Alien: Romulus | Official Trailer

Alien 3 was Sigourney Weaver´s film and was really disgusting. Only Alien 1 was really good, and Alien 2 was a videogame like film, really.

I thought it was good so did many others. Yes Newt died but the whole thing of a prison colony being at the mercy of an alien with no means of fighting back was novel. They also introduced the 'dog alien' which is a subspecies of the alien species as it was born from a canine.

Alien 3 was Sigourney Weaver´s film and was really disgusting. Only Alien 1 was really good, and Alien 2 was a videogame like film, really.
Never mind, I like Sigourney as actress, i like SF but not nitty picky about geek made standards and criteria for movies acceptance..

Never mind, I like Sigourney as actress, i like SF but not nitty picky about geek made standards and criteria for movies acceptance..
Agreed at this point. She did crazy good too in Ghostbusters. She is really good in most of her films.

Cuz it ain’t canon…..(Qanoon)

It took me a while to figure out Ridley Scott’s brain. Hes totally hit da jackpot with the new plot since Prometheus. That the AI android is da culprit…..👌

Very wicked.

I think most Alien fans, including myself, hate that twist. That is one of the reasons why Covenant was so hated by fans.

The answer behind the scariest monster in the universe is ... a faulty toaster!

Wow, how to reduce a potential galactic menace to a petty Earthly squabble...

They still need to explain the Christmas reference in every movie...

P.S. The only good thing about Covenant was this kick ass song.

Last edited:
I like covenant because I liked the idea of the engineers and what they represented and what their goals were when they created the aliens themselves. The backstory is interesting to me.

I like covenant because I liked the idea of the engineers and what they represented and what their goals were when they created the aliens themselves. The backstory is interesting to me.

That's the thing!

Prometheus gave us a glimpse into the origin of the alien. It could have opened up a whole galactic scenario to rival Star Wars.

Then Covenant killed off the story by telling us the faulty toaster from Earth did it.

Ridley Scott has some weird backstory in his mind involving Jesus. That is why every Alien movie happens on or around Christmas. That would be an interesting twist what that story is.

That's the thing!

Prometheus gave us a glimpse into the origin of the alien. It could have opened up a whole galactic scenario to rival Star Wars.

Then Covenant killed off the story by telling us the faulty toaster from Earth did it.

Ridley Scott has some weird backstory in his mind involving Jesus. That is why every Alien movie happens on or around Christmas. That would be an interesting twist what that story is.

Agree - it was Prometheus I was thinking about - my bad.

Another "wokefest"

Screenshot 2024-06-06 at 00-30-40 Alien Romulus Official Trailer.png
I didn't like the trailer.

As an Aliens franchise fan since elementary school(yes,I used to watch the movies on VCR and later started buying comics),I gotta say:

The Alien franchise has been hit and miss.
  1. Alien (fantastic)
  2. Aliens (fantastic)
  3. Alien 3 (yawn fest, why did they kill off Newt?)
  4. Alien Resurrection (surprisingly good)
  5. Prometheus (yawn fest, in space no one can replace Ripley)
  6. Alien: Covenant (disaster, universal disgust from fans)
  7. Alien: Romulus (let's see)
1 and 2 are classic,the third with all its flaws,is a depressingly ok movie.
Alien 4...what do you mean surprisingly good? :P lol it was a disaster. As an action movie,it's ok but as an Aliens movie,it sucked.

Prometheus and Alien:Covenant were very good as non-Alien franchise movies. I enjoy watching them,but not as "Aliens" movies. The AVP movie franchise no no.

The "mating" scene between the Trilobite and the Engineer in Alien Prometheus sometimes still haunts my dreams.
I thought the Engineer would be a good match to fight it,but...

No Sigourney Weaver no Allien movie worth of watching.
I can't disagree but that's not necessarily true. I mean if you're talking about new movies. If a movie is good and the plot is taken from one of the '90s books,comics or graphic novels and they stay true to it,then it could be a good movie.

Looks great, but is it me or have they taken way too much from the first movie? The premise is the same i.e. one crew member 'births' an alien and it proceeds to hunt the crew down. The key difference here is that they do have advanced weapons.
I agree. It's like a dumb remake of the first movie,just like "The Force Awakens" was a actually a remake of the "A New Hope",pretending it was not.

I think most Alien fans, including myself, hate that twist.
I agree,I prefer it to be left as a mystery.

I think most Alien fans, including myself, hate that twist. That is one of the reasons why Covenant was so hated by fans.

The answer behind the scariest monster in the universe is ... a faulty toaster!

Wow, how to reduce a potential galactic menace to a petty Earthly squabble...

They still need to explain the Christmas reference in every movie...

P.S. The only good thing about Covenant was this kick ass song.
Bhai the totally badmash reality that AI has a sinister mind of its own. And that every time this AI has 'malfunctioned'.......it cunningly ties into our worst fears on AI.

Thank God Riddly Scott is British and not Humreeki, otherwise Alien Franchise would've also had an armageddon/ Apocalyptic/ Zionist theme. Starwars I can't watch bro.

