Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

Really? Have a good night sleep then.
BTW, Bangladeshi "Magistrate court" do not take cases related to the constitution of Bangladesh.
Bold of you to assume your theatricals has any effect on my sleep haha... btw the case was against the ex-judge, and not related to constitution of Bangladesh

I would say it's a possibility. Major M Bazlul Huda was slaughtered instead of using usual execution procedure of Bangladesh. Why?

Report mentioned because he directly shot at Mujib while other did not.

Hasina baandi came to politics to avenge her family death and destroyed BD because people were celebrating her family death instead of mourning. It's all recorded.

Were you even alive last time BNP-Jammat was in power?

It was not a glorious chapter in BD history and they were so bad that the BA had to take charge of the country for 2 years.

Let everyone face justice for serious crimes and let us not pre-judge who was worse at this stage. Better to keep an open mind.

Running a third world country is not as easy as a developed one and some of the issue was that they were in power for 15 years in one stretch.

It's a ludicrous to compare democratic BNP-Jamat with Authoritarian Bhrati dalal Awami league.

The government needs to be slow and methodical in making changes to both civil and military bureaucracies.
Wholesale changes can create panic and skills shortages which can compromise governance.

Awami dalals must be uprooted. We cannot make the same mistake that Zia made after the revolution of 75. If Zia had uprooted the Awami dalals, Bangladesh would have been a much better place. It would have been a dalal free nation.

Jamaat e Islam Amir has stated that they are more interested in reforms in the country, instead of a rushed election at this time.

This is a very different stance than BNP and in my opinion the correct one, aligned with national interest and current public sentiment. BNP party men have already committed several blunders since the fall of Hasina. Some local BNP leaders have been acting as if they are the next government elect. They need to be careful because neutral voters are not going to be fooled easily.

Jamaat on the other hand has been very active on social work - helping the injured, getting its party members to protect temples when the police was on strike, holding meetings with Hindu and Budhdhist leaders and so on. The new Jamaat leadership has shown great political maturity.

Jamaat e Islam Amir has stated that they are more interested in reforms in the country, instead of a rushed election at this time.

This is a very different stance than BNP and in my opinion the correct one, aligned with national interest and current public sentiment. BNP party men have already committed several blunders since the fall of Hasina. Some local BNP leaders have been acting as if they are the next government elect. They need to be careful because neutral voters are not going to be fooled easily.

Jamaat on the other hand has been very active on social work - helping the injured, getting its party members to protect temples when the police was on strike, holding meetings with Hindu and Budhdhist leaders and so on. The new Jamaat leadership has shown great political maturity.

I don't want to see BNP in power again. They are not much better than AL.

I agree. But I doubt if Jamaat can win on its own and I don't foresee a third party popping up either. Although things could rapidly change in the coming days. This revolution gave rise to many leaders after all.

The most oppressed party in the last decade and a half was Jamaat and any Islamic party like Hefajot. They lost thousands of party men - killed or otherwise. It is a miracle that Jamaat is still organizationally strong and active.

They are still popular however, they need to sideline the old, corrupt, Awami-minded opportunists from the party and bring in patriotic young leaders. Bangladesh is not easy to govern, it's a small country with a large population and a broken system. We need young, energetic people at the forefront to run the country.

I agree. But I doubt if Jamaat can win on its own and I don't foresee a third party popping up either. Although things could rapidly change in the coming days. This revolution gave rise to many leaders after all.

The most oppressed party in the last decade and a half was Jamaat and any Islamic party like Hefajot. They lost thousands of party men - killed or otherwise. It is a miracle that Jamaat is still organizationally strong and active.

Hefazot are full of incompetent people. Highly illiterate mullahs in Hefazot, they have very little understanding of politics and international affairs. Jamat is competent politically but it will be difficult for them to get a majority. I don't know what the future holds. Biggest challenge are the Indian rats.

There is no inherent reason that parties like Jamat cant win a election.

They just have be more balanced and mature.

Many years ago a Bangladeshi member here in pdf told me that Hasina had a twisted mind and was fond of gory horror/slasher movies. I didn't take it seriously at the time, but after hearing all the horror stories coming out of Aynaghor, it doesn't seem too far fetched.

Agree that exemplary punishment needed for BAL party members. But I am concerned that Yunus is taking too much time to get things rolling. I heard they are finally going to start anti corruption raids.
I strongly doubt it, but in situations like this, the facts come out piece-meal. It will be quite some time before sufficient detail emerges. As we go forward, and such a revealing of detail becomes more and more extensive, you may well be proved to be right.

Hefazot are full of incompetent people. Highly illiterate mullahs in Hefazot, they have very little understanding of politics and international affairs. Jamat is competent politically but it will be difficult for them to get a majority. I don't know what the future holds. Biggest challenge are the Indian rats.

Yeah, Hefajot should remain non-political Islamic org and/or pressure group. Jamaat has professionals within its rank and much better equipped to rule the country.

BNP has many Indian rats withing its ranks. That's a problem any secular party in BD will face. BNP has always been secular, contrary to whatever Indians claim.

@Joe Shearer By "Indian rats" I mean the Indian government and it's policies of interference in BD politics. It's not welcome, it alone created the monster that was Hasina.

@Joe Shearer By "Indian rats" I mean the Indian government and it's policies of interference in BD politics. It's not welcome, it alone created the monster that was Hasina.
I agree 100%. Not with the terminology 'monster', but quite clearly, the Indian wanna-be autocrats helped create an autocrat in SHW.

Sickening.

But they have done sickening things in each and every single aspect of administration. Their having rendered the political atmosphere in Bangladesh toxic should come as no surprise.

I strongly doubt it, but in situations like this, the facts come out piece-meal. It will be quite some time before sufficient detail emerges. As we go forward, and such a revealing of detail becomes more and more extensive, you may well be proved to be right.

Honestly dada, I am just keeping an open mind. I doubt she herself went and slaughtered the guy herself, as many in social media has been posting. But it is clearly evident that he was slaughtered and then his neck was stitched back post-mortem. So clearly the execution was not done following due process.

Besides, someone who can order to kill her own citizens to stay in power, is capable of great evil. Especially towards a person who was alleged to have fired the lethal shot against her father.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back