Babur-Class (MILGEM) Corvette | Updates & Discussion

India’s Navy is way ahead with more ships, better tech, and floating airbases. It’s a big league game, and India is set to keep dominating the seas.
how many major surface combatant ships that india has? how many of they are of latest generation?

Total Major Surface Combatant Ships:​

India has a fleet of approximately 40-50 major surface combatant ships in active service. This includes:

• Destroyers: Approximately 10-12
  • Frigates: Around 15
  • Corvettes: About 20
  • Aircraft carriers: 2

Latest Generation Ships:​

Out of these, 18 ships are considered to be of the latest generation and are currently in active service. These latest generation ships are equipped with modern weapons, sensors, and technologies, making them highly capable in modern naval warfare.

Ships Under Construction:​

In addition to the active fleet, India has 17 more major surface combatant ships in various stages of outfitting and construction. These upcoming vessels are part of India's efforts to modernize and expand its naval capabilities to meet future security challenges.

In summary, the Indian Navy currently has 18 latest generation major surface combatant ships in active service, with another 17 under construction or being outfitted, contributing to a robust and modern naval force.
Would you plz mind taking this mantra in the threads related to it?

This is a really decent ship, call it corvette or small frigate, does not matter. it has all bells and whistles needed for a modern naval vessel. decently modern and hightech. Good Job PN and thanks Türkiye

This is a really decent ship, call it corvette or small frigate, does not matter. it has all bells and whistles needed for a modern naval vessel. decently modern and hightech. Good Job PN and thanks Türkiye
Overkill for its size of you look at the weapons complement
16 vls was challenge to fit in such a small space, some innovative launch mechanism for that

Only think I would have wished for would have been the RAM short range air defense rather then gun based

16 vls was challenge to fit in such a small space, some innovative launch mechanism for that

Only think I would have wished for would have been the RAM short range air defense rather then gun based
Isn't that a good thing?

Isn't that a good thing?
His criticism is a hidden compliment. All of Türkiye’s important equipments are usually engineered in a way that allows the customer to easily implement future upgrades to maintain a state of the art weapon system overall. This ship has firepower and it will even increase in the near future. For countries like Pakistan with budgetary concerns this option suits perfectly and it serves its purpose within Pakistan's Maritime Doctrine; small but very impactful.

Well... That may yet happen. We do know that a CIWS is supposed to be equipped. It was thought to be Gokdeniz but other Turkish weapons were installed already but still no CIWS. One of 2 reasons for that in my mind. First is that the PDMS Goksur (aka Gokdeniz ER) which uses Bozdogan short range missiles, uses the same mechanisms as the gun based Gokdeniz. It is possible that since the Goksur isnt yet available, the mechanisms are installed ready for the Goksur installation when available.

However, others have saod phalanx from Type 21s was going to be installed. However, from. My count, 3 of the 4 systems have been installed already on other ship (1 on alamgir and 2 on Yarmooks). So the mystery remains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back