Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

I would argue most Bangladeshi hindus just want to choose a party that they feel is giving them some form of preference, which is understandable. As muslims are majority and have fractured interest groups, muslims generally dont vote based on religion.

Many of the online hindus who post anti-muslim and anti-Bangladeshi propaganda are either indian false flaggers or local hindus who have connection to RSS-BJP machinery in some form.

There are unfortunately both bad hindus and bad muslims in Bangladesh.

I would argue most Bangladeshi hindus just want to choose a party that they feel is giving them some form of preference, which is understandable. As muslims are majority and have fractured interest groups, muslims generally dont vote based on religion.

Many of the online hindus who post anti-muslim and anti-Bnagladeshi propaganda are either indian false flaggers or local hindus who have connection to RSS-BJP machinery in some form.

There are unfortunately both bad hindus and bad muslims in Bangladesh.

That's why BNP and Jamaat will have to lead the reforms internally first and not antagonize Hindus and allow them to feel safer and inclusive.

I am not a fan of giving preferences to any particular group of people, which was the trigger point of the revolution in the first place.

We have to create an environment where Hindus are able to flourish and obtain those desired jobs on their own qualifications, rather than some preferential quota.

They will however come back in a different banner with the same ideology, just like the neo Nazis in Europe. Parties can be banned but not the ideology.

No matter how symbolic the ban is, BAL needs to be permanently banned nonetheless and their misdeeds studied in schools. So it serves as a lesson for the future generations.
BAL leadership must be culled, every BAL members citizenship must be revoked and their properties must be seized. I know, these actions will look bad but welfare of BD must come first. They're enemy of the state...

That's why BNP and Jamaat will have to lead the reforms internally first and not antagonize Hindus and allow them to feel safer and inclusive.

I am not a fan of giving preferences to any particular group of people, which was the trigger point of the revolution in the first place.

We have to create an environment where Hindus are able to flourish and obtain those desired jobs on their own qualifications, rather than some preferential quota.

Agreed

Im curious about how Singapore resolves the challenge with many large ethnic and religious groups coexisting.

Are government jobs divided by quotas to some degree or there is some unwritten rules that are followed regarding sharing of power and giving somewhat equal balancing and representation to each subgroup.

Bruh, we ain't banning BAL. That is not a winning strategy in the long term. You win by creating your own national narrative and making it dominant.

Conversion of Gonobhaban to museum dedicated to martyrs of 2024 revolution is the first step. There will be song written in their names, roads, bridges will be named after them. We make this revolution equal to the struggle of 1971. Our leaders, politicians will visit there to pay their respect as a state tradition. Just like they do at shaheed minar and national martyrs memorial.

Of course, BAL will be allowed to do politics, but everytime we will ask a simple question, who is responsible for July-August massacre? They will be forced to say they have changed. Only way they would be able to do politics is by paying respect at the meusum like everyone else. That would defeat their narrative and that's how we are going to win.

Last edited:
BAL leadership must be culled, every BAL members citizenship must be revoked and their properties must be seized. I know, these actions will look bad but welfare of BD must come first. They're enemy of the state...

Agree they should be punished, but it has to be through due process and bulletproof cases. There shouldn't be any scope for allegations that this was a political vendetta of some sort.

That's why I am not liking the cases being filed right now, with blanket charges on multiple people. These cases just won't last in court. Very sloppy.

Bruh, we ain't banning BAL. That is not a winning strategy in the long term. You win by creating your own national narrative and making it dominant.

Conversion of Gonobhaban to museum dedicated to martyrs of 2024 revolution is the first step. There will be song written in their names, roads, bridges will be named after them. We make this revolution equal to the struggle of 1971. Our leaders politicians will visit there to pay their respect as a state tradition.

Of course, BAL will be allowed to do politics, but everytime we will ask simple question, who is responsible for July-August massacre? They will be forced to say they have changed. Only way they would be able to do politics is by paying respect at the meusum like everyone else. That would defeat their narrative and that's how we are going to win.

Great point. Didn't think of it this way. It will be a death by thousand cuts for them.

Bro, you are talking about revoking the citizenship of millions of people.

Many BAL workers arent neccesarily hardcore either. Some are platonic, others are opportunists who change allegiance and some are just caught up by BAL propaganda over the years. Many many low level workers are just illiterate people not knowing better.

Bro, you are talking about revoking the citizenship of millions of people.

Many BAL workers arent neccesarily hardcore either. Some are platonic, others are opportunists who change allegiance and some are just caught up by BAL propaganda over the years. Many many low level workers are just illiterate people not knowing better.
Im open for amendments. But we must do something bold and bloody. BAL sold our sovereignty for 17 years we must inflict pain on every BAL supporters...

Im open for amendments. But we must do something bold and bloody. BAL sold our sovereignty for 17 years we must inflict pain on every BAL supporters...

I would say, start by targeting the top leaders and see the rest crumble. Begin by arrest and trial of indian stooges and the most violent and corrupt BAL leaders.

Then GRADUALLY start replacing BAL stooges from key positions in Army, Academia, Media and so on. But not too fast… do it slowly and assymetrically, to not create a united BAL counter force.

BNP is a corrupt,incompetent and thuggish party.

If AL gets banned and so does BNP.

"Crime against humanity"? lol.

I am not fond of neither BAL or BNP.
But i have to admit BNP never did opress the opposition on such scale as BAL did.

Think about it. Khaleda Zia never run away. But Hasina ran away to her masters in India immidiately when she lost power. That single example really shows who is the real traitor.

Last edited:
I am not fond of neither BAL or BNP.
But i have to admit BNP never did opress the opposition on such scale as BAL did.

Think avout it. Khaleda Zia never run away. But Hasina ran away to her masters in India immidiately when she lost power. That single example really shows who is the real traitor.

Banning AL and not BNP is going to polarise BD totally and not allow the country to move forward at all. AL supporters will wreck any chance of a functioning democracy.

There is no constitutional reason they can be banned and the party has a significant minority of the population that support it.

If you are going to ban AL(which I support) then also ban BNP.

Those in either party that have not been involved in high level corruption or thuggery can of course join one of the other existing parties or form their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Afif
Back