'Be prepared for unexpected': Rajnath Singh tells Armed forces 'keep eye on happenings in neighbouring countries' (Bangladesh)

... In exchange for some portion of Chinese territory. I know Indian writers claim Pakistan seceded 5000 sq. Miles but that's just them being salty.
Pakistan giving 5000 sq km to China is peanuts compared to the strategic location that India lost. Both cases benefit China and Pakistan and puts India under heavy risks

@UKBengali @Joe Shearer

Released by Yunus, pro-Al-Qaeda Islamist Rahmani seeks support from Pakistan for Kashmir & ‘Khalistan’

Days after being released by Yunus-led Bangladesh interim govt, Ansarullah Bangla Team chief threatens India, urges West Bengal CM to declare independence from “Modi’s rule”.

@UKBengali Do you really think that India and Bangladesh can have normal friendly relationship after seeing what is happening in your country

@UKBengali @Joe Shearer

Released by Yunus, pro-Al-Qaeda Islamist Rahmani seeks support from Pakistan for Kashmir & ‘Khalistan’

Days after being released by Yunus-led Bangladesh interim govt, Ansarullah Bangla Team chief threatens India, urges West Bengal CM to declare independence from “Modi’s rule”.

@UKBengali Do you really think that India and Bangladesh can have normal friendly relationship after seeing what is happening in your country

Bangladesh now has some Islamist nutters FREE to counter the thousands of Hinduvta nutters in India.

If Bangladesh can, overlook Modi’s genocide and pogroms and, work with Modi - why cannot India overlook a few Islamist nutters spewing hate?

When your home minister and other senior ministers openly spew hate - you cannot really whine about a few loose Islamists in BD.

It is astonishing how the USA (with Trump) and India (with Modi) - have surrendered the moral high ground!

No one will take you seriously again!

You now have to compete with other autocratic powers!

Get used to it!

India has lost Bangladesh’s under 40s forever!

The hatred of India is genuine - it is not propaganda!

Get used a very skeptical and hostile BD for the next two decades minimum.

Btw, I am frequently censored for being too “pro India” lol

Bangladesh now has some Islamist nutters FREE to counter the thousands of Hinduvta nutters in India.

If Bangladesh can, overlook Modi’s genocide and pogroms and, work with Modi - why cannot India overlook a few Islamist nutters spewing hate?

When your home minister and other senior ministers openly spew hate - you cannot really whine about a few loose Islamists in BD.

It is astonishing how the USA (with Trump) and India (with Modi) - have surrendered the moral high ground!

No one will take you seriously again!

You now have to compete with other autocratic powers!

Get used to it!

India has lost Bangladesh’s under 40s forever!

The hatred of India is genuine - it is not propaganda!

Get used a very skeptical and hostile BD for the next two decades minimum.

Btw, I am frequently censored for being too “pro India” lol

@Circadian Rhythm

I agree but I do not think that BD will be hostile to India. Being wary of the Hinduvta elements is not the same as actively disliking and being suspicious of a whole country,

Yes it is very hyprocritical to highlight the relative few Islamic nutters who will never gain any power in BD, against the actual more numerous Hinduvta nutters that are at the highest levels of govermment in India. We need to start with "Butcher of Gujarat" Modi first.

Last edited:
Some new news coming up soon regarding bd and us defense ties. We probably gonna sign some major deals with them.

@Circadian Rhythm

I agree but I do not think that BD will be hostile to India. Being wary of the Hinduvta elements is not the same as actively disliking and being suspicious of a whole country,

Yes it is very hyprocritical to highlight the relative few Islamic nutters who will never gain any power in BD, against the actual more numerous Hinduvta nutters that are at the highest levels of govermment in India. We need to start with "Butcher of Gujarat" Modi first.

@UKBengali if you think ordinary “students” and street people can apply nuance - you are asking too much of ordinary people.

Look at the U.K. 40% of people don’t need much encouragement to get riled up. And none of these people are homeless or going without meals.

Very mature response from Foreign Advisor

Foreign advisor surprised over Indian defence minister’s comments on Bangladesh

He says they also need to understand whether the comments are meant for domestic consumption in India

Foreign Advisor Touhid Hossain has dismissed as "nonsensical" comments made by Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh about Bangladesh.

"I am more surprised than concerned. I do not understand why he made such remarks. I cannot find any reason behind it," he told journalists at the foreign ministry on Sunday.

I do not believe there is any likelihood of conflict between Bangladesh and India under any circumstances,” he said.

We also need to understand if these comments were intended for domestic consumption in India,” he added.

“And the way he said it, it was like beating around the bush. Because I see no reason for India to be preparing for war due to the situation in Ukraine, or why India would be involved in the Hamas issue."

“It is also beyond my understanding how Bangladesh can be compared with Ukraine or Hamas,” he said.

The former foreign secretary stressed that Bangladesh would not react on assumptions, saying: "I do not want to show any knee-jerk reaction; we will look into why he said this."

When asked whether Singh's comments could be perceived as a threat from India, the foreign advisor replied: "I still believe it was meant for his domestic consumption. So, I do not want to speculate."

Asked if there had been any communication with India over the matter, he said: "I do not want to say anything about that at the moment."

He says they also need to understand whether the comments are meant for domestic consumption in India

Foreign Advisor Touhid Hossain has dismissed as "nonsensical" comments made by Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh about Bangladesh.

"I am more surprised than concerned. I do not understand why he made such remarks. I cannot find any reason behind it," he told journalists at the foreign ministry on Sunday.

I do not believe there is any likelihood of conflict between Bangladesh and India under any circumstances,” he said.

We also need to understand if these comments were intended for domestic consumption in India,” he added.

“And the way he said it, it was like beating around the bush. Because I see no reason for India to be preparing for war due to the situation in Ukraine, or why India would be involved in the Hamas issue."

“It is also beyond my understanding how Bangladesh can be compared with Ukraine or Hamas,” he said.

The former foreign secretary stressed that Bangladesh would not react on assumptions, saying: "I do not want to show any knee-jerk reaction; we will look into why he said this."

When asked whether Singh's comments could be perceived as a threat from India, the foreign advisor replied: "I still believe it was meant for his domestic consumption. So, I do not want to speculate."

Asked if there had been any communication with India over the matter, he said: "I do not want to say anything about that at the moment."

@Joe Shearer

He knows which side his bread is buttered!

That’s a very low bar!

If he’s really mature and adept - he will know how to stop Indian officials spouting threats in public.

He knows which side his bread is buttered!

That’s a very low bar!

If he’s really mature and adept - he will know how to stop Indian officials spouting threats in public.

You cannot stop anyone from expressing their views, especially minister of a foreign country.

And the reason minister of a foreign country gets to spout their nonsense is because for the last decade and a half your beloved leader had turned Bangladesh into a slave state. So they expect to get away with their nonsense like this.

This attitude will change overtime only if Bangladesh follows a strong independent foreign policy, develops a strong economy and enough military deterrence to be considered as equals. Things as they stand now, India doesn't consider Bangladesh as equals. So under the circumstances, this was the appropriate response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back