Chinese Naval Platform & PLAN discussions

So will the Type 052C get upgraded soon? They are 20 years old. Or is it better to let the ships stay as they are for the next 15-20 years and let them retire as is?
Many on the Chinese social media say they will all be handed over to the coast guard department and become coast guard cutters.

I think Plan is the most powerful navy on planet bar USA

I never said they are not I'm astounded by there quality of their ships and numbers

They are proper blue water navy and super power too
Can I show your quality and maintenance standards of your ships

So will the Type 052C get upgraded soon? They are 20 years old. Or is it better to let the ships stay as they are for the next 15-20 years and let them retire as is?
Probably do some midlife upgrdes as they did to 052B and 051B now.

Indian navy pilots can actually land fighters on the deck of an aircraft carrier, unlike the PLAN, which has needed Russian pilots to do deck landings on its flat-tops. LMAO 🤣
A friendly reminder ~ Indian aircraft carriers don’t even have carrier-based aircraft now.

And about the Indians saying "PLAN needs Russian pilots to take off and land fighter jets". ~Is this a traditional Indian experience?

of course. The Chinese Navy and the Indian Navy are different

Like I keep saying. The only way Indians win wars is with keyboards and the internet.

But don't worry. Chinese pilots will fly over Mount Everest to teach Dalits what a modern air force is.

Screenshot_20240506_010807.jpg

@harpy1 @DDG-80

Last edited:
Probably do some midlife upgrdes as they did to 052B and 051B now.
Beijingwalkers comment actually makes more sense in how the PLAN works. Second string boats go to build up their coast guard, like the original Type 056 corvettes or the excess capability to built Type 054A frigates. The coast guard covers the merchant fleet and could be a second overseas Chinese fleet, the way the US uses its coast guard to interdict narcotics from South America on patrols the Persian Gulf.

Beijingwalkers comment actually makes more sense in how the PLAN works. Second string boats go to build up their coast guard, like the original Type 056 corvettes or the excess capability to built Type 054A frigates. The coast guard covers the merchant fleet and could be a second overseas Chinese fleet, the way the US uses its coast guard to interdict narcotics from South America on patrols the Persian Gulf.
But, I don't think PLAN is going to transfer 052C to the Chinese coast guard, 052C and 052D have similar builds, quite modern and potent, it's worthwhile to do the upgrades considering they did to 052B and 051B already that are of older designs. PLAN transferred 20 056 corvettes to the coast guard because these ones are not particularly good at anything, just very ordinary mediocre for their types. The PLAN kept 50 056A because they are particularly designed for submarine warfare and China needs lots of them to guard sea ports, naval bases and coasts. They also used 054A designs to build some coast guard ships because the designs are cost effective and Chinese ship builders have the capacities to build them.

Last edited:
But, I don't think PLAN is going to transfer 052C to the Chinese coast guard, O52C and 052D have similar builds, quite modern and potent, it's worthwhile to do the upgrades considering they did to 052B and 051B already that are of older designs. PLAN transferred 20 056 corvettes to the coast guard because these ones are not particularly good at anything, just very ordinary mediocre for their types. The PLAN kept 50 056A because they are particularly designed for submarine warfare and China needs lots of them to guard sea ports, naval bases and coasts. They also used 054A designs to build some coast guard ships because the designs are cost effective and Chinese ship builders have the capacities to build them.
China maybe able to, politically, be seen deploying the type 052c to the most farthest away commercial ports, only if they are coast guard ships and receive less scrutiny. Ports on the Atlantic coast of Africa for example.

China maybe able to, politically, be seen deploying the type 052c to the most farthest away commercial ports, only if they are coast guard ships and receive less scrutiny. Ports on the Atlantic coast of Africa for example.
If 052C are transferred to the coast guard, then all the missiles and some other capabilities just like that of 056 will have to be removed, so they are not going to be real fighting ships anymore.

I have seen ten times more than of our ships and maintenance standards
Stop your trolling

You're trolling saying other navy has a bad quality, concern your own navy first than taunt other navy

If 052C are transferred to the coast guard, then all the missiles and some other capabilities just like that of 056 will have to be removed, so they are not going to be real fighting ships anymore.
They could be used as “High Endurance Cutters”, and probably keeping some “rescue” equipment on board (sonar equipment); for the sake of “rescuing fishermen” of course. Deploying UUVs, USVs and UAVs in interoperability missions with partner nations. All while deployed in the Atlantic civilian/commercial ports China has built.

China has a ways to go to becoming a power with global reach, and part of that is a world class coast guard. Just look at the equipment of the US coast guard.

1714932093994.jpeg

They could be used as “High Endurance Cutters”, and probably keeping some “rescue” equipment on board (sonar equipment); for the sake of “rescuing fishermen” of course. Deploying UUVs, USVs and UAVs in interoperability missions with partner nations. All while deployed in the Atlantic civilian/commercial ports China has built.

China has a ways to go to becoming a power with global reach, and part of that is a world class coast guard. Just look at the equipment of the US coast guard.

View attachment 38341
China currently has the world largest coast guard force in ships, but China also has many seas, islands, coasts and fisheries the like to patrol and protect. All this buildup is thanks to the disputes and confrontations with the Japanese about Diaoyu islands in East China Sea.

The Chinese Coast Guard

"The Chinese Coast Guard is the largest in the world in terms of the number of ships and even dwarfs the navies of the country's regional neighbors combined."

Last edited:
China currently has the world largest coast guard force in ships, but China also has many seas, islands, coasts and fisheries the like to patrol and protect. All this buildup is thanks to the disputes and confrontations with the Japanese about Diaoyu islands in East China Sea.

The Chinese Coast Guard

"The Chinese Coast Guard is the largest in the world in terms of the number of ships and even dwarfs the navies of the country's regional neighbors combined."
What the longest endurance of its largest sized cutters?

You're trolling saying other navy has a bad quality, concern your own navy first than taunt other navy

Please confirm where I said bad quality stop trolling I ask again refrain derailing thread
China has Amazing ships
Just zero combat heritage

What the longest endurance of its largest sized cutters?
The Zhaotou class is a NATO reporting name of the ship class of patrol vessels of the China Coast Guard. It is the largest armed coast guard cutter in the world, surpassing the previous record holder, the Japanese Shikishima class.[1].

Range15,000 nmi (28,000 km; 17,000 mi) (estimated)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back