Babur-Class (MILGEM) Corvette | Updates & Discussion

However, others have saod phalanx from Type 21s was going to be installed. However, from. My count, 3 of the 4 systems have been installed already on other ship (1 on alamgir and 2 on Yarmooks). So the mystery remains.

I think Alamgir came fitted with Phalanx. Not taken from type-21s. F-280 is coming to Pakistan without Turkish CIWS means more of a possibility that phalanx can be used.

I think Alamgir came fitted with Phalanx. Not taken from type-21s. F-280 is coming to Pakistan without Turkish CIWS means more of a possibility that phalanx can be used.
Still would mean 2 phalanx are used in Yarmook batch 1. Possible that the other 2 phalanx could go on first 2 Baburs while 3rd/4th babaur get Gokdeniz or PDMS.

Still would mean 2 phalanx are used in Yarmook batch 1. Possible that the other 2 phalanx could go on first 2 Baburs while 3rd/4th babaur get Gokdeniz or PDMS.

Possible OR perhaps the 2 phalanx may go to Yarmooks batch-II as well.

I don't think Gokdeniz is going to be used in any of the Baburs. However, yes quite possible that PN is waiting for PDMS solution for atleast 4 out of 6 upcoming ships.

pn dockyard typically installs weapons

Last edited:
Two 3×2 vertical launch systems for CAMM-ER missile on Pakistan Navy’s Babur class Milgem corvette. It is first ever platform to be equipped with MBDA Albatros NG air defence system

1717452527879.png

It was my understanding these would be equipped with P282

Bro the last we heard of this was back in 20/21 when it was in development. There hasn't been anything since if I am not wrong.
With the ships arriving soon the Harbah is a tried and tested weapon system and a good fit.
Again guess work here but an anti-ship ballistic missile from a 3,000 ton platform could bring about potential issues.

Two 3×2 vertical launch systems for CAMM-ER missile on Pakistan Navy’s Babur class Milgem corvette. It is first ever platform to be equipped with MBDA Albatros NG air defence system

View attachment 45232

Looks like there's space for way more than 2x (3x2).

We dont know whats below deck though. There may be other systems and piping which would limit the space.

Yep, I think space isn't the issue. The cost is the factor.

We dont know whats below deck though. There may be other systems and piping which would limit the space.

Even if we assume that there are other systems / piping that is limiting the space, that is only because there was no requirement for more missiles. I am sure they could have designed it in a way to allow space for more missiles only If PN had the budget and requirements for such at first place.

These ships will serve for many decades to come. So ideally these should be designed in a way that space won't be an issue for more missiles (for easier future upgrades ).

Yep, I think space isn't the issue. The cost is the factor.

Even if we assume that there are other systems / piping that is limiting the space, that is only because there was no requirement for more missiles. I am sure they could have designed it in a way to allow space for more missiles only If PN had the budget and requirements for such at first place.

These ships will serve for many decades to come. So ideally these should be designed in a way that space won't be an issue for more missiles (for easier future upgrades ).
While i agree, wouldn't it, by that logic, have made sense to install the VLS cells and leave them empty until the requirements or finances permitted?

I think there could be more room below or their may not, but any future upgrades would likely be replacing the each GWS.35 cluster with a 4 cell vls that could quad pack the CAMM-ER giving 8 cells and 32 missiles.

If i can recall, there were Six Phalanx systems on the Tariq Class frigates. Four are earmarked for the Yarmook class and I think some were installed on the Fleet replenishment ship.

Bro the last we heard of this was back in 20/21 when it was in development. There hasn't been anything since if I am not wrong.
With the ships arriving soon the Harbah is a tried and tested weapon system and a good fit.
Again guess work here but an anti-ship ballistic missile from a 3,000 ton platform could bring about potential issues.
theres a storage fac for p282 at pnmc maripur so it definately exists

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back