Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

Do we really need again almost exactly the same thread for exactly the same topic!

Let's not drag Tejas in this.
AFIK After 30 nos there is no pending order of Block 3 from PAF.
When PAF told you they didn't gave further orders of JF 17 Block III

Such down right filthy language doesn't suit you, atleast maintain basic decency and decorum on the forum
Absolutely, it was an unwarranted response and has been resolved. Although I maintain my opinion on these certain individuals.

They refuse any positive development as if it will lose them their salary

You choosing the wrong hill to die on when more pictures start coming out. Maybe its you who is too proud to admit that the rumors circulating of the acquisition were true. Just like how the KAAN was supposed to be a fake project for tricking people domestically. lol

Sorry my friend and dear colleague, but why always mis-reading what I say?

So, how often do I need to re-post the same phrase? ... it's not denying this deal, this aircraft or whatever. It's only that some of you are always jumping immediately the wagon - as if there is no grey between black & white - and the same with so many issues recently:
  • Kaan is out and flew --> so it is already ready, the ruler of whatever and better than anything! (to question that there is still a long way to go and a lot can go wrong is forbidden, almost a blasphemy!)
  • Egypt reports about a secret fighter "agreement" with China --> so it is already clear, J-10C will come, licence for J-31 is granted ... will produce it for the whole ME!!! (to question that there is NO confirmation, that it is just a vague "agreement" and no written contract and that it does not fit the general timeline is irrelevant or again almost a blasphemy!)
  • Azeri shows a JF-17C --> so it is already ready, fully operational the best of the best and so on, "we already knew it since years"!! (but to note that it still has and to question why it has PAF markings is not allowed, suspicious, could not mean "it is a PR story and they will come later" this is forbidden and again almost a blasphemy!)

How about pakistan. ?
You need to understand that defence deals do not happen publicly in Pakistan. The jet or the tank will simply appear fully painted in front of cameras whenever they feel like showing it.

At most, you'll see the occasional leaked image from a driver/pilot/technician during the testing phase.

Just see how J-10 acquisition was publicised. Some random air commodore confirms it in a speech at a university.

So pakistan is selling JF 17 Block 3 from its own inventory ? They have only 30 Block 3.
This will raise many questions..
Exactly.

The three JF-17 Blk 2 of Nigerian air Force were also transferred from PAF inventory (out of 62 Blk 2 produced).

How about pakistan. ?
Oddly enough, Nigerian pilots and techs were roaming around the halls of PAC well before any inkling of a deal was in the air - so the “evaluation” was underway which then slowly started leaking out. However, the Nigerian deal was announced after their first JF-17 was already on the line and that is fine if the buyer requests it that way.

You can actually have training and progress without the announcement. I attended a strategy event for a client with whom I’m closing a fairly large deal - and even though it’s still sitting with procurement and legal they consider it done.

Now, can someone throw a wrench in there?
Very likely, this is what happened to a deal with HCL I nearly closed until some wanker said they could do it in house (and they couldn’t) but that is normal.

The same goes for done deals too - Take the Pakistani AH-1Zs - 12 ready for delivery and less than a month left to ferry them all falls apart because of Trump. Now they’re being pushed to Slovakia and even Ukraine wants them.

A reasonable start 12 Unit of JF17 Block III

Considering the country size and potential
They should operate at least 70-120 JF17 Block III

A reasonable start

1.5 Billion USD sale by China/Pakistan Aeronautical Complex

Would mean Pakistan would get around 750 Million USD from the deal

Again a great success story for JF17 Program - Joint Venture between China and Pakistan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back