Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

I would imagine all avionics will be the same as PAF but weapon package will vary based on what Azeris want and what China is willing to give. For example. If they dont want to give SD-10 or PL-15, Id imagine theynmay get FAAZ-2 Until turkish missiles are ready. If they cant get C802A or CM400, MAYBE turkey sells and allows them to integrate Atmaca. Most standoff weapons will likely be turkish or Pakistani.

Oh we don't need your good wishes for anything. We can manage on our own. And we will. Unlike those who wanna ride on other's coat tails and feel good about themselves.
Hanging on to every foreign nut sack and component, and you not riding on any coat tails. Shameless.

Whats the chances pakistan and china can collaborate to make and sell J-10 eventually from Pakistan to the muslim and central asian market. Chinese if anything are business people. Who knows 😉

Pakistan signs agreement to supply JF-17 Block-III fighter jets to Azerbaijan​

President Aliyev thanks Pakistan, says deal would strengthen military cooperation between both nations

News Desk
September 26, 2024

a jf 17 on display ahead of the ideas 2016 at expo centre photo mohammad noman express

A JF-17 on display ahead of the IDEAS 2016 at Expo Centre. PHOTO: MOHAMMAD NOMAN/EXPRESS

The Pakistan Army announced on Thursday that it has signed a deal with Azerbaijan for the sale of JF-17 Block-III fighter jets, aiming to enhance the airpower capabilities of the Western Asian country.

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) relies heavily on its fleet of Chinese JF-17 Thunder jets, French Mirage aircraft, and ageing American F-16s. In 2022, the PAF also added next-generation Chinese J-10 C fighter jets to its arsenal.

In a statement released on Thursday by the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the military media wing, it was noted that Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev expressed his gratitude for Pakistan’s support, emphasising that this agreement would further solidify the military cooperation between the two nations.

He also highlighted that the deal would foster closer defence collaboration and strengthen the longstanding brotherly relationship between Pakistan and Azerbaijan.

While specific details of the agreement, such as the number of jets and the financial terms, were not disclosed, the ISPR described the JF-17 Block-III as a 4.5-generation, multi-role fighter aircraft equipped with an Active Electronically Scanned Array radar and long-range Beyond Visual Range capabilities.

This cutting-edge fighter jet is capable of executing a wide range of combat missions, significantly boosting Azerbaijan's airpower and national security.

The ISPR also provided background on the deal, stating that during his visit to Pakistan in July 2024, President Aliyev was briefed on the JF-17 Block-III’s combat capabilities and operational versatility.

Following his visit and at the request of the Azerbaijani government, Pakistan deployed a PAF contingent to Baku to participate in ADEX-2024. The event featured both aerial demonstrations and a static display of the JF-17 Block-III, showcasing the fighter jet's prowess.

During the deployment, the JF-17 performed air-to-air refuelling from Pakistan's Multi-Role Tanker Transport (MRTT) aircraft, demonstrating the fighter jet's long-range capabilities by flying to Baku in a single sortie.

President Aliyev later inspected the static display and witnessed a live aerial performance, which highlighted the agility and manoeuvrability of the JF-17, as well as the professional skills of Pakistan's pilots.

Now all the news channels in Pakistan are reporting the same citing the source from ISPR. As you know the ISPR is the most official source possible from Pakistan military.

Apparently it’s the Pakistani JF-17 model on display at Adex 2024. I think none of the JF-17 have been delivered to Azerbaijan as yet otherwise we would have seen a picture of it.
—————-
Excerpt from Geo news

Under President Aliyev’s visit and at the request of the government of Azerbaijan, Pakistan deployed a Pakistan Air Force (PAF) contingent at Baku to participate in ADEX-2024 showcasing the aerial prowess and static display of pride of Pakistan JF-17 Thunder Block-III.

President Aliyev visited the static display of JF-17 BLOCK-III and later witnessed its enthralling aerial demonstration, showcasing the agility and manoeuvrability of the fighter jet alongside the professional competence of PAF pilots.

I don’t think this is anything more than some random twitter post.

I’m sure the weapons package will be what was displayed with the aircraft. What would be the logic when Block 3 already has SD-10A and PL-10E integrated? The time it would take to integrate Turkish missiles that has not even entered serial production, if it would be possible at all with a Chinese radar, make no sense to me.

View attachment 67372

That's exactly what I said.
"I doubt there will be any experimentation"
"Overall Azeris JF-17 Block IIIs should be same as PAF JF-17 BIIIs"

I told about turkish ECMs which is already integrated with Jeffs. Also I said that missiles could be integrated as some sources suggest. Not immediately, ofcourse whenever those missiles and integrations will be completed. You might be aware that PAF itself is working on its own AAMs (with possible turkish involvements). Any such new AAMs are destined to go on JF-17s which is bulk of PAF. Something to replace SD-10s for even longer range & performance.

Pakistan should also sell the JF-17s to the Indian Air Force seeing how the LCA Tejas has been an abject failure.

This will strengthen peace and cordial relations in South Asia and promote trade ties while helping lower tensions in the region.

• Haha
Reactions: FHN

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back