Chinese Military - General News

creditability goes down when you made error in basic info like that.

And it was referred as 155mm rounds throughout the entire video, either the OP didn't really know what he was talking about or he made that mistake throughout the entire video.........
It doesn't really matter they have the process they can easily change the die or the mold for either 152mm or 155 mm No big deal!

Are you for real claiming MAJORITY of Chinese Howitzer are 155??

View attachment 56427
View attachment 56428
View attachment 56429
View attachment 56431

How many PCL-181, PLZ-45, PLZ-05, AH-4, SH-11, SH-15 do you have and how many artillery tube in total do you have in PLA?? You have more than 10,000 artillery piece in PLA, at most less than 2000 is 155. You probably sold more 155 to Pakistan or Saudi than you have for PLA.......

Next time, please check the door before you went thru it........

I didn't say that China doesn't have medium caliber guns like 122mm/130mm. I'm just telling you that the vast majority of China's large caliber artillery is 155mm.

China started phasing out 152mm caliber artillery as early as 1981 and stopped producing 152mm caliber artillery altogether by 1997.

Now China has only one 152mm gun in service, the PL-66, and the PL-66 is only equipped for the militia and reserves.

btw: PLZ-82/83 is the first generation of self-propelled artillery in China, which began service in 1979. it was retired from service in 1990, and only 78 were built.

Last edited:
Some statement in this news does not make sense.

100,000 shells per day means 70 shells produced per minute, 4,200 shells produced per hour, 100,000 produced per 24 hours.

Some statement in this news does not make sense.

100,000 shells per day means 70 shells produced per minute, 4,200 shells produced per hour, 100,000 produced per 24 hours.
During China's "Joint Sword-2024A" military exercises, the production line did reach its peak productivity of 150,000 rounds per day.

By the way, there are 20 self-filling production lines for large-caliber artillery shells in the world. All of them are located in China, and this is just one of them.

During China's "Joint Sword-2024A" military exercises, the production line did reach its peak productivity of 150,000 rounds per day.

By the way, there are 20 self-filling production lines for large-caliber artillery shells in the world. All of them are located in China, and this is just one of them.
Do you have any sources to support this claim?

Furthermore, I am disputing the claim that just a single production line produces 100,00 shells per day. While all production lines in China capable of 100,000 shells per day also deserve scrutiny, I don't think this is supported by the evidence. Unless China has begun a war economy mobilization, I would find these numbers entirely plausible, but China is not on that war economy scale yet.

I didn't say that China doesn't have medium caliber guns like 122mm/130mm. I'm just telling you that the vast majority of China's large caliber artillery is 155mm.

China started phasing out 152mm caliber artillery as early as 1981 and stopped producing 152mm caliber artillery altogether by 1997.

Now China has only one 152mm gun in service, the PL-66, and the PL-66 is only equipped for the militia and reserves.

btw: PLZ-82/83 is the first generation of self-propelled artillery in China, which began service in 1979. it was retired from service in 1990, and only 78 were built.
You said

Nonsense. Most of China's large-caliber artillery is 155mm.

There are more than 2000 Type 66 the Chinese produced/procured. You aren't going to recycle those tube, which mean they are going to be in reserve or storge appended by the Russian doctrine the Chinese following, much like how the Russian bringing out D-20/M1908 in Ukraine

There are less than somewhere between 1000-1500 155mm tube the Chinese is using depends on the source. Which mean if Most of China heavy artillery is indeed 155mm, then you have a bigger problem than me blowing my mouth here on a forum, that mean you only have less than 3000 heavy tubes.

Do you have any sources to support this claim?

Furthermore, I am disputing the claim that just a single production line produces 100,00 shells per day. While all production lines in China capable of 100,000 shells per day also deserve scrutiny, I don't think this is supported by the evidence. Unless China has begun a war economy mobilization, I would find these numbers entirely plausible, but China is not on that war economy scale yet.
CCTV-7 had introduced the automatic filling line for large-caliber artillery shells in a special report on the exercise, mentioning that the peak productivity during the exercise had once reached 150,000 pieces per day.

A Chinese woman general once said that we were the only country with automatic filling lines for large-caliber artillery shells, with a total of 20 production lines.

China is certainly not in a wartime economy. These lines have the capacity, but they are not at peak production. If Ukraine or Russia were willing to pay, we could easily solve their lack of artillery shells.

You said

There are more than 2000 Type 66 the Chinese produced/procured. You aren't going to recycle those tube, which mean they are going to be in reserve or storge appended by the Russian doctrine the Chinese following, much like how the Russian bringing out D-20/M1908 in Ukraine

There are less than somewhere between 1000-1500 155mm tube the Chinese is using depends on the source. Which mean if Most of China heavy artillery is indeed 155mm, then you have a bigger problem than me blowing my mouth here on a forum, that mean you only have less than 3000 heavy tubes.

