passes by.
Problem is it might take actual years to refill the reserves all of these western countries have released past year to make up for the shortfall prewar levels doesn’t do it and as we see clearly Houthis are shutting down Saudi Arabia’s pumps and refineries at will and now Iranians have gone back on the offensive in a bad way in the straits I think they were playing nice before now they are putting these tankers out of commission regardless if it takes the lives of some Indians(not being racist it just seems like many of these ships are run by Indians)that last heavy round has basically made those sailors question if the reward outweighs the risk
 
Since I seem to have been perma-banned from the Iranian thread for some reason, I'll post this latest update here:

Crude oil Gulf exports have now fully rebounded to pre-war levels, even exceeding them by some reports, despite Iranian oil not being allowed to pass through at all.


However, other products such as LNG and other oil derivatives are still much lower than pre-conflict levels, and that likely has more to do with the refineries and gas installation being damaged by Iranian attacks than anything related to the straits.

What strategic benefit does choking off the Hormuz strait provide Iran going forwards if this keeps up? It seems like that leverage is becoming less and less consequential as time passes by.

you're not the only who they don't like.
They remove anyone they don't like or doesn't blindly tow their viewpoints.
That thread is just their echo chamber where only they can be correct, the entire world be damned.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Haz
Since I seem to have been perma-banned from the Iranian thread for some reason, I'll post this latest update here:

Crude oil Gulf exports have now fully rebounded to pre-war levels, even exceeding them by some reports, despite Iranian oil not being allowed to pass through at all.


However, other products such as LNG and other oil derivatives are still much lower than pre-conflict levels, and that likely has more to do with the refineries and gas installation being damaged by Iranian attacks than anything related to the straits.

What strategic benefit does choking off the Hormuz strait provide Iran going forwards if this keeps up? It seems like that leverage is becoming less and less consequential as time passes by.
I am not a mod of that section so cannot confirm if you have or have not been perma-banned. The mods of that section post in the thread as I do over there.

So long as you are polite, adhere to forum rules, and not trolling or spamming in this thread, things will be fine. I just take a dim view to spamming. Especially with all of the Twitter nonsense.
 
you're not the only who they don't like.
They remove anyone they don't like or doesn't blindly tow their viewpoints.
That thread is just their echo chamber where only they can be correct, the entire world be damned.
To be fair I don’t know why @Haz was banned from that thread but there are competing views sometimes from individuals who are adamantly pro iranian but make many degrading remarks over performance the same can be said about the Syrian thread and if you make any comments about the current people leading that government(they might stay in forever for all I know or actually have elections to be announced whenever Palestinians ever decide to hold elections 😆)those moderators get extremely offended same at the Turkish thread and so on can’t just say the Iranian thread Yemen thread is a tug and war effort I do agree it gets out of hand but you can’t just point a finger at one
To be fair the Iranian thread at least admits to failures and successes where they find it many other threads are so boring 🥱 because they fully stick to the nationalist angle never admitting to any failure same with the Turkish thread and etc to be fair I’m not on the Pakistani thread other than to see if jf 17 has evolved into an even better aircraft Kaan aircraft as well on the Turkish side ok I derailed the thread with my long post lol
 
I am not a mod of that section so cannot confirm if you have or have not been perma-banned. The mods of that section post in the thread as I do over there.

So long as you are polite, adhere to forum rules, and not trolling or spamming in this thread, things will be fine. I just take a dim view to spamming. Especially with all of the Twitter nonsense.
Man people say things a lot shorter and concise than I ever will..oh snap that was short
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Country Watch Latest

    Back
    Top