Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

And you reek of a typical Hindutva bhakt. I have no interest in explaining to you why the Adani deal was a corruption and against the national interest of Bangladesh. Don't bother quoting me again.

Just know this-

"You are a pariot when Bhartis disagree with you and you are a traitor when Bhartis agree with you" Al-Zakir

View attachment 60942

BNP continues with their dumb political moves. The entire country is in a state of emergency due to flood and this guy talking about election roadmap. If there is something as political IQ, BNP leadership has none of it.

I do agree there should be transparency, but no election before major system and constitutional reform.

It just a pressure tactics and reminding that a free and fair election should take place and people should have the right to elect their representatives.

No harm to that.

It just a pressure tactics and reminding that a free and fair election should take place and people should have the right to elect their representatives.

No harm to that.

It's the timing Bhai. Right now half the country is under water, this doesn't give a good impression. I liked how Jamaat Amir has been handling it, they are very active now in the flood relief effort. In politics these things matter.

And you reek of a typical Hindutva bhakt. I have no interest in explaining to you why the Adani deal was a corruption and against the national interest of Bangladesh. Don't bother quoting me again.
It's the typical Bharti Hindutva instinct to slavishly and mindlessly defend their perceived superiors kicking in here. You can't fight such a powerful impulse which has been cultivated in these brainless zombies over countless centuries.

View attachment 60942

BNP continues with their dumb political moves. The entire country is in a state of emergency due to flood and this guy talking about election roadmap. If there is something as political IQ, BNP leadership has none of it.

I do agree there should be transparency, but no election before major system and constitutional reform.
Dumb pressure tactic from BNP.
Interim government should take their time. BNP is nobody compared to BAL we have just tossed out.

Another Awami haram ke pille apprehended. I like how I get to see a good news on daily basis instead of all good news on a same day.

No offence to them but BD nation cannot be toyed around with like ME ones are by the rulers.
Isnt that self contradictory? BD has been under Indian sphere of influence for almost forever and you claim it has more "national structure"?

Ok, now to set the record straight on whether BD is being ripped off by the Adani deal to supply up to 1.6GW of coal power to BD, here are some interesting stats:

"As per the recent data, for the fiscal year 2022-23, Adani Powers 1,600 MW Godda Plant has emerged as the lowest cost electricity producer versus the other similar thermal power plants like Payra, Rampal and Barisal Electric Power.

According to the PDB report, Adanis power generation cost per unit was 10 paisa less than Rampals in the fiscal year 2022-23 and a whooping BDT 5 less than that of Barisal Electric Power, which produced the most expensive power among the four coal-based plants. The Payra plants power cost was BDT 2 more expensive than Godda."

Ok, now to set the record straight on whether BD is being ripped off by the Adani deal to supply up to 1.6GW of coal power to BD, here are some interesting stats:

"As per the recent data, for the fiscal year 2022-23, Adani Powers 1,600 MW Godda Plant has emerged as the lowest cost electricity producer versus the other similar thermal power plants like Payra, Rampal and Barisal Electric Power.

According to the PDB report, Adanis power generation cost per unit was 10 paisa less than Rampals in the fiscal year 2022-23 and a whooping BDT 5 less than that of Barisal Electric Power, which produced the most expensive power among the four coal-based plants. The Payra plants power cost was BDT 2 more expensive than Godda."
Yah, our dictator was a great source of reliable data. We are waiting for interim government to settle down and start publishing actual data.

Yah, our dictator was a great source of reliable data. We are waiting for interim government to settle down and start publishing actual data.

Err, are you aware that coal price shot up to 400 US dollars a tonne during 2022-2023?

It has come down somewhat but is still 50% more than the average over the last decade and so maybe the cost of producing electricity from the new and efficient coal plants built in BD over the last 5 years would still be something like 10-12 Tk per unit.

Not really bad when you consider that Adani sunk 3 billion US dollars to build the power plant and infrastructure to get the coal to the plant from the port.

Like everything in life, we need to look at the whole picture and so far BD has actually paid less than it would have done if it was producing from its own power plant.

Another little tidbit for people, Payra coal plant has not been operating much over the last year due to BD being unable to pay for the coal imports but Adani has been supplying power for nearly a year now with no payments from BD and is still trying to work something out with new interim government.

Our vigilant students have squashed revolt of a portion of "Ansar Paramilitary force" loyal to deposed dictator hasina.
Yunus administration must accelerate the pace of identification and removal of hasina loyalists from every governmental position especially from military.
Shame on our political parties. If students have to do everything by themselves to save this country then our political parties should disband themselves.

Our vigilant students have squashed revolt of a portion of "Ansar Paramilitary force" loyal to deposed dictator hasina.
Yunus administration must accelerate the pace of identification and removal of hasina loyalists from every governmental position especially from military.
Shame on our political parties. If students have to do everything by themselves to save this country then our political parties should disband themselves.

UPDATE - Ansar forces loyal to Hasina tried to cause disturbance, but got taught lessons by thr students and the army. The remnants of the Hasina admin is still there, and all these Ansar personnel should be immediately kicked from the force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back