DefencePK needs you, here is how you can help us

@Mods Deadbot Musings Hyde sirs, please can you increase image posting limit, I am trying to migrate content from PDF and unable to do so without waiting considerable length of time per post due to image count being restricted to 5 per post.

Many thanks.

I had a big list with around 200,000 members, but I found lots of duplicate entries. After fixing that, I removed users with fewer than 1000 posts, and now I have a list of about 7300 members.

I'm looking for 5-10 volunteers to help me finish the spreadsheet before 30th of December. You'll get a list of 250-500 users in the spreadsheet. Your job is to match their records from the PDF website. I can provide a complete tutorial, and you can use either Excel or Google Sheets for the task.

Here is an example screenshot of what it looks like.

View attachment 3111

In return for your help, we can express our gratitude by adding an equal number of posts and thanks to your profile for each entry you complete. If you finish 250 entries, you'll receive 250 posts and 250 thanks. The rewards double for completing 500 entries. Anyone interested?
If you had 200,000 members database, then why did i spend time getting the same details as per your request? Maybe I misunderstood.

I can help 2 hours this Friday morning, and 2-4 hours this Saturday morning, I can't promise how much I can do as pdf is the only forum I've ever interacted with so lack relevant knowledge.
After this weekend, I'm available for any duties, although will need guidance on technical matters, and I wish to remain anonymous.
Sorry, I won't be able to reply till this evening.

If you had 200,000 members database, then why did i spend time getting the same details as per your request? Maybe I misunderstood.

I can help 2 hours this Friday morning, and 2-4 hours this Saturday morning, I can't promise how much I can do as pdf is the only forum I've ever interacted with so lack relevant knowledge.
After this weekend, I'm available for any duties, although will need guidance on technical matters, and I wish to remain anonymous.
Sorry, I won't be able to reply till this evening.
That’s because 90% of the members were with post count of 0 - 50. So we did not need to store their record.

The names people mention are usually their friends or popular members so it is important to save these members before anyone else

Also, I did not have the list of members when I started this thread. It was sent to me by a volunteer after this thread was created

I hope it makes sense

Last edited:
Pakistani:

I.R.A
Armstrong
Sipra
Indus Pakistan
Cliftonite
Taimikhan
Baibars

Bangladeshi:

Magra

Iranian:

Tokhme Khar
Abii
Shahin Vatani

Chinese:

Chinese Dragon

American:

S2

Indian:

Too many to count. Most absorbed in the various offshoot Indian forums, ranging from right of center hypocritically pretending
Not a single Indian worth preserving? Lol

We at SF tried to be centralist, with real people and real identities. Deviations happen but core was to counter fissures which are a plenty if one wants to exploit in India setup. I personally vehemently supported freedom of expression, of both kinds, like you or anonymous, but due to SF being centralist or atleast trying to be, neither of ideology could survive, one fallen before other. Anyways I can name few I like those days on PDF
Ramu
Vinod
Sarthakganguly
Karan1970
Contrarian
Parikrama
Third eye
janon
Jamahir, for whoever he is, love to read his posts

Not many of above are active though, got pruned when PDF made some ideological shifts 2015/16 and thereafter.

@Hyde any contact with Muse? And then their was one with moniker friendly troll something.

We at SF tried to be centralist, with real people and real identities. Deviations happen but core was to counter fissures which are a plenty if one wants to exploit in India setup. I personally vehemently supported freedom of expression, of both kinds, like you or anonymous, but due to SF being centralist or atleast trying to be, neither of ideology could survive, one fallen before other. Anyways I can name few I like those days on PDF
Ramu
Vinod
Sarthakganguly
Karan1970
Contrarian
Parikrama
Third eye
janon

Not many of above are active though, got pruned when PDF made some ideological shifts 2015/16 and thereafter.

@Hyde any contact with Muse? And then their was one with moniker friendly troll something.
These are some really good members but I doubt they will ever come back.