Alien 4...what do you mean surprisingly good? :p lol it was a disaster. As an action movie,it's ok but as an Aliens movie,it sucked.

The whole idea is that the alien takes its characteristics from the host: alien from a human host is humanoid, alien from a dog is doglike. Resurrection gave it the ability to give live birth because it had Ripley's genetics. That could have taken the alien story to a new direction where it can replicate without needing a host.

Plus, Ripley was a total badass alien killer again.

I agree,I prefer it to be left as a mystery.

Yeah, personally I also would have preferred for the alien's origins to remain a mystery for as long as possible. The anticlimactically humanoid Engineers were a disappointment to me.

There's a 'hold my beer' joke about Ridley Scott telling George Lucas, 'so they say you ruined Star Wars? here, hold my beer'.

Bhai the totally badmash reality that AI has a sinister mind of its own. And that every time this AI has 'malfunctioned'.......it cunningly ties into our worst fears on AI.

It shrinks the alien story from a galactic adventure to a petty Earthly squabble.

WE may think that AI is all that but, on a galactic scale with imaginable alien civilizations and their capabilities, our silly little AI is likely to be an insignificant nonevent. Our AI is nothing more than glorified pattern matching and data mining.

Last edited:
The whole idea is that the alien takes its characteristics from the host: alien from a human host is humanoid, alien from a dog is doglike. Resurrection gave it the ability to give live birth because it had Ripley's genetics. That could have taken the alien story to a new direction where it can replicate without needing a host.

Yeah, personally I also would have preferred for the alien's origins to remain a mystery for as long as possible. The anticlimactically humanoid Engineers were a disappointment to me.

It shrinks the alien story from a galactic adventure to a petty Earthly squabble.

WE may think that AI is all that but, on a galactic scale with imaginable alien civilizations and their capabilities, our silly little AI is likely to be an insignificant nonevent. Our AI is nothing more than glorified pattern matching and data mining.
AI is all that bhai.......there are conferences on this with alarming regularity with all the tech bigwigs of the industry in attendance. Starting with Hal in 'a space odyssey' with Kubrick highlighting this drama.......waay back in da day. It also seriously ties into our poor people here on this forum talking about EfF-sola and lay-pudd tank and Eff-thurrtty faav no? Within da decade all this junk would be piled up at the scrap heap and the ghareeb twiddlin their thumbs on what to do next no?......lol

Idher Japan main AI is becoming mainstream now. People here go out for lunch now to robot restaurants. It's pretty common.

Yes,but for me it sucked. The whole movie concept,the script,everything in that movie. As an Alien movie. As an action flick it wasn't bad. And the cast was pretty good,that was a plus.

There's a 'hold my beer' joke about Ridley Scott telling George Lucas, 'so they say you ruined Star Wars? here, hold my beer'.
It's like they're trying to squeeze as much as they can from both franchises,remember the new Predator movies? They were trash! Predators tried to replicate the first movie,also added those alien dogs,then came that comedy "The Predator"...but man,Prometheus and Covenant were good movies as not part of the Alien franchise. If they had a different monster and no connection to Aliens,they could have been a hit on their own. But nooo they have to squeeze every penny out of old successes...

remember the new Predator movies? They were trash! Predators tried to replicate the first movie,also added those alien dogs,then came that comedy "The Predator"...

I also hate the earlier Predator sequels then Predators was actually quite good. It was similar to Aliens in showing how a group of professionals face the monsters. Personally, I loved the comedy in The Predator, but anyway...

but man,Prometheus and Covenant were good movies as not part of the Alien franchise. If they had a different monster and no connection to Aliens,they could have been a hit on their own. But nooo they have to squeeze every penny out of old successes...

Both Prometheus and Covenant lowered the franchise to idiot level by lazy writers making the characters do stupid things like take off their suit helmets. The characters in earlier Alien movies never acted stupidly just to move the plot along. (The planet in Aliens was specifically terraformed so it was OK to walk without suits.)

Then Covenant became a laughing stock by having slapstick comedy of people slipping on blood not once but twice, and having trained colonists act like scatterbrained suburban housewives.

Then Covenant became a laughing stock by having slapstick comedy of people slipping on blood not once but twice, and having trained colonists act like scatterbrained suburban housewives.
Now hold on,hold on...there were some good moments. I liked the dark atmosphere of the movie. The destruction of the shuttle,the attack in fields,the waterfall scene,the "David,I'm about to **** up your perfect composure" and the destruction of the Engineers in the flashback scene. I was pissed off by the ending.

Oh come on you liked the last Predator movie? That was like...an action comedy thing. It's ridiculous.

Personally,I think the first two movies were masterpieces. And just them. Well...just like Alien and Aliens. Although I do think Alien 3 was ok. Depressing,bittersweet,too dark,but still better than what they make these days :P

Oh come on you liked the last Predator movie? That was like...an action comedy thing. It's ridiculous.

LOL, the group had great chemistry and the dialog flowed smoothly, including the girl.

Also, there is nothing wrong with comedy in an action movie. Arnold is the king of one liners. Here's one of my favorites (he has so many).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back