First, I have repeatedly emphasized that the Type 66 (PL-66) was completely discontinued back in 1997, and now only the reserves and militia use the PL-66.The 82 brigades of the Chinese regular army do not use the PL-66.

Second, I don't know how many PL-66s are still in use by the Chinese reserves and militia, but the number of PL-66s sequestered in Chinese warehouses should be more than 10,000, not 2,000.

Third, the total number of Chinese 155mm artillery pieces is certainly more than 3,000.

First, I have repeatedly emphasized that the Type 66 (PL-66) was completely discontinued back in 1997, and now only the reserves and militia use the PL-66.The 82 brigades of the Chinese regular army do not use the PL-66.

Second, I don't know how many PL-66s are still in use by the Chinese reserves and militia, but the number of PL-66s sequestered in Chinese warehouses should be more than 10,000, not 2,000.

Third, the total number of Chinese 155mm artillery pieces is certainly more than 3,000.

1.) It didn't matter whether it was used by reserve or regular unit. That's still your backbone artillery if shit hit the fan.

2.) Norinco produced 1500 Type 66.

1721926757761.png

I don't think even Russia had made over 10,000 D-20.

3.) I hope you had evidence to back that number up.

It doesn't really matter they have the process they can easily change the die or the mold for either 152mm or 155 mm No big deal!

You are talking like you have done it before

The main reason for applying to study abroad in Canada in the past was that Chinese people felt that Canada was vast and sparsely populated, with good living conditions similar to Australia. When it comes to academic education alone, Canada is never the first choice for Chinese students, especially those who aspire to study science and engineering. The top universities in the United States/United Kingdom have always been the first choice for Chinese students who want to study abroad. Under the current obstruction, they choose Germany/Japan. China's excellent universities are classified in descending order of c9/985/211, with the remaining being ordinary universities. Only those who cannot be admitted to 985 universities will consider Canada as a second choice. Canada's refusal of Chinese science and engineering students on the grounds of safety has little impact on both sides. For Chinese international students, the academic quality of Canadian schools is not high, but for Canada, there are enough students of other races to apply

The whole article is making a virtue out of necessity

3.) Considering China only start making 155 tube in 2010s and most are for export customer, it's unlikely China have more than 1500 155 artillery. I hope you had evidence to back that number up.

1, Your data is inaccurate. All you have to do is do a rough calculation of the number of artillery before China's major disarmament to realize that the PL66's must have numbered over 10,000.

2, China's first 155mm self-propelled gun was born in 1986. At that time, China copied the Austrian GHN45.
by the way, China exported 54 PLZ-45 155mm self-propelled guns to Kuwait back in 1997.
I don't know who told you that China only started using 155mm self-propelled guns in 2010s? Maybe it was your instructor when you were in the service? lol

3, Who told you that Russia's weapons stockpile is the largest in the world? Russia's artillery stockpile should be less than North Korea's, and its missile stockpile should be less than Iran's. It's China's sealed arsenal that is the largest.
China used to set standards for arming the entire population during the Cold War: two guns, 20 grenades, and one rocket launcher per person. One artillery battalion per county. This standard is not a secret in China, you can confirm it with your Chinese colleagues.
Considering China's population, guess how many weapons the Chinese government made at that time?

Last edited:
The whole article is making a virtue out of necessity
Only those who have grown up and studied in China can accurately evaluate Chinese people's views on Canadian schools. Reality: Canadian universities are not very attractive to Chinese students who can be admitted to top 985 level engineering universities. The vast majority of Chinese second rate engineering students choose to study at Canadian engineering universities. China's top science and engineering universities have been included in the US military sanctions list, and these schools do not participate in the world rankings. However, these sanctioned schools are among the top choices for China's top science and engineering talents
Please do not hold Canadian universities in high regard. The diplomas from Canadian science and engineering schools have no reputation advantage when working in China, and their science and engineering certificates are completely inferior to the nine highest universities in China (C9 Alliance) ➕ Seven National Defense Technology Universities in China that have been sanctioned

Last edited:
1, Your data is inaccurate. All you have to do is do a rough calculation of the number of artillery before China's major disarmament to realize that the PL66's must have numbered over 10,000.

So my data is inaccurate because you said so? Again, you need to send me some proof, I did, you didn't.
2, China's first 155mm self-propelled gun was born in 1986. At that time, China copied the Austrian GHN45.
by the way, China exported 54 PLZ-45 155mm self-propelled guns to Kuwait back in 1997.
I don't know who told you that China only started using 155mm self-propelled guns in 2010s? Maybe it was your instructor when you were in the service? lol
First, GHN45 aren't yours saying you start making 155 in the 1980s is like saying you start making J-11 in the 1980 when you copy the Russian design.....

Second, PLZ-45 does not even have more than 200 unit and it was again based on PLL-01, which in turn based on GHN-45.

I know where I am getting my info from, I don't know about yours, because you speak a lot, but not a whole lot of reference, or should I just take your word over it??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back