Chinese Naval Platform & PLAN discussions

The Zhaotou class is a NATO reporting name of the ship class of patrol vessels of the China Coast Guard. It is the largest armed coast guard cutter in the world, surpassing the previous record holder, the Japanese Shikishima class.[1].

Range15,000 nmi (28,000 km; 17,000 mi) (estimated)

Ok, I stand corrected and agree with your view point that the Type 052C should be upgraded and not given to the Coast Guard.

Reactions: ety
Mr. Genius,
The Arihant completed its first deterrent patrol in November 2018. It's designed with a double hull, including a sealed nuclear reactor section. Unlike the latest French nuclear submarines, which have a hatch above the reactor for quicker refueling, the Arihant don't have this feature. To refuel, the hull must be cut open and then welded back together.

So someone did not leave the hatch open and fck up the vessel? I heard the cost was superb? Stop creating excuses after excuses like a typical.

Indian navy pilots can actually land fighters on the deck of an aircraft carrier, unlike the PLAN, which has needed Russian pilots to do deck landings on its flat-tops. LMAO 🤣
Didn't know Russians even operated flattops, are you sure it wasn't the Indians!? Heard the instryuctor operated WW2 carriers. Lolol

How many Type 052D are in service now?

Please confirm where I said bad quality stop trolling I ask again refrain derailing thread
China has Amazing ships
Just zero combat heritage
Look your post # 41 on page 3 you're clearly said they have bad quality ships, and USA had also minimal to zero combat heritage since the ww2, so what's the problem if they haven't any combat heritage, you're trolling and derailing the thread not me

Tughril

The 052D destroyer .... In the future, more total deployments are expected, and it is expected to reach 60 ships.
Only 25 of 052D destroyers are in service. It will be few years before China allows exports of 052D destroyer.

Last edited:
So someone did not leave the hatch open and fck up the vessel? I heard the cost was superb? Stop creating excuses after excuses like a typical.
Don't talk shit if you lack knowledge of the engineering design of a nuclear-powered submarine. It's no surprise that no Chinese individuals have won a Nobel Prize.

• Haha
Reactions: ety
Don't talk shit if you lack knowledge of the engineering design of a nuclear-powered submarine. It's no surprise that no Chinese individuals have won a Nobel Prize.
But you are not denying the hatch was open right? I am not gonna google and paste the news here, you should know better about Indian military professionalism.

China should now start focusing on nuclear submarines plus establishing Naval bases around the world. Like permanent bases like the ones USA has.

China should now start focusing on nuclear submarines plus establishing Naval bases around the world. Like permanent bases like the ones USA has.
I think China doesn't want to be like the US to dominate every corner of the seas around the world. China doesn't want to be a naval hegemon, but wants to secure its coastal seas and trade shipping routes esp in the Pacific and Indian oceans. A few overseas naval bases maybe set up in the near future, but no way near the number US has now.

Beijingwalkers comment actually makes more sense in how the PLAN works. Second string boats go to build up their coast guard, like the original Type 056 corvettes or the excess capability to built Type 054A frigates. The coast guard covers the merchant fleet and could be a second overseas Chinese fleet, the way the US uses its coast guard to interdict narcotics from South America on patrols the Persian Gulf.
Not all retired warships are suitable for use as coast guard ships. The armor of modern warships is often not specially reinforced, making them less capable of withstanding close range impacts than specialized coast guard ships. The collision between two ships was a scene of a maritime patrol conflict. The Chinese maritime police have built a batch of large tonnage specialized maritime police ships. Secondly, speed and economy are important. In response to unexpected situations, coast guard ships are required to navigate at a speed that is not too slow. The 056 has a displacement of only 1500 tons and uses a diesel engine, which is economical and reliable. Its medium speed is suitable for island patrols, and its annual patrol costs are not too high. In contrast, the advantage of 052c as a coast guard ship is not significant (its speed is not particularly outstanding, the armor of warships is not specially reinforced like that of specialized coast guard ships, old-fashioned engines are used for frequent patrols, and the cost efficiency is not high, and the tonnage advantage is not fully utilized)052c is more likely to be upgraded in my opinion

I think Plan is the most powerful navy on planet bar USA

I never said they are not I'm astounded by there quality of their ships and numbers

They are proper blue water navy and super power too

Look your post # 41 on page 3 you're clearly said they have bad quality ships, and USA had also minimal to zero combat heritage since the ww2, so what's the problem if they haven't any combat heritage, you're trolling and derailing the thread not me

I think you owe me apology Mr
Your English is poor
You refer to post 41 ...there is the proof

I ask again stop derailing the thread and stop accusing me of things I never said
On the contrary I praised plan ships

But in terms of naval war fighting and doctrine and planning USA would wipe the floor with china in any given day
That is a fact
China has never won a modern war on a global.scale like USA

China has never won a modern war on a global.scale like USA
That was in WW II, 80 years ago. And Chinese army drove the superpower US army 600 km away from its border to South Korea in the Korean war, and decisively helped the North Vietnam defeat the superpower US army again in the Vietnam-America war, can your India do that ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back