Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

Argentina got a Zionist bootlicker as their president. Those F16s will never be able to protect Argentinian soverinity as that nation may wish. And I think UK played its part as well to stop Jf17 sell. I mean all these weapon sold to Azerbaijan with their standoff capabilities, if Argentina had the same, UK position on Falklands would have become highly compromised.

Iraq is a good shout but they would need the same number of JFs PAF is operating to act as a deterrence against Isreal, small number wont do.

If you look at what's happening in Ukraine, modern A.D is a bitch

That's not to say a solid air force is defunct, but it seems mid tier planes have no real advantage over older F16s for example

For most air forces having a plane like the JF17s that's more economical to fly and maintain, can do the jobs most other aircraft can do
Has only 15 minutes turnaround from landing to being able to fly again (check other jets) and you can kit out with a range of rek kits and glide bombs and cruise and anti ship missiles is a more sensible solution then a few higher priced mid tier planes

I don’t know what to tell you other than that it doesn’t get more official than that. Unless you are saying that Azerbaijan government is outright lying. For what reason, maybe you know better than me because it’s absurd.

I don’t see Pakistani flag there. And it’s standard JF-17 livery.

Like I feared and again I can only hope you don't rate it an insult; even more I never said, the "Azerbaijan government is outright lying", but the exact text on the official site says only "The jets have already been integrated into the arsenal of Azerbaijan's Air Force", not THIS specific one ... and concerning a Pakistani flag; the flag on the tail is indeed not but the roundel is clearly visible!

clearly PAF JF-17C.jpg

Like I feared and again I can only hope you don't rate it an insult; even more I never said, the "Azerbaijan government is outright lying", but the exact text on the official site says only "The jets have already been integrated into the arsenal of Azerbaijan's Air Force", not THIS specific one ... and concerning a Pakistani flag; the flag on the tail is indeed not but the roundel is clearly visible!

View attachment 67098

No one is offended. Thanks for explanation.

This at least 100% confirms a contract for JF-17 Block 3.

And I’m guessing the aircrafts are in Azerbaijan with Pakistani instructors to train Azerbaijani pilots.

IMG_1238.jpeg

"with Pakistani instructors to train Azerbaijani pilots."

View attachment 67101
Not just pilots but ground crews too would need some training.

Either way I personally would consider it a confirmation of Jeff inclusion into Azerbaijani Airforce. All we need now is one with an Azeri flag on it.

I don’t know what to tell you other than that it doesn’t get more official than that. Unless you are saying that Azerbaijan government is outright lying. For what reason, maybe you know better than me because it’s absurd.

PS: Minister of defence and airforce commander is also present.
But the official webpage of president of Azerbaijan has already announced. Right ?

But the official webpage of president of Azerbaijan has already announced. Right ?

They have confirmed the procurement, yes.

But I stand corrected on the fact that at least the aircraft in photos is from PAF. However, it’s not related to ADEX like previously claimed.

They have confirmed the procurement, yes.

But I stand corrected on the fact that at least the aircraft in photos is from PAF. However, it’s not related to ADEX like previously claimed.
Then may be some translation related issues.

Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms​

Picture of Global Defense Insight
Global Defense Insight
Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

Havelsan Banner
Azerbaijan Air Force is now officially the fourth operator of JF-17 multi-role fighter aircraft. The president’s office confirmed in a statement.

“President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev was presented JF-17C (Block-III) multirole fighter jets on September 25, at Heydar Aliyev International Airport. These advanced, lightweight, all-weather aircraft, designed for both day and night operations, were developed as a joint venture between Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra, and Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation of China.

The jets have already been integrated into the arsenal of Azerbaijan’s Air Force.

Defense Minister of the Republic of Azerbaijan, Colonel General Zakir Hasanov reported to Supreme Commander-in-Chief Ilham Aliyev. Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister and Chairman of the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board, Air Vice Marshal Hakim Raza provided details about the aircraft’s tactical and technical specifications, operational guidelines, and key performance indicators.

The JF-17C (Block-III) is a single-engine multirole combat aircraft known for its air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities, as well as its high maneuverability at medium and low altitudes, making it notable for its effective firepower”

Wow!
It's a great news. By President's website statement it seems more than likely that Azerbaijan is infact integrating the JF-17.

I was wondering that website isn't saying that Azerbaijan has purchased or procured JF-17s but rather it says These aircrafts were "presented" to the President.... So I searched old news and I found this is the wording they use for other procurement as well in the past.

See below:

Furthermore, the JF-17 news says that "Jets have been already integrated". So that means some work was already done there.

About serial numbers of PAF. It could be possible (I could be wrong though) that first few jets are provided from the production line that was intended for PAF.

Fantastic!

Another success story.

Looking at pics, these birds are fully lock stock and barrel. SD10, PL10, REKs, anti ship.... all standoff ranges covered, air land and sea.

Indeed, However I doubt that Azerbaijan has any need for Anti-ship. I think they will solely for air to air and air-to ground.

Indeed, However I doubt that Azerbaijan has any need for Anti-ship. I think they will solely for air to air and air-to ground.

They have Caspian sea shores and their oil/gas rigs to protect.

PS: Minister of defence and airforce commander is also present.

Can you not see the tail number??

17272536102092652106_1200x630.jpg

or the PAF roundel??

17272536106540146177_1200x630.jpg

17272536105928617917_1200x630.jpg

17272536105791717188_1200x630.jpg

What's the PAF Black Panther squadron's inlet cover doing on this JF-16 Blk3 if it's an Armenian JF-17?

Can you not see the tail number??

17272536102092652106_1200x630.jpg

or the PAF roundel??

17272536106540146177_1200x630.jpg

17272536105928617917_1200x630.jpg

17272536105791717188_1200x630.jpg

These particular aircrafts could be just for display of performance & armaments. OR it could be possible that first few aircrafts are provided from the production line that was intended for PAF. As 320 is the very recent aircraft coming out of Kamra production line.

The official website of Azerbaijan President has given the following news. You can deduce whatever from it. To me it really looks that Azeris are aquiring JF-17s. I don't ever trust non-official sources. Following is the offical source:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back