• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Babur-Class (MILGEM) Corvette | Updates & Discussion

We should wait for P282, it is coming very soon

With the ships arriving they need to be armed. Waiting is not an option due to the crucial role they will play.

I would request you all to be bit patient, things are moving in the right direction. unfortunately, it is delayed but not abandoned or failed

Would a Milgem sized ship be suitable to carry a ballistic anti ship missile like P282?

Would a Milgem sized ship be suitable to carry a ballistic anti ship missile like P282?
P282 is not a ballsitic anti ship hypersonic missile. P282 is going to be a supersonic antiship-CM or LACM.

I hope it is extended range like 600+KM and I hope it is with 450kg warhead equivalent. I hope it is under 3000Kg weight category

P282 is not a ballsitic anti ship hypersonic missile. P282 is going to be a supersonic antiship-CM or LACM.

I hope it is extended range like 600+KM and I hope it is with 450kg warhead equivalent. I hope it is under 3000Kg weight category

P282 is anti ship ballistic missile.
The CM-301 is supersonic anti-ship cruise missiles which Tughrils are equipped with.

Ofcourse it will be suitable. Any ship above 1500 tonnage displacement should easily be able to carry atleast 4 x P282s missiles.

Russian Buyan-M corvette is only 950 tonnage and it can carry upto 8 p-800 Oniks missiles, which are very heavy missiles. P-800 is the same type & size of missile as Brahmos.

Less than 600 tonnage Azmat class FACs carries 6 Harbah missiles. The P-282 will surely be much heavier than Harbah but just trying to make a reference that for 3000 tonnage ship it won't matter at all.

While i agree, wouldn't it, by that logic, have made sense to install the VLS cells and leave them empty until the requirements or finances permitted?

Yes, ideally VLS could have been installed but left empty. But perhaps even the VLS cell has a significant cost attached to it, that's why they didn't took that route.

If i can recall, there were Six Phalanx systems on the Tariq Class frigates. Four are earmarked for the Yarmook class and I think some were installed on the Fleet replenishment ship.
Our Replenishment Ship got 2 of them while 2 are received by PNS-Yarmook & PNS-Tabuk. Remaining two may be fitted to Babar-class Corvettes while PN can easily get two more from USN Surplus stock at much cheaper rates to equip remaining pair of Babar-class.

Our Replenishment Ship got 2 of them while 2 are received by PNS-Yarmook & PNS-Tabuk. Remaining two may be fitted to Babar-class Corvettes while PN can easily get two more from USN Surplus stock at much cheaper rates to equip remaining pair of Babar-class.
May be 4 for OPVs/ Small Corvettes from Damen as 2 more are in the process of construction n may be inducted in a year .

Last edited:
Till now 4 are confirmed . 2 are Inducted while 2 at diff stages of construction .

I personally believe that PN may induct 6-8 of these as they are cost effective .
i can only count 4 , 2 already inducted [PNS Yarmook (F271), PNS Tabuk (F272)] while two are been readied [ PNS Hunain (F273), PNS Yamama (F274)] ... that is all i can count now, what are the other 2 you are talking about?

Latest Posts

Back