I still saved the record of Sarthak, Karan, Janon and Jamahir but forgot about Shiva’s Third Eye

Ramu
Vinod
Sarthakganguly
Karan1970
Contrarian
Parikrama
Third eye
janon

Ya well, a brief eminently forgettable chapter. As with DFI.

Indians excel at echo chambers online.

Whatever you have strived for, newsflash, it wasn't and isn't happening.

How many nationalities do you have in that cubbyhole? Ek bechara wo Irish joker.

How many Pakistanis? Two? Safriz and VCheng. Pehle ko marte rehte ho. Doosra sab jagah waise hi hota hai.

Chal khush reh bhai.

Cheers, Doc

These are some really good members but I doubt they will ever come back.

I still saved the record of Sarthak, Karan, Janon and Jamahir but forgot about Shiva’s Third Eye

I've messaged Third Eye.

As I did Joe and jbgt90 and Sam and Nilu and Sharma ji and Guru.

Cheers, Doc

I've messaged Third Eye.

As I did Joe and jbgt90 and Sam and Nilu and Sharma ji and Guru.

Cheers, Doc
yo doc

I been fumbling around but cant find ki signature kaise lgatey hain

batao zara pleasj

also, ek admin bhaisaab might just gift me my 17k post count and old nick back, who knows ..

heh

gau8av.jpg

yo doc

I been fumbling around but cant find ki signature kaise lgatey hain

batao zara pleasj

also, ek admin bhaisaab might just gift me my 17k post count and old nick back, who knows ..

heh

View attachment 3825
We already agreed in principle that you are taking your other ID back. I will send you the password in couple of minutes

And your this account will be blocked. Keep one account, avoid breaking rules and you are safe forever. Otherwise you know how it goes here

Stick to the topic please

Members club is best place for off topic posts

Thanks

Ya well, a brief eminently forgettable chapter. As with DFI.

Indians excel at echo chambers online.

Whatever you have strived for, newsflash, it wasn't and isn't happening.

How many nationalities do you have in that cubbyhole? Ek bechara wo Irish joker.

How many Pakistanis? Two? Safriz and VCheng. Pehle ko marte rehte ho. Doosra sab jagah waise hi hota hai.

Chal khush reh bhai.

Cheers, Doc
If survivability/thriving is the compass of righteousness, how many forums you could survive, Indians and Pakistanis alike?

Anyways, never had issues with you, albeit enjoyed your presence, so why should I care. I am not the spokesperson for those you dont get well with.

We already agreed in principle that you are taking your other ID back. I will send you the password in couple of minutes

And your this account will be blocked. Keep one account, avoid breaking rules and you are safe forever. Otherwise you know how it goes here

Stick to the topic please

Members club is best place for off topic posts

Thanks
fine, thanks again.

https://pdf.defence.pk/members/ranjeet.147124/

just going thru some blast from the past stuff

in bhaisaab ko bhi dhoondo

Genuine guy. Old school Dharmi. No unnecessary sanghi cyapa.

Cheers, Doc

If survivability/thriving is the compass of righteousness, how many forums you could survive, Indians and Pakistanis alike?

Anyways, never had issues with you, albeit enjoyed your presence, so why should I care. I am not the spokesperson for those you dont get well with.

Never had issues with you too.

Was mildly disappointed at you not carrying the heft I expected there. With noobs acting like king tuts.

Guys I mustn't have even acknowledged in the old days.

And then your Mata Hari ... khodai.

Well that's the internet.

Saare kangri pehlwan sher ban jaate hain.

Cheers, Doc

@Pakistani members

Could you write me a short list of known Pakistani members you know from PDF?

@Indian Members

Same for Indian members

@Chinese @Arabs @Bangladeshis @Turkish

@ everyone else

Trying to preserve the data as much as possible
If you have their email ids on the old forum, could you invite Pakistanis icarus, xeric and chak bamu, and bang galore from India? It's been a while since I interacted in the old forum, so I don't recollect the ids of many good posters from India. Maybe @Joe Shearer does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back