Alien: Romulus | Official Trailer

Great, this is a movie I've been tracking since I was a child until now

There is only one fantasy series I like and it is Earthsea by Ursula K LeGuin.

She had very strong views on many subjects, which were reflected in her writings, and every time I look at any other English language fantasy series, I remember her critique that most English language fantasy works are just medieval England with dragons.

Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, they're all "just medieval England with dragons". Very unimaginative, very formulaic, very ho hum boring.

Wow!

Just saw Alien Romulus and it is now in my top 3 Alien movies, alongside Alien and Aliens.

Instantly likeable characters: ✔✔✔
Nonstop - and I mean nonstop - action: ✔✔✔
No philosophical bullcrap: ✔
Amazing space graphics: ✔✔
Characters not doing stupid things to move the plot along: ✔✔
Easter eggs galore: ✔✔
Finally a badass female lead worthy of Ripley: ✔✔✔

P.S. As I mentioned before Fede Alvarez already established himself as a genius director with Don't Breathe and he lives up to his fame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waz
Wow!

Just saw Alien Romulus and it is now in my top 3 Alien movies, alongside Alien and Aliens.

Instantly likeable characters: ✔✔✔
Nonstop - and I mean nonstop - action: ✔✔✔
No philosophical bullcrap: ✔
Amazing space graphics: ✔✔
Characters not doing stupid things to move the plot along: ✔✔
Easter eggs galore: ✔✔
Finally a badass female lead worthy of Ripley: ✔✔✔

P.S. As I mentioned before Fede Alvarez already established himself as a genius director with Don't Breathe and he lives up to his fame.

Just about to see it, thanks looking forward to it.
Many have said it is excellent, both audiences and critics. I believe it has a close to 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Just about to see it, thanks looking forward to it.
Many have said it is excellent, both audiences and critics. I believe it has a close to 90% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

You will like it.

It took me a while to understand the British street accents of some of the characters but you guys from the UK would have no problem with it.

• Haha
Reactions: Waz
You will like it.

It took me a while to understand the British street accents of some of the characters but you guys from the UK would have no problem with it.

Haha British street accents nice. Thanks for the heads up.

I hear it is good - but more of a classical/typical Aliens scary monster slasher movie - rather than the world building of Promethus/Covenant - both of which i liked alot ! I will get around to seeing it ( so no spoilers please ).

Saw Romulus today it is a great film. Some good nods to old films but a great thrill based ride.

I get it, Hollywood CEOs wanna bet safe. Still i wish Scott had continued to explore the Prometheus road. We have seen aliens, chest bursts and everything. Let us know more about the engineers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back