Babur-Class (MILGEM) Corvette | Updates & Discussion

Well first things first. You have to get MDAS/MILDAS certified for CAMM-ER. The stated range of the missile is 45+ but Janes reported a while ago that CAMM (stated range 25km +) has been tested out to 60km,so CAMM-ER may infact have an actual range northwards of 80km or more. We dont entirely know.

But after MDAS certification then you could go get 8 cells per Babur. You still need to then MLU the F-22Ps at at least $65M-$80M per ship (if we look at how much is cost for Naresuan class upgrades (2 Ships upgraded with Sea Giraffe Radar, Ceros 200 CMS, two 8 cell Mk41 VLS, the quad pack boxes and missiles for ~$50-60M each) . That was in 2012. And that Naresuan didnt have a deck or SAM system that would need to be removed. It had an empty deck with little. Meaning there will be more labor in F-22p so it will be more expensive.
But still worth it IMHO, to make the F-22P relevant in modern warfare.

If the Turks can’t get the CAMM-ER to fit, hopefully they can get one of their own missiles to meet the same performance parameters and size, and be quad fitted as an alternative.

Last edited:
But still worth it IMHO, to make the F-22P relevant in modern warfare.

If the Turks can’t get the CAMM-ER to fit, hopefully they can get one of their own missiles to meet the same performance parameters and size, and be quad fitted as an alternative.
I dont think its an issue of Fitting them, its more likely an issue of allowing the integration.

1. PN Needs to seek the integration from both Italy and Turkey and be willing to buy MDAS.

2. ITALY needs to approve of the integration.

3. Either Italy or Turkey need to perform the integration.

None of this is actually difficult in my opinion. Their may be some political hurdels but in the way, not least of which is PNs own intentions.

I dont think its an issue of Fitting them, its more likely an issue of allowing the integration.

1. PN Needs to seek the integration from both Italy and Turkey and be willing to buy MDAS.

2. ITALY needs to approve of the integration.

3. Either Italy or Turkey need to perform the integration.

None of this is actually difficult in my opinion. Their may be some political hurdels but in the way, not least of which is PNs own intentions.

I think its about PN's "goals" and what they actually want to achieve. It feels to me that PN is already completely satisfied with whatever they are getting. They are not aiming for more in foreseeable future. The most deadliest arsenal in all the on-going procurement will be the AIP subs. Which will be the true deterrence. I doubt there will be any resources for Surface fleet / different VLS or more missiles per ship at this moment. F-22Ps may get mid-life upgrade but IMO, that will also take some years from now, and probably like Baburs, single tubes for CAMM-ER at 12 missiles/ship max. I don't expect anything further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back